Thread: Winners of BAARC I.

Default Winners of BAARC I.

The winners of BAARC I.

present

"History rewritten"

Total War has almost remade history in England, but the outnumbered forces of the Parliament could not pull off the victory against the Royalists. The first ever BAARC gold medal was earned by The Judgement and Demise of Oliver Cromwell. In a truly historic process with an extremely strong competition,
    Maximinus Thrax could claim another victory after winning MAARC XXVII. Even King Charles I would be proud of this achievement, especially that now Cromwell is "nothing but a distant memory..." The monarchy is saved!

The epic battle for the other medals...
    After two rounds of polls, the second and third places were still tied, therefore the staff decision was to award two silver medals on an exceptional basis. Below are the two battles in the order of submission.

Fighting the Franks has never been easy, but the late Classical era was finally rewritten when the legendary Pict(avian) general took the Frank capital and killed their king. The next (or maybe the only) Charlemagne now may come from Britannia if the protagonist can survive the plotting of his own king. The siege of Colonia Agrippina in Cirech's Swan Song has earned Juvenal a well deserved shiny silver. Disclaimer: due to substantial levels of battle noise and special effect sounds, the actual singing may not be heard!

Between the times of Cirech the Pict and Oliver Cromwell, Catholics were the dominant forces in Western Europe. But when the French Catholics decided to go on a crusade to please the Lord, a French general - also known as A Good Heretic...
    - changed the target and set out to eliminate the "swine Alexander" instead. Find out how the epic battle written by la coupe est pleine with a silver pen changed history, and whether Alexander (the apparent enemy of faith) was really a swine.

This exceptional two silvers decision let one piece of BAARC history yet to be made: the first bronze is still out there. The second BAARC is on, and hopefully we'll see many of you there!

For those who would like a second ride on the roller coaster of this thrilling competition, the submission thread is here, the first vote is here, and the second round is here.

Congratulations!

~
    Last edited by Radzeer; June 22, 2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: damn typos and gramma'

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Default Re: Winners of BAARC I.

Congrats to the winners! well-deserved victories!

This first clash in the battle of quills has been epic, taking into consideration the quality of all entries and the unusual number of extra rounds, not to mention the final outcome, which truly speaks volumes. Major congratulations to Juvenal and La coupe est pleine! Thanks to all who took the time to read the submissions and cast their votes and last but not least, many thanks to Radzeer for his efforts
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; June 22, 2011 at 12:35 PM.

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Congratulations to the three winners. +rep It was a great competition, lets hope the next one will be just as good.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Congratulations guys,its been a real pleasure reading your reports. +reps

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

All in all a very successful first round of the BAARC (particularly so for me ).

Let us hope writers carry on submitting nominations. This competition really deserves to become a regular fixture of TWC.

Thank you Radzeer for your hard work, and your determination to make this project succeed.

PS. Thanks for the rep.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

Nice presentation.
    Well done Radzeer for all the energy spent there. It is a great achievement now.

Again, congratulation to Maximinus, Juvenal, and all the other first BAARC competitors. Well done for you dedication making this experiment a good try.

I'm eager to read thousand of those battles.
    Longue vie au BAARC.