Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod series feedback

Default DarthMod series feedback

The title says it all.Here you can write your comments and thoughts about playing the mod. Your support is needed so as more can understand the true power of the effort given by me to enhance the gameplay of RTW.

Cha0sMarin3's Avatar Semisalis

A nice mod played only the greek cities so far. Nice skins and good addition of units. But i noticed a bug where the soldiers of my unit of armoured hoplites (i think this only happens when your units are in phalanx formation) seem to 'be thrown in the sky'. Whenever they are in combat some of them just get tossed into the air (like with a cavalry charge). This happens alot and they just kept being tossed in the air (wich makes them move to all corners of the map). This happens alot of times. But i must say that i really love the way you balanced out the factions. I just hated it when the uber romans conquered the whole campaing with ease. You've done a great job there. Keep it up!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Can I get to see some screens of the units, or descreption of those added?

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by Appius
    Can I get to see some screens of the units, or descreption of those added?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43067 - All the information BTW welcome to the forums

I just flanked royal pikeman with my triarii and they drove straight them them like tanks. The pikemen didnt rout, but their formation was completely destroyed - as if my triarii were the heaviest cavalry.....

Is this the effect that you were aiming for?

Great news I'll have to put EB on hold and give this a try. I will post my comments.

@ Shaggy,

what did you expect? If you hit phalangites from behind it's all over. They can't keep formation with those long pikes if they get flanked no way. I think this is intentional and accurate.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth
    -Created compatibility for the mod to be used for any music mod without erasing events.dat file.(Also provide certain optional setting for those who use Lite Music mod and it is copied in the root directory of the game to be used freely when needed ONLY if you use lite music mod)
    How the heck did you achieve this?
    Could you please PM me?
    Thanks, need it for Fourth Age: Total War.

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

WOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HAIL DARTH! HAIL DARTH! HAIL DARTH!
    THANK YOU for your incredible and da best mod for RTW!

I'm eagerly starting my julii campaign on h/h, with cc light mm and vassal beta 4 installed, will tell you feedback.
    Good luck in your future modding adventures!

P.S. One minor bug I noticed is that you can't view your settlements on the bf in peacetime - game CTDs;needs only a tiny fix.
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by DEMETRIOUS II
    Great news I'll have to put EB on hold and give this a try. I will post my comments.

@ Shaggy,

what did you expect? If you hit phalangites from behind it's all over. They can't keep formation with those long pikes if they get flanked no way. I think this is intentional and accurate.

Cheers!
    hmmm then why dont other unit types have the same effect. i suspect it is some kind of high mass value to make triarii withstand cav charge?

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Duke Vytautas
    WOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HAIL DARTH! HAIL DARTH! HAIL DARTH!
    THANK YOU for your incredible and da best mod for RTW!

I'm eagerly starting my julii campaign on h/h, with cc light mm and vassal beta 4 installed, will tell you feedback.
    Good luck in your future modding adventures!

P.S. One minor bug I noticed is that you can't view your settlements on the bf in peacetime - game CTDs;needs only a tiny fix.
    Minor Bug look in to that tonight - Fixed look at sticky named city view fix 15.11pm GMT 16/03/05

@Darth . Tryed few battles againest gauls and carthage and both times the AI had me thinking(on medium). Gaul one though might lose it. expect 14 man roman cavarly charge down this hill taking out the gaul warload and few skirmishers by that time had regrouped but losted my cavarly
    Last edited by wipeout140; March 16, 2006 at 09:12 AM. Reason: fixed minor bug in DathMod 7.0

Thanks All. I eagerly wait from you comments about general enhancements I made.
    The Roman balance. The formations. The Campaign challenge.
    @Cha0sMarin3: This happens bcs of general mass settings but the compensation is so great that it is not worth to change it. If someone uses his imagination can think of men tear apart from the heavy lances or jump up as hey run in front of them and die as the phalanx suddenly aims them.
    @Shaggy1973:The spear effect causes pushing ability. Triarii are special roman units that hold their line well and push with shields and heavy spears. It is in a way deliberate yes.

Also to wipeout and others...have you noticed the protective formation of units such as romans and greeks?You like them?
    @Arakorn-eir:Not really a secret for me to say. This is achieved by checking sound txts and erasing units that are currently not used in my mod.
    Many mods do that swapping of unit availabilty but forget to erase the shared names in various files. So now the game will not search for them and there it is.
    This is custom based according to mod settings. MAybe in your mod this cannot be done so easily bcs more shared files may exist.
    At least in my mod it was simplier.
    @Grand Duke Vytautas:well this was quite intentional. Did not care about it....sorry. Play battles to tell me more. I want your comments

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Wow, just found out that 7.0 was released. The descriptions sound very exciting and I can't wait to try this mod out. Thanks Darth for making it.

I'm interested mostly in your formations, so I played my BareBonesWars mod with your formations 12.0 and your descr_mount.txt file:
    - field battles goooood: I noticed that the units went into a protective formation if attacked (different units grouped together),no suicide generals up to now, enemy troops are trying to circle around mine, multi wave cavallery attacks,
    - bridge battles: the AI went quick to the bridge into a protective formation (probably to prevent the player to attack to quickly), than in an explosive attack they started to go over the bridge: first all went well, the infantry,....than the cavallery/elephants and ....clogging again. and the enmy troops are dancing in front of mine (back, advance,back,advance,...) So maybe its my mod parameters which doesn't fit with your bridge formations....
    - siege not tested

need more time to test with your mod this evening

repman
    Last edited by repman; March 16, 2006 at 02:47 AM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

@repman:the internal formations are not to be used with other mods bcs many units are forced to have protective formation and in other mods than Darthmod that means loose formation. If you bypass that, everything goes well.
    Bridge battles assault are hardcoded . The CA AI is programmed to tell all melee forces to pass the bridge and attack and so there is the clogging.
    I have done extensive effort to minimize this and so you see them to wait in the bridge and also not pass it in frantic but in some cohesion.
    The best I could do and nothing more can somebody do I think.
    As for Bridge AI defense. Play some battles in custom to see that it reminds MTW. Yes it is far better.
    Be updated to use the standalone version

I've just tested 7.0 and what i can say is:
    1.So good to see the ai phalanxes approching in tight formation without doing 'up and down' with their spears.
    2.Fantastic feeling with roman army while moving into formations, and i love being able to choose among the clean different authentic and effective formations: it changes the WHOLE GAMEPLAY .
    3.In battle the ai seems to have their plans well prepared and they no more go right..and left..and backward..and right
    --> it's a huge improvement from your past versions!!
    4.The skins u choosed are just CLEAN, i mean they all go so well together, it's rare to see that in a mod (only saw this kinda visual harmony in RTR).
    5.U managed to implement great quality skins but to my surprise: the game runs a lot lot lot smoother than RTR or other mods --> BRAVO.
    6.The new custom maps are awesome.
    7.I'm only at the beginning of the roman campaign so i'll come back later to give my impressions about this aspect of your mod.

To conclude your 7.0 mod makes the battles 10 times funnier and beautiful! (and i forget the campaign aspect)

I have 2 little questions:
    1)What are exactly the roman army skins u're using?
    2)I'm a little confused about vassal_beta_4 : should it be installed? what is it exactly?

Thanxs again for your work Darth.

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus
    I have 2 little questions:
    1)What are exactly the roman army skins u're using?
    2)I'm a little confused about vassal_beta_4 : should it be installed? what is it exactly?
    Think there Webird Skins

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    -Made available the Vassal_beta_4. For those who do not know it is an optional way of playing RTW by creating superfactions with vassals that honour alliances and thus create powerful AI armies for human player to defeat. In this version I have corrected the early internal roman conflict(And the senate obsession against Scipii). The alliances will be powerful and the only thing that may be a problem is that the superfactions will rarely expand but will use their vassals to wage their wars. But this creates stable powers that human player will have great difficulty to defeat.
    There is an extra folder that will be copied to root directory of RTW called “Vassal_beta_4”. If you open it and copy the content inside DATA folder you will replace data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ descr_strat and data\sm_factions (back it up if you do not want to lose default darthmod settings).
    Hope that helps

Cha0sMarin3's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks All. I eagerly wait from you comments about general enhancements I made.
    The Roman balance. The formations. The Campaign challenge.
    @Cha0sMarin3: This happens bcs of general mass settings but the compensation is so great that it is not worth to change it. If someone uses his imagination can think of men tear apart from the heavy lances or jump up as hey run in front of them and die as the phalanx suddenly aims them.
    The problem is actually that hunting down enemies takes alot amount of time because soldiers of units are spread out all over the map. It would be nice to see this fixed.

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by Cha0sMarin3
    The problem is actually that hunting down enemies takes alot amount of time because soldiers of units are spread out all over the map. It would be nice to see this fixed.
    Cha0s that could happen in real life as well

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

in the vassel-4 settings, are the bruti supopsed to not be able to attack macedon?
    this is what I get when I try to attack them:
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

@Arakorn-eir:Not really a secret for me to say. This is achieved by checking sound txts and erasing units that are currently not used in my mod.
    Many mods do that swapping of unit availabilty but forget to erase the shared names in various files. So now the game will not search for them and there it is.
    This is custom based according to mod settings. MAybe in your mod this cannot be done so easily bcs more shared files may exist.
    At least in my mod it was simplier.
    I don't understand, is it possible to have music in your own mod without deleting events.dat?
    And what do unit type-lines do in the descr_music, they're only in export_descr_sounds_unit_voice.txt!

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast