Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: [Outdated] Mini-Previews and Preview Index

Default Re: Weekly Mini-Previews!

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    all high lords in the books are wearing plate, so thats a given. we only know that roose had a dark armour
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood .....
    . we know of ramsays (to the left) more elaborate one, also discribed as dark (and looking like a flayed man), i just put some likely pieces together.
    There is a more elaborate description of Roose Boltons Armor early in Dance. I think it's hardly a spoiler, so i can share it with you:

("Spoiler" Book 5, just armor description, nothing else)
    (...)armored in dark grey plate over a quilted tunic of blood-red leather. His rondels were wrought in the shape of human heads, with open mouths that shrieked in agony. From his shoulders streamed a pink woolen cloak embroidered with droplets of blood. Long streamers of red silk fluttered from the top of his closed helm.

Of course it might be some work to do the whole thing from scratch again, but maybe you can just edit whats there? Make of it what you like

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|>Deus ex Machinegun<|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

not so much work, thanks for sharing.

Very nice fulgrim; I often scour the books for some armor description but i didn`t find that Bolton one. I wager Hannibal will rise up to the occasion.

You'll have a hard time finding that one for at least 2 more days

Imba Facepalm. I did somehow miss the dance part. I blame all the booze flowing through my veins.

LOL Lordy. Thanks very much for sharing that with us Fulgrim. Now if we had a permanent researcher, they could scribe that and store if for reference. Having a researcher would be really helpful.
    Shields and swords will win you wars -
    But in the end, the battle's for our hearts are fought by bards

In fact i signed up as an researcher. But ya know, at the moment there isn`t much to research. That dastardly fulgrim with his time travel powers. Cheater!

Oh, lots and lots of "research" waiting for you
    Too bad covering Essos is so much work, there's a ton of Lore in Dance. Can't wait to discuss the book with you folks
    Last edited by Fulgrim88; July 10, 2011 at 09:10 AM.

I know i shouldn`t ask it.. But anyway. Is Dance just as good as the first three books?

Oh, really? So you're actually a/the researcher? Do you have a research archive I could look at? I'm looking for as much info as I can get on the weapons, armour, costumes and equipment of the soldiers of every Major House (well as much as has been written about).
    Shields and swords will win you wars -
    But in the end, the battle's for our hearts are fought by bards

I can certainly try to get some infos for you, guess i`ll have to do my research from scratch, though, because somehow i became a skinner along the way and a few other researchers showed up. I don`t have much time at the moment, but when i find some interesting information while rereading the books i`ll write them down for you. Still, a dedicated researcher would be a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    I know i shouldn`t ask it.. But anyway. Is Dance just as good as the first three books?
    Hm, I'd say so. Trying to make a little spoiler-free review;

Feast was considered "bad" because it featured too much of certain characters (Cersei, Jaime, Brienne), and too little of everything else, chiefly major plot events and the other characters. This is due to Martins debatable decision to split one story in two.
    However, Dance does a lot in terms of tying loose ends (the first half of the book being parallel to the events of Feast ), and features a lot of new Lore (Essos, chiefly), surprising twists and turns and nasty cliffhanger endings for most every chapter, that keep you guessing and stir lots of emotions (good or bad) should you later discover that you were right

Still loving and hating characters in turn, but that's something i consider good about this series. People are still fallible and oftimes stupid, just like the real ones

Magic & the unnatural grows more common, but that's part of the plot, i think. Melisandre said as much.

So in a way, Dance is what Feast was not. For the most part, that's a good thing. (As in returning to a great variety of characters, instead of featuring just a few) Only sometimes it feels as if there's too much happening, but that might be just me. Dance has to cover up all the action the very subtle & slow Feast was missing, which sometimes feels a little deliberate, but is overally forgiveable.
    (Come to think of it, this impression might just be rooted in the weird timescale, some chapters taking up months of the time of Feast, but feeling like they "just happened" in Dance, if you get my meaning)

Anyway, long story short, i'm devouring this book (I'm 3/4 through)
    Last edited by Fulgrim88; July 10, 2011 at 09:55 AM.

Exactly what i expected, oh very nice.

Cazac's Avatar Tiro

Nothing preview wise for this week mates? People are getting restless

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

impatient little buggers.........

Yes, yes, I keep on refreshing the first page with increasing madness in my left eye. The right is starting to tickle as well.

I can promise that you won`t be disappointed by the next preview. Likely you`ll also get a taste of something we haven`t shown before..

You do know what will everybody expect when you say that, dont you?

It`s my job to raise expectations and to shatter them shortly after.

So its not the Starks, is it?