Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [OUTDATED] ZenMod DARTH, 7/30 updated for DLC patch and v2.7

Default [OUTDATED] ZenMod DARTH, 7/30 updated for DLC patch and v2.7

7/30
    v4.5
    (remove all old patches when using)
    -Fixed generals having incorrect dismounted battle entity (obsoletes patch)
    -Fixed some ikko units not being recruited to having wrong unit tags (obsoletes patch)
    -Updated darthmod content to v2.7
    -Corrected error with DLC patch causing game to crash at start
    -Renamed DLC units to have japanese names

BE SURE TO REMOVE THE MOD BEFORE PLAYING AVATAR MULTIPLAYER.

Download link =: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3306 (includes combined versions of both zen and darth mods)
    -For Darthmod by DARTH VADER info see here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437591)

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD DARTH MOD SEPARATELY, IT IS INCLUDED IN THE PACK.
    NON-ENGLISH USERS DOWNLOAD THIS IN ADDITION HOWEVER: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428999

Credits:
    Hedge Knight = UAI
    Swiss Halberdier = Yari Sohei, Kyuba Sohei, and Tokugawa Sogekihei models
    JFC = unit cards
    DARTH VADER =Darthmod content for Darth version

ZenMod is an overhaul which attempts to create a more historically accurate unit roster for both common and clan specialty units, as well as rebalance all units so that each has a distinct purpose, as was the case with the original Shogun. To install, drop the .pack into Shogun's data folder and the user.script into Shogun's %appdata% folder

This mod is not compatible with mods that alter:
    -Land battlefield gameplay mechanics
    -Units, whether altering stats or adding new ones
    -Unit card mods (one is already included, based off JFC's unit cards)

Mods that alter audio-visual aspects (if not editing uniforms db), or naval mechanics (if standard version) should be compatible.

Recommended campaign/battle difficulty: Hard
    Reccomended unit size: Large

CHANGELOG:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-Adjusted battle variables so battles last longer and are thus more tactical/realistic
    -Upkeep increased marginally
    -Ashigaru should be less comparitively cost effective than in vanilla
    -Related to above, units slowed down in movement, infantry moreso than cavalry
    -Renamed units, ships, buildings, etc. to have japanese names
    -Removed all ahistorical units and added historical units that were not in game
    -Rearranged clan faction bonuses to be both more balanced and more historical
    -Gave each clan faction a new, unique "hero" unit (1 hero type only per faction)
    -Adjusted troop types/classes for, hopefully, better AI building and use
    -Adjusted experience upgrades for buildings (generally higher)
    -Rebalanced all unit stats so all units have a useful, distinct role (spear/defense, naginata/offense, etc.)
    -Related to above, more logical and 'realistic' statting, i.e. naginata and spearmen both same armor values
    -Increased garrison sizes slightly and adjusted to use new units
    -Added color-coded unit cards for all units (based off JFC's mod)
    -Boosted ashigaru unit sizes
    -Slightly improved guns and slightly downgraded archers
    -Added many abilities to units where appropriate, particularly new hero units
    -Slightly toned down anti-cav bonuses
    -Overhauled naval stats and abilities, more epic and balanced naval battles
    -Recolored major and many minor faction uniforms
    -Recolored major and many minor faction banners

UNIT ROSTERS:

-Common-
    Yari Ashigaru (long spear)
    Naginata Ashigaru*
    Yumi Ashigaru
    Teppo Ashigaru
    Yari Samurai (short spear)
    Naginata Samurai
    Yumi Samurai
    Teppo Samurai
    Keikihei Samurai (short spear)
    Juukihei Samurai* (naginata)
    Kyukihei Samurai (bow)
    Hokihei Samurai* (musket, dragoon)
    Yari Sohei (short spear)*
    Naginata Sohei
    Yumi Sohei
    Teppo Sohei*
    Oban* (long spear, shogun only)
    Kerai* (nodachi, garrison only)
    Kyuba Sohei* (horse archer-monk, req. mtn. hermitage)
    Kiba Sohei* (mounted monks, req. fortified monastery)
    Kaihei Wako* (bow/melee hybrid, req. pirate's lair)
    Sanpei Wako* (gun/melee hybrid, req. pirate fortress)

Bumaru* (shortspear peasant mob, req. barracks)
    Jizamurai* (pike-using kokujin mob, req. barracks)

-Clan-
    Chosokabe - Superior bowmen, Chosokabe Kyudosha* (bow hero)
    Date - Superior naginata troops, Date Kesshitai* (nodachi hero)
    Hattori - Kisho training for foot samurai/ashigaru, Hattori Iga-Mono* (ninja hero)
    Hojo - Superior siege and retainer/garrison units, Hojo Onna-Bugeisha* (naginata hero)
    Imagawa - Better melee for ranged units; Imagawa Shinobi* (bow ninja)
    Ikko Ikki - Larger unit numbers for foot sohei/ashigaru, Ikko Ikki Ikkito-Sen (bow cav sohei hero)
    Mori - Superior sohei, Mori Yamabushi* (naginata monk hero)
    Oda - Superior ashigaru, Oda Ashigaru-Gashira* (long spear hero)
    Shimazu - Superior foot samurai, Shimazu Kensei* (nodachi hero)
    Takeda - Superior mounted samurai, Takeda Uma-Mawari* (mounted long spear hero)
    Tokugawa - Superior gun troops and ships, Tokugawa Sogekihei* (musket sharpshooter hero)
    Uesugi - Superior spearmen, Uesugi Hatamoto-Kachi (short spear hero)
    *NEW UNIT

Note: Unit and building descriptions are not accurate anymore, trust only the information pop-up when you scroll over a unit or building until I edit descriptions at some later point.

PICS

UNITS (note: some pics taken before colors changed, see below for new uniform colors)

NEW COLORS/BANNERS

STATS

as of 5/15 v2.5, darth and mutant mod versions may differ

Recommended Compatible Mods:
    Last edited by General Malaise; July 30, 2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: new release

PieKillU's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: ZenMod DARTH

cool, can't wait to check it out
    Yayz to modelling and skinning! W:TW Dev newbie

Default Re: [Released] ZenMod DARTH

Quote Originally Posted by General Malaise View Post
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD DARTH MOD SEPARATELY, IT IS INCLUDED IN THE PACK.
    NON-ENGLISH USERS DOWNLOAD THIS IN ADDITION HOWEVER: http://www.twcenter.net

If it has DM in it by default, does this mean I won't be able to use the launcher options like ashigaru boost and normal sizes?

No, you can't use the launcher options but I believe all of them are available as separate downloads anyway. Regarding unit sizes the mod already uses standard unit sizes, you use a script, not a mod to alter unit sizes universally.

Made a new optional patch which does two things, mostly two make the barracks units more individualized.

The first, is to give Bumaru, who are conscripted camp laborers, the ability to lay wooden stakes. This is optional because the AI does a poor job of avoiding these and because the textures on the stakes look poor. However, Bumaru require a special building to make, are the weakest unit, and are capped as well so I don't think it will unbalance things. The second simply gives jizamurai a garrison policing bonus.

Use the ZenPatchDarth for the darth version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?425v36s5fn7sead

Default Re: [Released] ZenMod DARTH, 6/28 Fix PATCH

6/28 Necessary patch for fixing an issue with Hojo retainer units and Darthmod causing CTDs. Download here and drop in data folder, no user script needed:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4lcjx2kabar1704

Default Re: [Released] ZenMod DARTH, 7/10 NEW v4.2 out

7/10 v4.2 out
    -Gave Bumaru unit wooden stakes ability -
    -Gave Jizamurai garrison policing bonus -
    -Removed hide in long grass from Kyuba Sohei (made AI too passive with it) -
    -Increased morale loss of being shot at with gunpowder or artillery (Darth and Mutant versions -
    -Made Imagawa count as major clan (Darth verionso only; gets better AI bonuses, needs testing) -
    -Fixed error with dismounted cavalry moving too fast in Darth and Mutant versions
    -Lowered naval morale increases slightly for Darthmod version
    -Updated Darthmod to v 2.55

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Released] ZenMod DARTH, 7/10 NEW v4.2 out

Excellent to have you around General malaise...

Any help needed for organisation, support etc... just leave a can of tuna under my door

Looking forward to giving your mod a whirl.

Default Re: [Released] ZenMod DARTH, 7/19 PATCH out

Should probably post this here too, since it is for the darth version. Should fix a problem with dismounted generals having wrong battle entity. No user script needed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7slis9d4infhdgt

I appear to have a bug: Ikko Ikki's very own Yari Sohei unit says requires another religion, Christianity, I think? I can see the fat man quivering with laughter under his tree at the thought.

Update: It looked like a cross to me but the pack file says rel-buddhist (yay, first time I've used the PFM for Shogun). Same with Ikko monk matchlocks.
    Last edited by Berengar; July 24, 2011 at 01:19 PM.

Ah, good catch. I don't have Ikko Ikki DLC so I cannot properly test them.

Here is a patch for all versions which should fix this hopefully, just drop in data pack, no script needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7473nwkjgtwxysg

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Released] ZenMod DARTH, 7/24 PATCH 2 out

Tiny bug I noticed when playing as Mori - the starting ship you get is called a Tokugawa Yumi Kobaya. All ships you build subsequently are the normal Yumi Kobaya.

Ofc today's patch just broke the whole damn thing but I have enjoyed your mod a lot, so I hope you can get it to work again.

Cheers

Seems to be a problem with having AUM installed the new patch for the DLC don't like it,if you have it installed try removing it.

ZenMod is not meant to be played with AUM, or any other unit pack mod, as I stated in the opening post. I'm surprised it worked at all before the patches.

Also, changing the name of that starting ship would require editing the startpos.esf which is too much to do for such a small thing.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Is this working as intended after the patch with the custom units added to the mod since both AUM and Radious mods that include custom units are broken?

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Icon6 Re: [Released] ZenMod DARTH, 7/24 PATCH 2 out

Quote Originally Posted by General Malaise View Post
    Also, changing the name of that starting ship would require editing the startpos.esf which is too much to do for such a small thing.
    Np, just wanted to let you know

PS: My Shogun now crashes with this mod installed, runs ok without.
    A bitter blow as I was enjoying it so much.
    But I have faith that you geniuses will sort it out.
    Last edited by Bento; July 28, 2011 at 04:19 PM.

Default Re: [Released] ZenMod DARTH, 7/30 updated for DLC patch and v2.7

Hopefully this works now:

v4.5
    -Fixed generals having incorrect dismounted battle entity (obsoletes patch)
    -Fixed some ikko units not being recruited to having wrong unit tags (obsoletes patch)
    -Updated darthmod content to v2.7
    -Corrected error with DLC patch causing game to crash at start
    -Renamed DLC units to have japanese names

Remove old patches and download from link in OP above.

Hi, I use a submod of ZDM (RHO) and was wondering if there is a way to stop troops climbing over castle walls.

It seems rediculous to me now, maybe some would but not in the numbers in game. If historically they could climb over them, even at higher castle levels, then maybe make it more dangerous to do so, killing more of the unit that attempts it - as long as this discourages the AI.

Did they have seige towers in this period (I seem to remember seeing something about them)? If they did I guess something will have to stand in their stead (unless they can be introduced), but surely what exists now is not correct.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami
    Well yes you can change what units to have this ability in unit_stats_land table it's called use grappling hooks.
    But if you remove this it will completly brake gameplay during sieges since the AI has trouble enough with pathfinding as it is during siege battles.
    The rate at wich they fall of the walls i have no idea what value might affect that to be hounest.
    Anyway use packfile manager to open the packfile in question go to the table mentioned above scroll to the right and you will find this section with the grappling hooks change it from false to true or vice versa.
    EDIT 2: Actually looking at the DB for the mods I use this is already set to false. I will try true and see what happens.

EDIT 3: I changed the "Use grappling hooks" column in the mentioned database from "False" to "True" for all units and tried a custom battle but it did not seem to make a difference. I will try again by changing all of the "unused" values for one unit (e.g. Yari Ashigaru) and seeing what happens.

EDIT 4: Changing all the unused/unknown columns for yari ashigaru made the game crash. I could do them one by one but this would take a while. I might try if I have time.
    Last edited by fireship4; September 19, 2011 at 04:26 AM.

Hello, I'm trying to use this mod (with and without the The Realism and Historicity overhaul Mini-Mod) and as I'm using a german version I used the linked extra pack for non-english users. So far I started with Shimazu to see if the mod is working. There I've seen that the Shimazu can recruit "Katana-Ashigaru der Ikko-Ikki" which is obviously not correct.

Now I'm not sure if my game only uses the wrong names or if the shimazu actually get a wrong unit. If it is the first I'd like to know if it is possible, just to copy the japanese names of the units and replace the (now wrong) german ones? If it is the second I'd like to know if there is another way to corect it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also I beg your pardon for my bad english.
    Last edited by Kival; September 26, 2011 at 08:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast