Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Seven Year's war mod (sponge)

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Seven Year's war mod (sponge)

Thanks

Sorry to have been so long to do it, but I'm a bit overbooked with models and others stuffs

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Did the austrians and hungarians use this oak leaf branch?
    It looks very nice btw.

Patrician Artifex

Oak leaf branch were used by Imperial troops, ie German States and Austrian.
    I've also see pictures with Hungarian troops wearing this item.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    Oak leaf branch were used by Imperial troops, ie German States and Austrian.
    I've also see pictures with Hungarian troops wearing this item.
    Great attention to detail. +Rep

Patrician Artifex

W.I.P : Hungarian fusilier

Hungarian fusilier, lod1 model.
    Lod3 and lod4 aren't done yet.

Very nice Wangrin! Will oak leaves be added to Hanoverian troops as well?

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Sbygneus View Post
    Very nice Wangrin! Will oak leaves be added to Hanoverian troops as well?
    That's the plan

Also a new version will be released after this weekend. It will contain:

New units for Denmark (grenadiers, line, dragoons and cuirassiers
    New units for Poland Lithuania (curassiers and guard musketters
    New textures for Saxony
    More french units from NPI
    Some new unit icons
    And some other nice features

Manny more vanilla units have also been disabled in grand campaign.
    Last edited by ACMilan88; September 08, 2011 at 07:15 AM.

New model in the works. Lod 1 is now finnished.Manny thanks to wangrin and he's great hat model and for heping me learn how to model, the guy deserves some +rep

Patrician Artifex

Thanks

I've uploaded the small tutorial about merging unit here : Downloads > Empire: Total War > Miscellaneous > [TUTO] W.I.P Merging models
    It's a .swf file that people can open with their internet navigator (and flashplayer plugin).

I've also export it to pdf and post it here : Merging parts of models in MilkShape 3D
    Last edited by wangrin; September 11, 2011 at 02:41 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

ACMilan88, nice work! but you made Polish guard infantry from 1732, not 7 years war.

Polish Guard infantry and grenadiers (Gwardia Piesza Koronna)

There is a souce:

Polish guard infantry, 1732 (Jan Czop)

Line infantry, 1732 (Jan Czop)

There are correctly uniforms from 7 years war:

Line infantry, 1760 (Jan Czop)

There are uniforms after 7 years war:

Lithuanian guard & line infantry, 1776 (Jan Czop)

Polish guard and line infantry, 1776 (Jan Czop)

This preview should be helping:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=464651

Nice mod! I used it with wangrin's units too. Will there be a special music for it? Because during the battle I hear the indian songs and it bothers me.

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    Nice mod! I used it with wangrin's units too. Will there be a special music for it? Because during the battle I hear the indian songs and it bothers me.
    It came from the Warpath extension. I use RTW musics (do not call me nostalgic ) and I found the way so as to replace all the music, the loading screen musics and warpath musics are located in the CA's patches , in your data folder. I will probably make a patch so as to fix it if some people are interested in (do not worry it will be the ETW's ones ).

Antiochus - Nice graphics. I like the 1760 uniforms most. But why did you post 1776 Lithuanian and Polish uniforms? Where they still the same as SYW ones?

W.I.P : Hungarian fusilier

Hungarian fusilier, lod1 model.
    Lod3 and lod4 aren't done yet.

WOW!!!! finally we will see a shoulder-strap haversack for the Austrians Prussians and Hessians!!!
    Good Work!!!!!!
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Kaunitz's Avatar Centenarius

Wow. This hungarian-regiment soldier certainly looks very impressive and promising! And the haversack...

Only some minor remarks:
    1) Will you also give him the small plaits that he deserves?
    2) Would it possible (without undue effort) to shift his tricorn a bit, so that the front corner sits above his left eye? In the famous "Albertina Handschrift"-unifrom plate-series (1762), all soldiers wear their hat this way. I can't tell if it was just a whim of the painter or if it was a common habit. As far as I can say, it doesn't seem to appear in contemporary battle paintings.

Here are some pictures of the Hungarian regiments' uniforms from the Albertina Handschrift. What I found interesting is that - according to this source - the Hungarian regiments' coats had a different cut from the german regiments' coats. The latter had much shorter laps, already pointing towards the short "jacket" that would follow in 1765 (perfectly done by Flikitos!) - and the coats' turn-ups were white for the most part. I assume that the change of dress of the german regiments took place sometime during the war (the paintings I know show all german troops still in the wider coat with colored turn-ups) I added an additional photo showing some german regiments' uniforms.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(from wikipedia) / (my own photo - sorry for the quality)

I also love the oak leafs. Even grenadiers attached them to their furcaps :

In this painting you can also notice how the white of the coat reacts differently to light than the white of the shoulder-straps. In some pictures with "warm light", the coats seem to be almost beige, while the shoulder straps always stay chalk-white or are/turn (?) yellow-brown. You can see some more examples of "beige" white uniforms on some reenactors' photos: http://www.a-n-s.at/html/montur___pulverdampf.html;

More examples for beige and oak leafs:

I'm really looking forward to your skin pack!

Another picture (battle of Hochkirch) in which you can see the Hungarian regiment Erherzog Karl arrive (bottom left)

Last edited by Kaunitz; September 12, 2011 at 02:33 AM.
    KAUNITZ PROJECT
    - a modding project for a better representation of XVIIIth century warfare -

Patrician Artifex

I've been a bit busy with NPI pack, but I will finish the Hungarian infantry this week.
    To shift the tricorn is absolutely not a problem, I will do it.
    I've also planned to add plaits to the model, they are so characteristic.

Kaunitz's Avatar Centenarius

Nah, take your time! I don't want to be pushy! I'm just happy about what I'm seeing here.
    Here are some more gereneral contemporary references of officers' tricorns and some prussian fusilier-caps (and one grenadier mitra in the background), plus a pre-7YW austrian grenadier fur cap (the caption said 1750; they seem comparatively short but bulky, also judging from the painting extract above):

Edit: I've added some more pictures and remarks to my previous post.
    Last edited by Kaunitz; September 12, 2011 at 02:31 AM.
    KAUNITZ PROJECT
    - a modding project for a better representation of XVIIIth century warfare -

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochus View Post
    ACMilan88, nice work! but you made Polish guard infantry from 1732, not 7 years war.

Polish Guard infantry and grenadiers (Gwardia Piesza Koronna)

There is a souce:

Polish guard infantry, 1732 (Jan Czop)

Line infantry, 1732 (Jan Czop)

There are correctly uniforms from 7 years war:

Line infantry, 1760 (Jan Czop)

There are uniforms after 7 years war:

Lithuanian guard & line infantry, 1776 (Jan Czop)

Polish guard and line infantry, 1776 (Jan Czop)

This preview should be helping:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=464651

Hi Kaunitz. Well i tried to find polish sourcess for SYW but didn't find annything. I suspected that the Polish guard unit had similar uniforms in 1750's-1760's as they had from the picture showing the uniform from 1730's.

Is anny of the units from this plates guard infantry?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaunitz View Post
    Wow. This hungarian-regiment soldier certainly looks very impressive and promising! And the haversack...

Only some minor remarks:
    1) Will you also give him the small plaits that he deserves?
    2) Would it possible (without undue effort) to shift his tricorn a bit, so that the front corner sits above his left eye? In the famous "Albertina Handschrift"-unifrom plate-series (1762), all soldiers wear their hat this way. I can't tell if it was just a whim of the painter or if it was a common habit. As far as I can say, it doesn't seem to appear in contemporary battle paintings.

Here are some pictures of the Hungarian regiments' uniforms from the Albertina Handschrift. What I found interesting is that - according to this source - the Hungarian regiments' coats had a different cut from the german regiments' coats. The latter had much shorter laps, already pointing towards the short "jacket" that would follow in 1765 (perfectly done by Flikitos!) - and the coats' turn-ups were white for the most part. I assume that the change of dress of the german regiments took place sometime during the war (the paintings I know show all german troops still in the wider coat with colored turn-ups) I added an additional photo showing some german regiments' uniforms.

(from wikipedia) / (my own photo - sorry for the quality)

I also love the oak leafs. Even grenadiers attached them to their furcaps :

In this painting you can also notice how the white of the coat reacts differently to light than the white of the shoulder-straps. In some pictures with "warm light", the coats seem to be almost beige, while the shoulder straps always stay chalk-white or are/turn (?) yellow-brown. You can see some more examples of "beige" white uniforms on some reenactors' photos: http://www.a-n-s.at/html/montur___pulverdampf.html;

More examples for beige and oak leafs:

I'm really looking forward to your skin pack!

Another picture (battle of Hochkirch) in which you can see the Hungarian regiment Erherzog Karl arrive (bottom left)

I'm not sure about shanging the angle of the tricorn. Might look good or not. Meaby something to try later on. I didn't know the austrian grenadiers had oakleaves aswell so this source is very usefull. I'm not able to progress very fast with new models because i'm still learning how to model.

The photos of prussian mitres are very usefull. I need lots of this images and mitres for other factions.

Thanks for your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    Hi panzerrschreck

Yep iv'e added some music. You will hear this if you play a european land battle. The indian song kinda bothers me to so i might change that. Also try playing a naval battle, some nice sounds there to

I've been a bit busy with NPI pack, but I will finish the Hungarian infantry this week.
    To shift the tricorn is absolutely not a problem, I will do it.
    I've also planned to add plaits to the model, they are so characteristic.
    Yes. Really makes the austrians stand out from the crowd

Patrician Artifex

Work in progress : Hungarian infantry head

I will create 2 or 3 heads for lod1 model.
    I think I will only create lod1 for HU_INF, lod3 and lod4 aren't absolutely necessary and will need too much time, particularly due to heads.

I'm waiting for your comments Kaunitz, yours comments and advices about models are always relevant

Work in progress : Hungarian infantry head

I will create 2 or 3 heads for lod1 model.
    I think I will only create lod1 for HU_INF, lod3 and lod4 aren't absolutely necessary and will need too much time, particularly due to heads.

I'm waiting for your comments Kaunitz, yours comments and advices about models are always relevant
    Looking good wangrin, love the quality of your models. The Knappersack, oakleaves and the braids is right on Are you self-learned?

Version 1.1 released, DL on first post. Full Changelog comming shortly

Some new changes:

Thre dragoon units for Poland-Lithuania (2 line dragoons and 1 guard dragoons)
    Guard musketeers for Poland-Lithuania
    Some tweaking to the french picardie uniform, thanks to wangrin
    Rochow Fussiliers and liebguarde for Saxony, the saxon liebgarde now appears correct
    Danish line infantry, grenadiers and dragoons available in grand campaign, i havent disabled vanilla units for Denmark yet though. Danish cuirasseris will be available in GC later.

Also, i'm quite bussy irl right now so i won't be able to proceed with the mod as fast as i would like. I would gladly accept anny help if someone feels like it. What's needed is mainly skins for new units so each of the factions have a complete roster, this skins will be made out of the existing models in sponge mod. New models are offcourse welcome as well. Whats needed in the model area is discribed detailed in the first post, just DL the sponge_models pack. Here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MSJVDMME

Whats needed regarding textures is following:

Dragoons and cuirassiers for Netherlands
    Units for wurtemberg, Hannover and westphalia (Westphalia should be regarded as the Palatinate)
    Units for spain
    Cuirassiers and dragoons for Saxony
    Coustom officers for all units that have none
    Coustom musicians for all units that have none
    Hussar for sweden, denmark, saxony, poland and netherlands.
    Marines (if needed)

Coustom marines for all factions (sweden, GB, France, Spain, Denmark, Prussia, Austria, Russia, Poland) Some nations had marine units while sweden for instance had line infantry, i think it was norbotten or some other norrlandish unit who where serving as marines. The line infantry with white facings would therefore be suitable as swedish marines. Other marines can be made of the sponge line infantry.

Offcourse all units should have uniforms from the SYW era.

The list goes on, you can pretty much see what needs to be done by playing some battles and cheking the pack with dbeditor and PFM.

Some factions are still able to recruit vanilla units like denmark, these units needs to be disabled in PFM. Some factions like Denmark have completed units like danish cuirassiers, these needs to be available in grand campaign. If your uncertain what to do just send a PM and i'll provide a list.

Other changes would be a coustom startpos that changes the relations between nations to historical. For example, Prussia shouldn't have to destroy Hannover as they where allies and they should be allied with Great Britain. Westphalia should also change name to Palatinate as there where no whestphalia untill Napoleon destroyed the HRE.

Thanks for your support

PS: Swedish officers now havce a silver gorget as they should. See the pic.
    Last edited by ACMilan88; September 13, 2011 at 04:57 AM.