Thread: Making game harder

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Default Making game harder

Playing one of my capmaign as Ostermark I have reached to income level that allows me to buy and build everything I want and I'm first in all categories in 40 turn. So maybe could someone show me how to lower income from resources placed on maps? Maybe I shouldon't use merchants the same as I don't use assasins. Also I can give up warp stones and brynduraz...but back to my question: How to change the value of income from each resource? I reccomend to change it to COW team and sub mods teams to make game much challenging. Thanks.

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Making game harder

I think that is the wrong way of making the campaign more difficult. Too artificial.

Real warhammer should make the campaign far more difficult since it includes ReallyBadAI, Real combat EDU, my chaos units and I assume my updated campaign script which includes those units and spawns more varied and sometimes very difficult armies. Extra money will be needed when one army can no longer take on multiple enemy stacks or several battles before needing replacements. That's the feeling I get from my playtesting, although I don't yet have the real combat EDU, I use Littledwarfs at the moment.

Even something as simple as changing all the scripted orc armies generals from 1 experience to something higher makes a significant difference, which I have done so in my campaign script. If the general doesn't run if you simply give him the finger, his troops are less likely to run. Harder battle, more casualties, more money needed.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Maybe it's some option but random often spawning armies are also ridiculous and artificial. It's like cheating from AI side. You have no foray?I agree for making enemy unit stronger or less vulnerable to morale loss etc.

I believe that reducing meaning of resources will be good. Look at STW2 You don't have silly merchants and resources on map.

However I hope that ReallyBadAI improve the situation.

I think reiksfart didn't say spawning more armies, but more varied armies, that are more difficult to beat.
    I recently finished a campaign with Ostland and besides the rough start it was ok.
    For me one important minor thing are the missing units with siege equipment. The AI is not good at using siege weapons like cannons - and firing with ballista against walls is just silly (like the Dark Elves) - and boring.
    Also I have the feeling that Ostermark in particular has a very easy time compared to 1.3 - Sylvania is soon gone and other wise no real threat for a long time. As soon as you have Mordheim you have one of the richest cities.
    So I don't think changing the recourses would make the game better. Playing other factions, this resources are sometimes the only thing saving you from bankrupcy.