Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guaranteed Nanban Trade

Default Guaranteed Nanban Trade

Anyone else get tired of waiting for those smelly gaijin to sail into port so we can get get their goodies? I definitely do, especially when you've gone over 150 turns and not seen hide nor hair (mostly hair) of them. So my idea is pretty simple, a mod that guarantees that you will receive the nanban trade event by no later than year 1570 while preferably still enabling the possibility of it occurring sooner. Can it be done?
    Last edited by Masamune Zenith; June 21, 2011 at 04:45 PM.

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Guaranteed Nanban Trade

That would be a great idea. In my experience, the clans whose expected difficulty is "easy" seem to be offered as soon as they make a trading port while medium and hard are given the choice later. Is that statement consistent with anyone else's experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasa View Post
    That would be a great idea. In my experience, the clans whose expected difficulty is "easy" seem to be offered as soon as they make a trading port while medium and hard are given the choice later. Is that statement consistent with anyone else's experience?
    Well, consider this. My most recent campaign was the Date who are classed as medium start difficulty and despite having several drydocks, I never saw any offering from the nanban trade event. It was only after I conquered a province with a nanban trade quarter that trade actually opened up. This was in the last turn of my campaign before I was titled shogun and won, and the year was something like 1584.
    Last edited by Masamune Zenith; June 21, 2011 at 04:51 PM.

Accidental double post, sorry. :s
    Last edited by Masamune Zenith; June 21, 2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: correction

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

having a trade node is one of the conditions.

Its possible but too much effort to be worth it.

Define "trade node". I had plenty of ports.
    Last edited by Masamune Zenith; June 21, 2011 at 04:54 PM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

One of the yellow anker marked spots at the edge of the map which give you resources and money if you put trade ships on them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    One of the yellow anker marked spots at the edge of the map which give you resources and money if you put trade ships on them.
    Had one of those, too. I was trading metal with the Ainu tribes since the first 10 turns of my campaign, since the Date are figuratively right next door.

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    having a trade node is one of the conditions.

Its possible but too much effort to be worth it.
    Really? As Chosokabe I always get offered to trade right away after completing a trade port; I didn't even have to recruit a trade ship.

Build "trade ports" don't upgrade to military > drydock. If you are one of the western clans shimazu, chosokabe and mori christianity will be offered really early, I think shimazu is within 5 turns. The other clans historically did not come into contact with the Portugese untill much later, trading with the "Ainu" means you're trading with the russians so really a no go for christianity since the Portugese didn't trade with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyze View Post
    Build "trade ports" don't upgrade to military > drydock. If you are one of the western clans shimazu, chosokabe and mori christianity will be offered really early, I think shimazu is within 5 turns. The other clans historically did not come into contact with the Portugese untill much later, trading with the "Ainu" means you're trading with the russians so really a no go for christianity since the Portugese didn't trade with them.
    That's what I figured, it had nothing to do with the European traders. Still, I think a mod that opened any kind of port to nanban traders would be a good idea. Besides, I would have had to have built trade ports in order to make my military ports and drydocks, and yet I still never saw the event. There shouldn't be a reason to downgrade the port just to trade.
    Last edited by Masamune Zenith; June 21, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

This file will remove the dilemma requirement to make a nanban trading port for all clans.

It modifys the scripting.lua file so if you are already using a mod that changes that, just extract theirs and add

--(two dashes) to the line scripting.game_interface:add_restricted_building_level_record("SHO_Port_3_Nanban_Trade_Port") in local function OnNewCampaignStarted(context) so it looks

--scripting.game_interface:add_restricted_building_level_record("SHO_Port_3_Nanban_Trade_Port")

Its historically accurate, the shumazou were trading with europeans eatly in game an date
    Euros never traded with

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Then how come, historically, the Date where the one that built a galleon style ship and sent an embassy all the way to Rome?

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Well, you sure don't require trade nodes to trigger it.

I've NEVER had a trade node and as chosokabe i get them all the time (i always say no! Filthy gaijin)

I think it's an Eastern faction thing to be honest. Had them with Shimazu too and even Hattori after taking an eastern port.

I don't really play the other clans but with those three i've never NOT had the dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    Then how come, historically, the Date where the one that built a galleon style ship and sent an embassy all the way to Rome?
    That was after the time period of shogun 2

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    that was during masamune date's time, near the end of the sengoku jidai and after he developed sendai to be the greatest export/import city of eastern honshu.

just to clarify ^^

oh and, as tokugawa i got offered trade by nanban within 10 turns. Pretty sure having trade nodes plays a big difference. other times when i did not hold trade nodes it took noteably much longer time.

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Kyze View Post
    Actually the Ainu are the descendants of the Jomon-ji people who are the original inhabitants of the the Japanese islands. The Jomon-ji were kicked out of lower Japan by the Yayoi people who are the ancestors of the Yamato people (the modern Japanese).
    For trade with Europeans, I think there should be an option if you refuse the Portuguese initial attempt of establishing trade which requires you to convert to Chrisitanity, eventually the Dutch will come along and you can establish trade without requiring to convert.

baselhun's Avatar Civis

I downloaded guarenteed nanban trade mod.It used to work fine, but after i dowloaded sengoku jidai artillery mod.Nanban mod don't work anymore.I deleted it, but still don't works.Can you guys help me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast