Thread: My 2 cents...

Default My 2 cents...

Hello everyone
    I have read and played this mod and has taken my heart.
    Basicaly i just this time period and + there is this very good mod of the game Mount and Blade: Warband, called Brytenwalda. Its 200 years + from this timeframe but is very similar. (Try it ur gona love it)

When i saw this and looked at the pictures in battlefield impressions, i was inlove with it, specially the very few cavalry units and a lot of infantry + their shield imagies and most importantly, the few units.
    Peasents+normal inf+heavy inf+Kings and Family members Without horses (YES!!!).

I really like this its going and progressing so ima gona throw some suggestions.
    -The building cards are little bit too unpolished, can hardly see them withought right clicking and would love to see the tier for them.
    serf to livestock to ....
    Also more relation between and explain them in the description.
    -Keep the Generals without horses plz!
    -The timber walls are too yellow, i think the original ones are (i think) more color friendly with the environment.
    -Add Garrison scripts for Factions too, too easy to capture settlements cauze they dont defend them properly.
    -Campaign Map needs little bit more of woods.
    More to come as I play =)

Thanks a lot all of you for creating this very good mod.

EDIT: Suggestions
    2nd time im writing this, after i hit edit post it crashed so it has less descriptions i think. lol.
    -Loving the AI. Been Playing as the saxon and the enemy is doing reasanable stuff but it hasnt attaked me yet, thinking putting it on a more agressive mode is not bad. (PLAYING ON VH/VH)

-Playing a battle, lost it, (YAY) but noted that the troops in the
    unit tend to strafe backwards but like they take 40 steps
    backwards. They should not move so much.

-The peasent unit, Hoccsomething, the one that on Huge settings has 250 men, doesnt has an officer or even a petty triballeader.
    Kinda unrealistic cauze there actually recruited from a tribe, but weres the tribeleader? + its kinda hard that the 250 men move at the same time, fight at the same time and at the same time and noone is actually shouting the order except the king 1 mile away fighting 300 guys.

-The kings model is kinda , cmon at least give him a crown =)

-The Campaign Map in south england is kinda missing stuff, forest, more resources and the distance between settlements is kinda long, and plain. add some little mini towns or something.
    Be creative =).
    ((to mapper of this mod)I do not know nothing about mapping so i know your like, this little doesnt know how much time im ing spending in this ). love you =)
    -So far so good.
    Last edited by Jorge Juan; June 19, 2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: adding suggestions

Default Re: My 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Juan View Post
    Hello everyone
    I have read and played this mod and has taken my heart.
    Basicaly i just this time period and + there is this very good mod of the game Mount and Blade: Warband, called Brytenwalda. Its 200 years + from this timeframe but is very similar. (Try it ur gona love it)

When i saw this and looked at the pictures in battlefield impressions, i was inlove with it, specially the very few cavalry units and a lot of infantry + their shield imagies and most importantly, the few units.
    Peasents+normal inf+heavy inf+Kings and Family members Without horses (YES!!!).

I really like this its going and progressing so ima gona throw some suggestions.
    -The building cards are little bit too unpolished, can hardly see them withought right clicking and would love to see the tier for them.
    serf to livestock to ....
    Also more relation between and explain them in the description.
    -Keep the Generals without horses plz!
    -The timber walls are too yellow, i think the original ones are (i think) more color friendly with the environment.
    -Add Garrison scripts for Factions too, too easy to capture settlements cauze they dont defend them properly.
    -Campaign Map needs little bit more of woods.
    More to come as I play =)

Thanks a lot all of you for creating this very good mod.
    Good suggestions Jorge Juan

Will keep em in mind

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Thanks for answering Riothamus.
    BTW anyone else that wants to throw their 1 cent or 2 cents or 1 dollar...
    is very welcomed.

EDIT: Suggestions
    2nd time im writing this, after i hit edit post it crashed so it has less descriptions i think. lol.
    -Loving the AI. Been Playing as the saxon and the enemy is doing reasanable stuff but it hasnt attaked me yet, thinking putting it on a more agressive mode is not bad. (PLAYING ON VH/VH)

-Playing a battle, lost it, (YAY) but noted that the troops in the
    unit tend to strafe backwards but like they take 40 steps
    backwards. They should not move so much.

-The peasent unit, Hoccsomething, the one that on Huge settings has 250 men, doesnt has an officer or even a petty triballeader.
    Kinda unrealistic cauze there actually recruited from a tribe, but weres the tribeleader? + its kinda hard that the 250 men move at the same time, fight at the same time and at the same time and noone is actually shouting the order except the king 1 mile away fighting 300 guys.

-The kings model is kinda , cmon at least give him a crown =)

-The Campaign Map in south england is kinda missing stuff, forest, more resources and the distance between settlements is kinda long, and plain. add some little mini towns or something.
    Be creative =).
    ((to mapper of this mod)I do not know nothing about mapping so i know your like, this little doesnt know how much time im ing spending in this ). love you =)
    -So far so good.
    Just saw this

-Yes some of the AI stance is very MTW2. It seems there might have been some focus or more initiative on diplomatic stuff. Once aggressive it can be relentless.
    Good stuff again. We will be looking at it again to improve for sure

hahaha thx, whenever u want me to shup up just tell me, ill zip my corck =)

hahaha thx, whenever u want me to shup up just tell me, ill zip my corck =)
    Havent read anything that would make me think that
    Its good feedback

Thought same thing. It looks like fresh timber not darkened by weather yet, but I doubt that there were newly build walls in every settlement then.
    Old dark seasoned timber textures on walls would be more reasonable, but with few patches of that yellow fresh timber here and there it will give impression that wall was repaired in few places recently, I think it will be very immersive, dunno if doable, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After reading wikipedia for about ten minutes, I hearby declare myself an expert on medieval history.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrvalg View Post
    Thought same thing. It looks like fresh timber not darkened by weather yet, but I doubt that there were newly build walls in every settlement then.
    Old dark seasoned timber textures on walls would be more reasonable, but with few patches of that yellow fresh timber here and there it will give impression that wall was repaired in few places recently, I think it will be very immersive, dunno if doable, though.

In future modifications I will darken some of the timber. I used the fresh timber look for the forts assuming they were recently constructed. I then carried it thru to the larger fortifications.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Here are some of the things im seeing and suggesting:
    1st Image: see the road? yep retouch.
    2nd Image: woa his crossing over the water rofls
    3rd Image: SOOO many biuldings so many +++++ but no building tree nor no relation. kinda confusing for me.
    4th Image: So many units and no relationship between + i cant relate the name with their funtion or tier cauze that language (je ne parle pas tres vieu anglais)
    5th: See the white banners? Thorgil too announce that issue but in battle map i see them fine in the battle map. hmmm...?
    6th: kinda missing forest? maybe some rebel? something something? so isnt THAT bare.
    7th:If its mercenary then it should be bought not recruited
    8th: yep something out of color ...
    9th: officer yay, but no banner? were should they rally at the moment of danger???
    10th: they look so clean, like a pasarela, weres the dirt the blood the THUNDER!!!.
    11th: It should be less space between ram and wall or is it just magic? (It stoped there.)
    12th: btw the walls suffer same damage as door with each hit, shouldnt the walls be tougher than an openable door?
    Last edited by Jorge Juan; June 24, 2011 at 08:47 AM.

11nd and 12th

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

11th: It should be less space between ram and wall or is it just magic? (It stoped there.)
    12th: btw the walls suffer same damage as door with each hit, shouldnt the walls be tougher than an openable door?
    Those are both from vanilla M2TW. I'm sure they could be fixed though...

yep-
    Just pointing it out cauze this mod has great potential.
    If u anyone else has more suggesion shoot ahead.
    Just wana show the modders theres someone that actually beleives in what their doing =)

yep-
    Just pointing it out cauze this mod has great potential.
    If u anyone else has more suggesion shoot ahead.
    Just wana show the modders theres someone that actually beleives in what their doing =)
    We thank you for the suggestions but on some points I think your way off. Much of what you posted can certainly help but there are several suggestions I need to address.

-The buildings are very related to each other and the building trees are depend heavily upon certain buildings. I'm not sure why this was made a suggestion for its a very strong aspect of the mod. I although can see why it may be confusing for its very complicated but it will take more careful thought on your part before critiquing it and drawing your conclusion.
    -A mercenary, just because a mercenary, doesn't necessarily mean it cant be recruited. Many mercenaries of this time had the possibility to re enlists their services. thus to be retrained in new ways etc.. this is how we also set he role of mercenaries of this particular place and time.
    -Concerning the units I read your post over and over and dont understand your point in regards to them..? Some of their names derive from a weapon type they are known for. Some of their names may have a latin, Celtic, or have an old germanic name. Maybe you should do some research to figure it out? The info description about the should should at least give some idea and if not we can add to this..

It maybe that I'm not clear on some of the above suggestions I have chosen to write about and I'm sure in some ways it can be made better so I'm the first to acknowledge the imperfections. But I feel it necessary to stress the importance of understanding the era of this mod. Much of it ties in with the post Roman military and economic bartering system. Its certainly different from the Roman solidus or the Medieval feudal era.

Anyway many good suggestions and are glad for your interest
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: I

thx for the answer my intentions is purely constructive criticism and i have recaped and next time will write more with respect with u guys.
    Could u show me the biulding tree or a guide of some sort? I know that you guys understand it but im new to the mod and most probably other will have the same dificulties as me.

thx for the answer my intentions is purely constructive criticism and i have recaped and next time will write more with respect with u guys.
    Could u show me the biulding tree or a guide of some sort? I know that you guys understand it but im new to the mod and most probably other will have the same dificulties as me.
    N worries Jorge Juan. I just want to be sure that players are grasping some of the mods concepts. I think some concepts are a bit hidden under the game play, sort of speak. With a building tree, I really want to do something around this. I m hoping for some sort of a window of time to put the time into such a project. I think it would be a neat thing to do. But please continue with your good suggestions. I'm aware they are coming from a genuine concern to what we are doing and for what we can do better

The only tree I'm aware of is from clicking on the city panel. It doesn't give the full view of everything but you can see the individual trees for each building. Its something your probably you already know though..
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 24, 2011 at 03:58 PM.

The mod is great I like the balance between historic correctness and playability; got only one question: Why RB elite infantry units don't have missiles unlike Roman comitanensis? Is this 2 weapons only engine limitation like in RTW or design decision based on reaserch? British Legionares/Pedites Eburac/Milites have spears and swords but Pedites Romani and their Briton equivalent the Campwyr feels bare without good old pilla or plumbata, its strange since lesser troops like M Limitanei/RB Aule still posses this wonderful mean to stop or atleast slow down the momentum of germanic charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Borealis View Post
    The mod is great I like the balance between historic correctness and playability; got only one question: Why RB elite infantry units don't have missiles unlike Roman comitanensis? Is this 2 weapons only engine limitation like in RTW or design decision based on reaserch? British Legionares/Pedites Eburac/Milites have spears and swords but Pedites Romani and their Briton equivalent the Campwyr feels bare without good old pilla or plumbata, its strange since lesser troops like M Limitanei/RB Aule still posses this wonderful mean to stop or atleast slow down the momentum of germanic charge.
    Hi Draco. Glad to see ya this way
    I think what I had hoped to do was put an emphasis on the use Romano archers and cavalry. I didn't want to overpower the Romano infantry. Something we can certainly to take another look at