Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PoP 4.0: Preview #1 - Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Overview

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Default PoP 4.0: Preview #1 - Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Overview

Now that I have PoP 3.302 all set-up here on these boards, it's time to start looking at our next version Prophesy of Pendor 4: Legacy. For now, I'm going to port over several Previews that have been displayed already on our official PoP Boards at Taleworlds to here. In time, we will introduce exclusive smaller previews here first, so be sure to always keep an eye out, not only here, but also our official PoP Boards as well, as you just may never know what we will display for you everyone, and where it could be! (In fact if you're a big fan of PoP, you'll notice some minor details added here in this preview already, )

Prophesy of Pendor 4 is shaping up to be one of our most defining versions yet. For the first time, new notes of PoP material have been discovered by Saxondragon which actually talk about a different continent outside of Pendor. This place is called "Amala" and was once the home of the Baccus Empire, the Snake Goddess, the Original tribes of the Jatu and older cultures that have risen again to power since the collapse of the Empire many years ago.

These notes chronicle the adventures of the heir of the Throne of Pendor, sent by the monarch of the newly united Pendor, on a crusade to strike at the heart of the Snake Cult that now mostly dominate Amala. However, on the way there, tragedy strikes, and the ship and most of the troops accompanying the heir are destroyed. This, my friends, is where your journey begins in PoP 4, will you be able to find the heir and unite the disparate forces to complete the mission to destroy Azi Dahaka, or will you become just another footnote in the history of the Snake Cult?

Main Features:
    more to be added as announced

Lasted Updated:
    June 10, 2011

• New Setup Options

• These will dictate not only the player and skills, but how the Pendor troop line troops will be named, and their skills based on how Pendor was united in PoP 3. We are looking at over 1200 possible combinations at the moment for the troops.

• New Main Factions

• The Grandy Duchy of Santara
        • A Duchy of Barclay that borders this area. Once part of the old Baccus Empire it now has a foot in both realms, the intrigues of the Barclay Court and the riches of Amala.

• The Ashenborn Empire
        • The remnants of the Baccus Empire that have maintained the honor and culture of former greatness with the aim to once again subjugate all of Amala.

• The Melitine Empire
        • A blend of the Jatu Culture with the influences of the more civilized Baccus Lords, the Meltine is a warrior culture that is vibrant and strong.

• The Kingdom of Nohseru
        • An older semi-arid based culture that has bordered the Jatu Nomads for centuries and has a rich and complex history. Subjugated by the Baccus Empire centuries ago, intermarriages with the Jatu Nomad clans, they have evolved into a powerful nation on the verge of expansion into Amala.

• The Snake Dominion npc major faction
        • Once, long ago, these lands held a very sophisticated and religiously devout culture. Once the Snake Goddess unveiled herself the culture started to change radically.

• Minor Factions
      • New Minor Factions more details to come soon
        • Snake Sect
        • Plus 2 More not yet announced, so stay tuned for details.

• Returning Minor Factions
        • Barclay
        • Mettenheim
        • Vecavvia
        • Jatu Nomads
        • Heretics
        • Noldor

• Minor Factions will have more of a presence in PoP 4.0.

• Starting with the recently announced “Mettenheim Outpost Preview” expect more minor factions of PoP 3.0 and those new to PoP 4.0 play a more prominent role than ever before in Amala.

• Major Faction Traits System

• Each Major Faction to have unique special abilities or traits that truly defines what these factions are based upon their Lore.

• Pendor Kingdom
      • Once the heir to the throne of Pendor is discovered after certain conditions are met within the game. The player can then declare for Pendor, thus at this point Pendor Troops, along with a Castle of Pendor, will become available for the player, but also expect more surprises as well besides that!

• New Victory Conditions
      • Each game starts with the player needing to eliminate the Snake Cult's Major Faction, the Snake Dominion, (full destruction by eliminating all of their castles and towns) and it's Minor Faction, the Snake Sect (by repression). As the game is played more surprises will be in store for the player based on what the Snake Cult is up to as a whole, thus victory conditions would be dynamically updated making each game a unique experience for the player.

• Knighthood Orders: New and Returning Ones
      • One of our trademark PoP Features is back, and with a vengeance as the player will discover new Knighthood Orders already established in Amala, plus existing Orders from Pendor who set sail to Amala before the Heir to the throne of Pendor did. Will these Orders help or destroy the Snake Cult?, only time will tell!.
      • Also expect a lot more surprises with Knighthood Orders too, however, we are still finalizing those details so more to come in a future preview down the line.

• New Unique Spawns
      • A new set of Specialty Leaders, outlawed Orders, and ugly spawns to delight, dismay and take Qualis gems from. Including a Sindari spawn that mades the Noldor look like trained militia!

• All New Companions
      • Twenty new companions to befriend and get to know in PoP 4.0. Some of them are even children of the companions from PoP v3.xx

• New Textures and Game Models
      • A PoP version wouldn't be PoP without our own unique spin on Items, Models, etc... The Art Department is hard at work to make sure the new major/minor factions and Knighthood Orders are given that PoP feel by creating unique Horses, Armor, and Weapons for them.

And that's all for now!.. As more previews are announced both here on the TWC PoP Boards and over on our Taleworlds PoP Boards, this list will constantly be updated, so be sure to always check back with this preview in case you want to a refresher of what we have in store for Prophesy of Pendor 4: Legacy.
    Last edited by mp84; June 27, 2011 at 09:19 AM.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: PoP 4.0: Preview #1 - Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Overview

this mod is epic win!
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    this mod is epic win!
    thanks!, hope we won't disappoint ya guys with our next version, glad your liking the potential our next version brings.

regards,

MP

1200? Did I read that right?
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

SD did that calculation but I would not be surprised. It is a pretty sweet system!
    Let's Plays; https://www.youtube.com/MordredViking
    Prophesy of Pendor : Senior Designer
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it"

i love you all so very very much!

should we be looking at sometime next year or within the nearer future?

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by centurion1 View Post
    i love you all so very very much!

should we be looking at sometime next year or within the nearer future?
    Can't give kind of estimate yet, for now as the old blizzard saying goes "it will be done when it's done."

touche

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Few questions:

1. I am assumung you are NOT the heir to the Pendor throne and you have to find him?
    2. Once you find ihm, do you gain control of the Pendor faction itself as sorta like a major general, or will the heir be something like the "king"
    3. Will you be able to recruit any minor faction troops as mercenaries?
    4.do you have to declare for Pendor or can you do your own thing?
    5. are the Noldor on this new land as well, or will thye be comign over like the heri to Pendor? Will they be recruitable as troops?
    6. Have you changed anything about Pendor troops? (like making them tougher, adding news ones ect.)
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

1. You are the Heir.
    2. You can be King
    3. Likely as this was previously a feature I suppose.
    4. You can do your own thing though some things only happen after declaring for Pendor.
    5. They come with you I think although there is apparently super Noldor now to make up for them being on your side.
    6. Pendor troops will be generating specifically based off of some options you choose, there will be a large variety of outcomes based on your choices.

1. You are the heir, though your character doesn't know it. Also considering the high number of casualties in the shipwrecks from when the armada arrives in Amala, almost no-one knows who you are either. Part of the central quest is finding those who know your identity and help you restore your name.
    2. You can be the King of Pendor, or a Marshall of one of the others. Not looked into becoming King of the other faction, might be possible though.
    3. Yes, and we are fleshing out the Minors in general so you should have more interactions with them beyond thrashing them on the battlefield.
    4. You can do your own thing, and now because of the faction traits, you may want to due to the bonuses you recieve if you remain with them.
    5. The Noldor come across from Amala, but they will not recognise you are first, you must first prove your lineage, then they may help you.
    6. What Kamos said We are still working on exactly how this works, but it should give you rather more customisation than before.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

bahh Mordred beat me do it, I'll just leave it as what he said.. lol

MP

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Thanks guys, that clears up the questions i had. This will indeed be a very nice mod.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

this should'nt be a mod but a game considering how much you have changed WB.

also, what is this talk about knight orders in POP3?
    were do you find them and how do you join them?

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Zemdu View Post
    also, what is this talk about knight orders in POP3?
    were do you find them and how do you join them?
    Knighthood Orders are one of our most unique features in PoP and in a M&B Warband Mod for that matter.. Basically, their elite troops that the player can establish which really help you out in the mid to end game considering you'll be dealing with a lot of high level party based troops.

To learn all about Knighthood Orders just read our WB FAQ (stickied above) and check the information of Knighthood Orders, it'll give you all the info you need to know about them.

We naturally plan to expand upon this for POP 4.0, however, can't reveal what those plans are just yet

regards,

MP

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

this is going to be epic!

is there a beta version u can download?

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Zemdu View Post
    is there a beta version u can download?
    Kind of weird you asked the same question again Zemdu..

I already answered it in the other thread you posted the question

regards,

MP

Quote Originally Posted by dowdpride View Post
    this is going to be epic!
    As epic as that sig I hope!

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus