Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Ships for the Campaign

Default Battle Ships for the Campaign

Please make battleships recruitable for the campaign so I can try an mpc with the mod. Without it , it just won't be as fun.

Default Re: Battle Ships for the Campaign

Here's a fast patch for the naval issue. Please consider I've never tried to mod SP campaign but I guess it was a missing table. Overwrite the old file in data with the one provided in the link below. Report if it works please.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=08OFR1OF

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_Desaix View Post
    Here's a fast patch for the naval issue. Please consider I've never tried to mod SP campaign but I guess it was a missing table. Overwrite the old file in data with the one provided in the link below. Report if it works please.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=08OFR1OF

work an dont work , now we can recruit and repair ships , but the movement dont have limits , spain russia one turn.

thanks LEGIO_Desaix

Quote Originally Posted by sertorio67 View Post
    work an dont work , now we can recruit and repair ships , but the movement dont have limits , spain russia one turn.

thanks LEGIO_Desaix
    Have you got some numbers to suggest?
    Or maybe a good mod on naval balance to get some starting base?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_Desaix View Post
    Have you got some numbers to suggest?
    Or maybe a good mod on naval balance to get some starting base?

i suggest you the same movement per turn than the ntw vanilla without naval mods.

It seems we are not going to talk.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; June 28, 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

I found this masterpiece: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=360966 I found it works fine along with NTW3 campaign. it ads lots of new historical ships to most seafare nations, change hull colors, new stats and more. Ask permission to use it in next release! looks great!!

Nice crom,il make sure that gets back the lordz
    Have you visited teamspeak yet old bean?

Good idea old bean
    I wil join the chat soon

Unfortunately a small drawback The name of the ships don't show and i think it has something to do with the localisation.loc file which need to be parsed, but i am no expert in those thing, so if someone please can give a hint? i can try to make it work.

Not that easy. You have to know which lines have been changed and add them to our localization file using PFM, extractin both files and copy back the relevant lines. If we can get the permission of such a naval module I can work that for next release, but the whole SP approach must be considered if we want to give a proper balanced campaign.

Since I get more fun and excitement fighting an historical battle in MP there's little chance I can work on SP, others must do that. We're always looking for a dedicated modder to work on the SP side.

That mod is realy worth in my opinion, it ads tons of historical ships and authentic textures for every nation, would not look bad in MP either, but finding those lines in the naval supremacy mod is giving me a headache 'cause it makes use of the unit_pack_compatibility_project localization.loc file that overwrites the NTW3 unit names if i leave it in the data folder and those ship names are hard to find :noes:
    Thanks indeed for the hint LEGIO_Desaix and NTW3!

Piros's Avatar Libertus

a good mod naval http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=360966, problem is the compatibility of names ( The majority of the "names" of the infantry will be in white)

mmh?
    Last edited by Cromagnon2; June 23, 2011 at 03:46 PM.

Desaix, the download for sp ships works fine for the major powers. They have the normal move rates it is the minors that can move anyware in a turn.

For me it was all ships for everyone that had very high move rates. The problem lays in NTW3_cl_common_v1.pack in the db files for movement rates of ships. They are all set at 700 or 800 which is about 10 times vanilla. its really easy to change though.

Quote Originally Posted by colemuller View Post
    For me it was all ships for everyone that had very high move rates. The problem lays in NTW3_cl_common_v1.pack in the db files for movement rates of ships. They are all set at 700 or 800 which is about 10 times vanilla. its really easy to change though.
    How does one go about changing it?
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Declaration of Arbroath, 1320AD

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Hi,

I did the change in NTW3_common_v1.pack... i divide all by 10 and it look s like vanilla. You can download it here :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H147YU74

Enjoy.

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by angus young View Post
    Hi,

I did the change in NTW3_common_v1.pack... i divide all by 10 and it look s like vanilla. You can download it here :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6GSXN2PK

Enjoy.
    Does this affect ship building? Cause I installed the hotfix from this thread. Are they compatible?
    Last edited by Sir Nicholas Altman; July 08, 2011 at 09:24 AM.

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Its like this. First turn ships move like before. Still buged. From second turn they go vanilla except the merchetmen. The still go all over the map. I guess you didn't fix them.

Ship building hotfix is ok. You can build.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast