Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remade Event Pictures == v1.2. for TATW and submods (Image heavy OP)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Remade Event Pictures - Previews

I thank you Officerpuppy (with an update and new cultures preview)

Edit: And Minas, you were talking about the ambushed picture, my bad, have to give you right there. I'm fixed myself some Amun Hen-ambush pics now to get more fitting
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 25, 2011 at 04:26 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

hey, me again...

i like Harad/rhun pics... really good, hard to make any suggestions there, but i managed to find one thing that you could consider...

i noticed that you are using mordor siege towers for battle deployment of R/H units. well, that isn't most fortunate don't you think? i think that something like most advanced pic would fit better (especially for harad) unless you were infact trying to show strong bonds between mordor and H/R... that's my little suggestion here... also for alliance announced or even trait/retinue picture maybe you could use some pic of Mouth of Sauron if such even exists (hopefull in expanded version of RotK)... all in all, i really like them... also i have proclaimed this my duty: to give you my opinions on those pictures...

also i would be delighted if this project and princesess would be included in MOS Expansion Project; so you can (if you agree) give a little explanation in group so we can discuss with W on the ways how to actually implement princesses.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    i noticed that you are using mordor siege towers for battle deployment of R/H units. well, that isn't most fortunate don't you think? i think that something like most advanced pic would fit better (especially for harad) unless you were infact trying to show strong bonds between mordor and H/R... that's my little suggestion here... also for alliance announced or even trait/retinue picture maybe you could use some pic of Mouth of Sauron if such even exists (hopefull in expanded version of RotK)... all in all, i really like them... also i have proclaimed this my duty: to give you my opinions on those pictures...

also i would be delighted if this project and princesess would be included in MOS Expansion Project; so you can (if you agree) give a little explanation in group so we can discuss with W on the ways how to actually implement princesses.

cheers
    Beg to differ, both haradrrim and easterlings participated in the sige of Gondor. Haradrims precense is well known of course, but here are photage of easterlings joining the onslaught
    Check this out http://scrapbook.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/13284 [and push Next too see the 3 more pictures]

The trait/retinue is part of an attempt to balance up the haradrims % of the wicked men-culture. Before it was two different pic of southrons marsching, just thought I should give easterlings a corresponding role.
    Though, I'm thinking of giving Mouth' as a diplomacy-pic. IMHO it isnt quite sure weither it should be on a + or - relatiosnhip though, that guy creeps folk out and makes them apperently pissed ^^

What about dwarves new ambush-pic? Is it to silly or does it work? Throwing an axe give Gimli a strange look

I am doing a version for MOS already so thats no problem, but not quite sure what you meant about this in combo with "W's" princesses?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

the "faction leader dies" for harad is absolutely hilarious...i'd kill my FL just to take a look at it..all of them one after one

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    the "faction leader dies" for harad is absolutely hilarious...i'd kill my FL just to take a look at it..all of them one after one
    oops

THATS a submod that influence game play all of a sudden ^^

Edit: actually the pic appear ATM anytime a nobleman die, if its a small photo in a list, though that will not remain such when I'm done I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    The trait/retinue is part of an attempt to balance up the haradrims % of the wicked men-culture. Before it was two different pic of southrons marsching, just thought I should give easterlings a corresponding role.
    Though, I'm thinking of giving Mouth' as a diplomacy-pic. IMHO it isnt quite sure weither it should be on a + or - relatiosnhip though, that guy creeps folk out and makes them apperently pissed ^^

What about dwarves new ambush-pic? Is it to silly or does it work? Throwing an axe give Gimli a strange look

I am doing a version for MOS already so thats no problem, but not quite sure what you meant about this in combo with "W's" princesses?
    i know the haradrim/rhun were part of gondor onslaugth so i see you have opted for "joint work" by mordor and easterlings when it comes to this. it's good as it gives an important presentation of easterlings being allied/subdued (not militarily) to mordor, i like it

hm, the Mouth had a dual purposse. i admitt people were scared of him but they weren't dreaded of him (like of nazguls). i think that his fea came from the fact that he represented Sauron himself not that he hjad some dark magical powers or something like that (as Nazguls did); so it could be used for both pictures... diplomacy for mordor was important even tough it was strong military "state". i think sauron was greatest srategist in ME and he valued diplomacy very much. he achieved easterlings allegiance thru diplomacy (with some frightening elements)...

ambush picture is a little fuzzy but it is good representation of ambush action, a sudden jump from nowhere by dwarven forces. to clarify one of erlier posts. i think that picture you have (with title: ambushed by force of HE) would fit better to situation when dwarven army ambushes someone i think we were on the wrong pages there,. also the one you use now can be used actually for ambushed picture also, gimli in close quarters throwing his axe shows that situation is dire and serious...

on the princesses: i know that in TATW they are removed (some problems with having them marry the right guy/faction etc), so i thought that maybe W could help us out with some information how would everything work (especially with MOS)...

the MOS version is ok, but i was hoping for MOS Expansion project version. why? well several reasons:
    1) if it's only MOS Version you can't use it with MOS EP
    2) it's really in the spirit of what MOS EP is about
    3) H is absent now, but when he returns he will probably intergrate all the work from MOS EP to MOS (so you won't have to make constant updates of your submod).

think about that and let me know

(...)diplomacy for mordor was important even tough it was strong military "state". i think sauron was greatest srategist in ME and he valued diplomacy very much. he achieved easterlings allegiance thru diplomacy (with some frightening elements)...
    ambush picture (...)

on the princesses (...)
    the MOS version is ok, but i was hoping for MOS Expansion project version. why? well several reasons:
    1) if it's only MOS Version you can't use it with MOS EP
    2) it's really in the spirit of what MOS EP is about
    3) H is absent now, but when he returns he will probably intergrate all the work from MOS EP to MOS (so you won't have to make constant updates of your submod).
    Was just thinking of that every time in LotR [books] Sauron uses diplomacy his diplomats makes the others either scared or intimidated ^^ But will scratch my absent beard and figure this and the ambush-dawrven-pic out for the best

Well, W "steal" the princesses for his Mirror/Eye-submod doesnt he?
    Dunno what I could help out with that but bring me the project parts of which you want support and I'll see what I can manage
    Why this submod otherwise wouldn't work with MOS EP I do not get, cant see you'll trash the cultures that way, but if you say soo its just as good to encorporate it early on

EDIT: Do you know who made the dwarven marriage/children pics in MOS? I want to use them into Remade Event's but dont know who to ask, as H is not present
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 26, 2011 at 08:46 AM.

EDIT: Do you know who made the dwarven marriage/children pics in MOS? I want to use them into Remade Event's but dont know who to ask, as H is not present

well i think they were done by Maestro Ugo if i'm not mistakenif you could upload one, i can surley crossreference them and thell you for sure...

well i think they were done by Maestro Ugo if i'm not mistakenif you could upload one, i can surley crossreference them and thell you for sure...
    These are two of the three I'm interested in
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

hm, they were deffinetly remade by Maestro Ugo, but, where he got them from i don't know... you could pm him and see what he will tell you...

hm, they were deffinetly remade by Maestro Ugo, but, where he got them from i don't know... you could pm him and see what he will tell you...
    Thanks
    I've sent him a PM

Default Re: Remade Event Pictures - Previews [Northmen added 27 june]

Posted an update with Nothmen now.
    Do anybody got an idea what to maybe change Siege Details with? Not all to happy now that gondorian soldiers glimpses among their allies, but it is hard to find any good 'northmen make a siege'-pics... perhaps should go outside the LotR-movies to find something decent?
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 27, 2011 at 12:11 AM.

ola Ngugi,

the alliance announced picture is also used (not the same exact picture but the same theme) for beacons of ME submod event pictures... So you might consider something else instead... maybe, the scene from The Two towers after Gandalf has "freed" Theoden and is sitting on his right in the Great Hall giving him advice (about Saruman's advance against Isengard)....

Siege Details: Also The Two towers (somwhere in the middle), you know when Hama scouts ahead of the column going to helms Deep and is attacked by warg? eh, before the attack, you could use some scene where he is "watching" arround restlessly... maybe that could work...

the alliance announced picture is also used (not the same exact picture but the same theme) for beacons of ME submod event pictures... So you might consider something else instead... maybe, the scene from The Two towers after Gandalf has "freed" Theoden and is sitting on his right in the Great Hall giving him advice (about Saruman's advance against Isengard)....

Siege Details (...)
    Bugger, hehe, should had checked that submod better

Will spec

thanks

Bugger, hehe, should had checked that submod better

Will spec

thanks
    no problem, it's actually great for me... constantly digging thru my memory to remember some fitting scene from all three of the movies...

on the other note: if you don't find any appropriate pic in LoTR movies/resources it's not bad to use other movies/resources... but which? i can't tell...depends on what you want...

no problem, it's actually great for me... constantly digging thru my memory to remember some fitting scene from all three of the movies...

on the other note: if you don't find any appropriate pic in LoTR movies/resources it's not bad to use other movies/resources... but which? i can't tell...depends on what you want...
    ATM I use you as my "judge" haha, when chosing pic's I think 'What will MM say about this?'. Helps a lot too keep on edge and make a better work when you know someone will look at it and speak their mind hehe

Yes, it has too be really fitting and still chose scenes/pics people wont recognise. Will look fast at Braveheart, King Arthur, Gladiator and Game of Thrones I think if they got some generic armies tents/barricades that will fit

ATM I use you as my "judge" haha, when chosing pic's I think 'What will MM say about this?'. Helps a lot too keep on edge and make a better work when you know someone will look at it and speak their mind hehe

Yes, it has too be really fitting and still chose scenes/pics people wont recognise. Will look fast at Braveheart, King Arthur, Gladiator and Game of Thrones I think if they got some generic armies tents/barricades that will fit

i was thinking about Bravehart, King Arthur and Gladiator myself, but chose not to mention them:
    1) Bravehart is epic movie and must know about in modern world so people are going to recognise it instantly...
    2) King arthur and gladiator ar both set in the wrong age i think (gladiator even more so). hm,you maybe could use king Arthur's pics, as long as no units are shown... i think there are some scenes with wall in the mist whitout any units. but i'm not sure you are after absence of all units, right? so it might be a tad problematic. have you maybe tried some LotR reactment pictures?

Yeah I know the limitations ar dire but who knows, could end up with something usefull if one choses carefull
    reenactment is often of poor quality to my exp, but true, you may get surprised, so will take a look around
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 27, 2011 at 03:33 AM.

movies to take pics from... (even though some more recognizable than others ,its not like you have to pick the leading actors ones..)

outlander
    beowulf and grendel (the kid dwarf was from that one..as one pic i've sent you ngugi)
    conan the barbarian and conan the destroyer
    gladiator
    troy
    king arthur
    robin hood (russel crow one ..NOT the men in tights )
    valhalla rising
    dungeons and dragons
    braveheart
    the hunt for gollum (fan film on lotr)
    born of hope (fan fil on lotr)
    the eagle
    centurion

i've done lots of portraits from these ..mostly by searching the net..but if you have the patience you can use some program to make your own screenshots for events,,,

Ngugi, i really like the pic you have chosen... that's gladiator right? the battle in Germania at the beggining of the movie? it's great...

@Noobas
    good movie suggestions there, however i would also like to add the Eagle (it is a roman era movie but it has some good scenes of northmen warriors at the beggining)...

i could think of some more with time... oh, what about the Robin Hood Prince of thieves with K.Costner; it also shows rugged northmen (i mean on merry company)...

oh, and one must deffinetly add Star Wars saga, to have Imperial Star Destroyer as event pic for attacked is a must

all in all it's good as it is now, i have to admitt, northmen were your best work so far, i had almost none remarks and that is something that we are all going for

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast