Thread: MSExcel spreadsheet with unit stats from Darth Mod

Default MSExcel spreadsheet with unit stats from Darth Mod

This is a MSexcel spreadsheet where you can find the most important stats of each unit included in DM8.0. I have made 2 spreedsheets with both RTW and BI units, ordered by faction, unit type and cost.
    Into the zip file there is also a "info.txt" file with explanations of what each attribute means.
    Please, tell me if you find any errata.

I thought DM7.5 could not be enhanced... it seems that I was wrong.

Here is DarthMod 8.0 Excel Files
    Last edited by wipeout140; September 03, 2006 at 02:00 PM.

Excellent! Thank you.
    The files are a lot changed in 7.0 so when I upload them will have to have a new one....Tell me if you can do this.
    Also can you fix a stats spreadsheet that will be exported to give kills for player after every campaign like spqr?

The files are a lot changed in 7.0 so when I upload them will have to have a new one....Tell me if you can do this.
    I made the program while I was learning java programing, it extracts the unit stats from export_descr_unit.txt and it output on a simple txt file with fields separated by commas, then I open it with MSexcel. But the output is a simple txt file, so I can open it with any program (in fact I didn't program anything with excel).
    No problem with version 7.0. When I have the export_descr_unit.txt, I can make the spreadsheet in 5 minutes: to execute my program, to open with Excel, and short the registers.
    So, if anybody wants a similar spreadsheet, he only has to send me the export_descr_unit.txt and I will easily forward him the Excel file.
    (I don't care to share the program if somebody wants it, but it is quite homemade... and it needs Java Virtual Machine in order to work)

Also can you fix a stats spreadsheet that will be exported to give kills for player after every campaign like spqr?
    I used the killsheet playing with SPQR, but you need to introduce the data by hand, and I think that the results are not SPQR dependant. So, I suppose that we can use the same SPQR Killsheet with DM. Here it is a link to download a Killsheet made by makeshift52.

Average British Student

Great Work Bardo

Spreadsheet updated with DarthMod7.0 unit stats.

I have included some extra info:
    -spear bonus versus cavalry
    -mount type for cavalry units (instead of mass)

As soon as I finish my DM6.9 playing as Brutii, I'll start a DM7.0 as Greeks. I want to see those new Roman AI maneuvers...

Average British Student

Thanks again Bardo

Default Re: MSExcel spreadsheet with unit stats from Darth Mod

can anyone here each me how to use this?...

Spreadsheet updated with DarthMod7.5 units (See first post).

Here you can find the most important stats of each unit included in DM7.5. I have made 2 spreedsheets with both RTW and BI units, ordered by faction, unit type and cost.
    Into the zip file there is also a "info.txt" file with explanations of what each attribute means.
    Please, tell me if you find any errata.

Definitely, the Force will be with DarthMod, always...

can you use this program to more quickly edit build times to 0? i love everything about the darth mod, but in SPQR you can assemble huge armies quickly. this would benefit the ai too, but there would have to be huge population bonuses...

No program needed, you can easily change it with any text editor. I have pm you the export_descr_unit.txt with recruitment times 1 changed to 0.
    If you also want to change recruitment time 2 to 0, use a text editor to remplace:
    "stat_cost 2" by "stat_cost 0"

I usually play DM with 0 recruitment times for AI and standard times for me (this allows a incredible challenging game). To do this you must change the "stat_cost" for the faction you will select.

As 7.5 is out dated i removed it
    Last edited by Bardo; September 08, 2006 at 08:57 PM.

Why should I not like it? Does it have changes only to building times?
    I should try it then also.

Yes, it change only recruitment times, all other stats remain the same.
    Note to all who download it: keep a copy of the original files. With these new files, you will lose Multiplayer compatibility.

hey darth, i recently came upon a thread from about a year ago where the people were discussing the SPQR mod and the unit mass effects. one person was very adamant about your unit mass changes (i believe it was in Darthmod 5.1 or 5.0) anyway, the person went on describing these mass changes, and how when units (especially infantry) charged, they would have that penetration factor like cavalry charges. he described how the units would go past the first line like they usually do fight directly with soldiers in the second and third lines. i have Darthmod 7.5, so i figured these changes had become standard, so i went to custom battle and did 1 hastati, 1 princepes,and 1 triarii vs an identical army. i put the units in the loose form( the button says normal) and i began the fght. i immeaditely charged the enemy, but i didnt get the effect, the frontline units just stood there like rocks, as the guy described vanilla. i told them to pull back, and then did another charge, but the same thing happenned. then i did roman infantry vs gaul infantry, same effect. basicially, im wondering if theres some sort of file i can download that will revert the unit masses back to the previous version so i can achieve these results, because they seem very realistic and fun to watch. on a side note, would it be possible for me to download the mundus magna map into darthmod 7.5? i really prefer that map to the vanilla map. Darthmod is a FANTASTICmod. keep up the good work, i wish you were getting paid for this!

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Yep, jw1089, I too liked that infantry penetrating stuff , looked really fun and realistic too Hope Darth can bring his nice feature back?
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Average British Student

Here is the MSExcel spreadsheet with unit stats from Darth Mod 8.0 which bardo send to me today

Thanks again