Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spears before charge

Gertrudius's Avatar Hans Olo

Default Re: Spears before charge

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiserix View Post
    I have never had a CTD with Pelagrir Marines and I have played TATW since v2.x
    I've never heard anything about it causing a CTD before, but the bug I think most of us are referring to is where in some circumstance that specific unit will become completely immobilized and just get slaughtered. I've heard that other mods have trouble with this as well, and while I can't wait to have javelins enabled for heavy infantry because of the realism and challenge it will add to the battles, I'd prefer they keep it as is until a solution is found to avoid crippling bugs for the factions that depend on javelin wielding heavy infantry. I guess my question to you was whether the TATW team actually had come up with a bug fix, as I haven't had the opportunity to play Gondor on the latest version (it's on 3.1 right?). Last time I ran into it was in 2.0 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrudius! View Post
    I've never heard anything about it causing a CTD before, but the bug I think most of us are referring to is where in some circumstance that specific unit will become completely immobilized and just get slaughtered. I've heard that other mods have trouble with this as well, and while I can't wait to have javelins enabled for heavy infantry because of the realism and challenge it will add to the battles, I'd prefer they keep it as is until a solution is found to avoid crippling bugs for the factions that depend on javelin wielding heavy infantry. I guess my question to you was whether the TATW team actually had come up with a bug fix, as I haven't had the opportunity to play Gondor on the latest version (it's on 3.1 right?). Last time I ran into it was in 2.0 I think.
    I have no idea mate - worked fine for me in v2.x and works fine in v3.0. The First O'Neill has implemented Legions in Thera as well - it's a little more polished and balanced than TATW IMHO.

I assume that re-enabling the javelins in export_decr_unit (they are commented out) will just cause a monster crash? If I steal the the legion animation file from Thera and assign it in the appropriate file, do you think that might work? I'm happy to play around with it. PI II is super stable, haven't had a CTD yet.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiserix View Post
    I have no idea mate - worked fine for me in v2.x and works fine in v3.0. The First O'Neill has implemented Legions in Thera as well - it's a little more polished and balanced than TATW IMHO.

I assume that re-enabling the javelins in export_decr_unit (they are commented out) will just cause a monster crash? If I steal the the legion animation file from Thera and assign it in the appropriate file, do you think that might work? I'm happy to play around with it. PI II is super stable, haven't had a CTD yet.
    Did you, or anybody, try it?
    I would love to play PI II again, just with historical proper weaponry.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

me too ,well i never use the bugge feature, i stop the line ,throw 2 pila then orderly charge ,works better i think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123