Thread: [Outdated] Mini-Previews and Preview Index

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Mini-Previews and Preview Index

I think we have already said it time ago :/ jummm xD

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Vahir View Post
    A future expansion beyond the wall is confirmed
    Is that so? I just whiped out the Free Folk with Jon Snow as the Night King.. heading south as we speak to put KL to the torch
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

To the toch or frozen?

-------------------------

Followers, a quick question:

Would you like to have skinchanger generals, and have the option to get new animals as far as the campaign goes?

For example, Robb Stark would be a skinchanger, and he would start with his direwolf as pet.

Brandon... Maybe the Mormont girls with their bears...

When wildings come, we would have Varamyr with his 6 "skins", Orell and his eagle and Jon Snow with his direwolf.

But the good point is... You could have the chance, playing as a northren follower of the Old Gods... To have a skinchanger child! (A son of any stark general, a Blackwood, lots of options). And you could manage to get some animals to this new skinchanger.

Obviously, every pet will give him different bonuses and depending on the character, the animals will love him, accept him or hate him. Like in the lore.

The question i do to you is:

Do you want me to add the skinchangers to the game???

Greetings!

blue1924's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Elbadruhel View Post
    To the toch or frozen?

-------------------------

Followers, a quick question:

Would you like to have skinchanger generals, and have the option to get new animals as far as the campaign goes?

For example, Robb Stark would be a skinchanger, and he would start with his direwolf as pet.

Brandon... Maybe the Mormont girls with their bears...

When wildings come, we would have Varamyr with his 6 "skins", Orell and his eagle and Jon Snow with his direwolf.

But the good point is... You could have the chance, playing as a northren follower of the Old Gods... To have a skinchanger child! (A son of any stark general, a Blackwood, lots of options). And you could manage to get some animals to this new skinchanger.

Obviously, every pet will give him different bonuses and depending on the character, the animals will love him, accept him or hate him. Like in the lore.

The question i do to you is:

Do you want me to add the skinchangers to the game???

Greetings!
    That sounds really awesome if you can get it to work properly. Would it just be a random chance basis on whether the animal would like their owner or not, or would it have to do with what kind of traits they had? Overall it does sound like something that would be really fun to play with, but it also sounds like a fair degree of work when you guys have essentials still to do. I would say that unless I am overestimating how much time this would take, this would be something to patch in later, but just my opinion.

It will be based on the Moral Basic Trait (previously called "Loyalty"). A good guy, like jon, will be loved by his animal and could have just 1-2 pets because they are soul-linked.
    A cruel guy, like Varamyr, will subjugated his pets, and force them to serve him, due to this, his pets will hate him and he could have a lot more.

There will be a random chance, so a cruel guy could have comon pets, a normal guy, hated, common or loved pets, and a good guy, common or loved.

Luck makes the different and will create new chances in every game.

This, joint with the 8 different pets (i will try to
    - Wolf/Direwolf
    - Bear/Polar Bear
    - Cat/ShadowCat
    - Crow/Eagle

Will make every skinchanger really different from each other.

In the future i could try to create different ranks of power between skinchangers. But now im not working on it yet.

Im the only one who works in creating all this traits, so, if i work in more of them, the game release wont be delayed, because im not working on other things and no body helps me. The only two works i can create to my team are: test and give ideas for some ancs/script related to my traits.

So, when the release is ready (some partners are working on skins, 2D, texts, building, scripting...) I will finish doing new traits/system/features/flavours... For this release, we will joint all we have done, and we will release it.

So. The only thing i want to know is:

Do you like the idea? Would you like to see it ingame? Is it cool and you will like to play with it?

Well i like animals and i like the magic in game of thrones like the vagina monster so im sold.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

These units are incredible. Is this mod playable yet? I've been keeping busy with Stainless Steel, Europa Barbarorum II, De Bello Mundi, and Third Age Total War, but this looks phenomenal. Is it still Beta? Are there fleshed out campaigns and trait systems yet?

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

They're still making it. Plenty of good sub-mods out there (King of Rivers and Hills, Age of Petty Kings), but 1.0 will be in development for some time still.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    They're still making it. Plenty of good sub-mods out there (King of Rivers and Hills, Age of Petty Kings), but 1.0 will be in development for some time still.
    Thanks! The units in the preview look SO DIFFERENT than the units I just looked at in the mod (after downloading it and starting a few custom battles). Which sub-mods do the units in the first posts of this thread belong to? The same sub-mods you mentioned? Because those units look seriously awesome, let alone the custom battle map architecture.

We havent released the 1.0 yet. So there are not campaigns or Trait System availabe yet. But when released, there will be just 1 campaign, not several.

But, with the trait system, our scripts, and your decisions, every campaign could be really different than each other.

We are working on the release and trying to have everything finished to join everything and give it to you as soon as posible.

Summer is coming.

Aye summer is coming. Keep up the Good work guys

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

@Roma_Victrix,

All units in this thread are from the hitherto unreleased WTW 1.0 version, you can't find them in any submods I'm afraid.

Thanks for the compliments on our work tho

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    @Roma_Victrix,

All units in this thread are from the hitherto unreleased WTW 1.0 version, you can't find them in any submods I'm afraid.

Thanks for the compliments on our work tho
    I don't think complimenting you is strong enough. I think you need the Swift code and full information plus passwords for my two online bank accounts. I think you need to clean me out and take all my money. BECAUSE YOU ING DESERVE IT ALL. EVERY LAST PENNY (or in this case pence, since I'm currently living in the UK). TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE ALL OF IT, PLEASE! I only beg and grovel that you release this mod sooner than possible. NOW WOULD BE BETTER.

In the immortal words of Tywin Lannister:

Quote Originally Posted by Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock
    I need the Westeros Total War Team to become the modders they were always meant to be. Not next year, not tomorrow... now. Release the mod now.
    Did you hear that? Do you need to clean out your ear wax? Lord Tywin has issued you a direct command! You shall not release your mod in the future, not even tomorrow. YOU SHALL RELEASE IT NOW OR...how does the phrase go? Valar Morghulis. All men must die, but especially those who are making me wait a minute longer to enjoy this work of art. It's not even a game, it's a work of art. Hell, you know what? Screw it. I'm going to say it. This mod will easily compete with vagina on the same pedestal of importance.

The problem is, that Tywin Lannister is not our king. So his commands dont bother us. The mod is comming... It will be released when its done.

The process is a wheel, when it ends turning, the mod will be released, but if you force it to stop earlier, you will just break the wheel.

I think it will take not too much time before releasing it, i cant give you a date, just calm down. If you want to see it out earlier, instead of asking and asking you could give us some support, there is a public topic to share info about different book characters, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbadruhel View Post
    The problem is, that Tywin Lannister is not our king. So his commands dont bother us. The mod is comming... It will be released when its done.

The process is a wheel, when it ends turning, the mod will be released, but if you force it to stop earlier, you will just break the wheel.
    Shades of Daenerys there; nicely done.

I think it will take not too much time before releasing it, i cant give you a date, just calm down. If you want to see it out earlier, instead of asking and asking you could give us some support, there is a public topic to share info about different book characters, for example.
    Perhaps you didn't hear me clearly: I WANT YOU TO TAKE ALL MY MONEY. If I knew anything about skinning units or battle map structures, I would sign a waver handing over all of my personal liberties so that I would be forced into indentured servitude to complete this mod at a faster pace. Sadly I am no modder. I'm afraid I'm not of much help with arcane knowledge about lesser known characters in the books, either. For the love of the Seven, is there anything else, any task no matter how small, that I could do?!

The problem with your money is, that if we accept it, the mod is cancelled. So... Keep your dirty money, we dont want it xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    EVERY LAST PENNY (or in this case pence, since I'm currently living in the UK).
    It's penny here too Penny (singular), pence or pennies (plural), but pence generally refers to the coin in question (10 pence piece). We like our old-fashioned language this side of the pond

Edit: released (totally off topic) maybe it's the Americans who are old fashioned what with "soccer" and "pants" and their refusal to adopt the metric system
    Last edited by Murfmurf; June 26, 2015 at 06:34 AM.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    ...how does the phrase go? Valar Morghulis. All men must die
    Yes... all men must die... but we are not men, only silly little girls who's spoiling everything
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    It's penny here too Penny (singular), pence or pennies (plural), but pence generally refers to the coin in question (10 pence piece). We like our old-fashioned language this side of the pond

Edit: released (totally off topic) maybe it's the Americans who are old fashioned what with "soccer" and "pants" and their refusal to adopt the metric system
    Lets say, both british and americans are old fashioned. Yes, americans refuse to adopt metric system but i tought british too.

But british have their own "things" too xD. They drive on the left, so also, they take the roundabouts on the opposite direction. The rooms (for rent) are measured in square feet, instead of meters. And their price is not set in days or months, but in weeks. The locks work in the wrong direction. And to ask for something in the market you want to know "How many pounds is a pound?" xD... One? XD. They use plugs differents to the ones in the rest of Europe, why? And never set plugs in the bathrooms, why, u have too much suicides? They use two faucets in the bathroom, one for hot water, and other for cold one. And the bicycle brakes are changed, the rear´s one in the left and the forward one in the right.

Why!? Tell me Murf! xD. Why? Do you want to feel "special"? Different from the rest of europe? XD

Or simply increase the chances to kill foreigners in accidents? jajaja

Why? Because of the Empire! Duhhhh! Everybody do what we say, wait, you won't? Damn it.

PS it's a tap, not a faucet