Thread: Archers not firing arrows

Default Archers not firing arrows

for some reason my archers do not fire arrows. they only allow me to use melee combat with them and i cannot uncheck the fre at will button or take of melee combat mode. this is the same for custom battles or campaign. it only happens with the most basic archer type, any other archer fires except fot he cheapest one.

Default Re: Archers not firing arrows

its the ashigaru archers. does any1 else have his problem??? im using the monk clan i forget there name

Screenshot would be handy

When the enemy is at maximum range only the front bowmen can fire at them. As they come closer more will target at them. Also sometimes the archers do not fire because they calculate obstacles and friendly fire. All this is the result of the more realistic trajectory system of DarthMod.

that's pretty cool

♫♥ ƬƦƛƝƇЄ ƑƠƦЄƔЄƦ ♥♫

Make sure melee mode is not enabled by accident. Its the F key I think.

it doesnt even give me the option to fire at the enemy. for instance. if i select my archer unit who have full ammunation at start of the battle. and i then scroll over a enemy unit it will only show the sword icon instead of the bow icon, i can not select fire at will and the melee button is just greyed out. they will only attack with there hand to hand and i cant work out why. its not the f key casuing problems because in custom battles all other archer units fire fine except for ashigaru archers. even in campign its the same for the ashigaru.

they used to work fine but for some reason in the last 3 days they just dont fire. i wonder if its a bug in game.

this is a screenshot of a custom battle, i have selected the very last ashigaru archer unit and have scrolled over an enemy unit( the icon is a sword not a bow but for some reason taking a screenshot on shogun hides the cursor so its not showing) anyway. as you can see the fire at will button is selected but i cannot deselct or reselect it, it just always stays as it is

also the melee button is greyed out and no matter how many times is press it it just stays greyed out with no option to select or de select.

the archer units will not fire any arrows even if the enemy comes within range all they do is stand there unitil i make them charge and fight hand to hand.

haha!! i pinpointed the problem, it only happens when the ashigaru boost mod is on, it must cause a conflict somewhere and doesnt enable my archers to fire.

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Happens to me sometimes, but not always, it's random