Thread: error messages

Default error messages

The game gives me error message after making changes to EDCT (making it harder to get command stars).

There seems to be some sort of lock on using edited files on a save game. A new campaign started fine with the few changes I made.

Any ideas?
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Default Re: error messages

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    The game gives me error message after making changes to EDCT (making it harder to get command stars).

There seems to be some sort of lock on using edited files on a save game. A new campaign started fine with the few changes I made.

Any ideas?
    Anytime you modify files, a saved game will most likely be compromised.
    What exactly are you trying to modify A_B?

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

When you modify a file that is very likley to effect your characters in your game or their ancilleries or traits, very often a ctd happens, cause the game engine will be searching the original entries of the game.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Anytime you modify files, a saved game will most likely be compromised.
    What exactly are you trying to modify A_B?
    Mostly I was reducing the Command bonus in EDCT and EDA. I usually replace with a Troopmorale bonus. It think it more reasonable that being a King imparts some morale bonus to ones troops, but doesn't automatically make one a better general. I like to make getting command bonus much more difficult. This is a holdover from Rome Total War, where the command star bonus was overwhelming.

I've never had these changes effect a saved game before, which is why I found it odd. It's as if the game is checking for changed files - like it does for multiplayer.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    Mostly I was reducing the Command bonus in EDCT and EDA. I usually replace with a Troopmorale bonus. It think it more reasonable that being a King imparts some morale bonus to ones troops, but doesn't automatically make one a better general. I like to make getting command bonus much more difficult. This is a holdover from Rome Total War, where the command star bonus was overwhelming.

I've never had these changes effect a saved game before, which is why I found it odd. It's as if the game is checking for changed files - like it does for multiplayer.
    Post your changed files here A_B. Maybe we can apply them

I have downloaded all directories, but when I click on the first one to start install, a pop-up window appears saying that it can't open the file.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxTurbator View Post
    I have downloaded all directories, but when I click on the first one to start install, a pop-up window appears saying that it can't open the file.
    Hi MaxTurbator
    Do you have MTW2 Kingdoms working already? and if so make sure not to have virtual or compatible files and that original MTW2 files have not not extracted