Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Previews

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: RS2.2 Previews

Map is maxed. Both in size and regions.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

it cant be maxed in size, sparta total war has a similar map and that one is way bigger. in size that is.

Miles

The proportion is different they can only have so many tiles in the map.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Grouchio View Post
    I wish there was a new map that included more regions in Africa, and also go as far east as the Indus River, so that Greco-Bactria can be included!
    That would be the work of R2TW if its mod-able if not you will have to be satsfied with the present map and EB/ waiting for EB2 to come out

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by josh187 View Post
    it cant be maxed in size, sparta total war has a similar map and that one is way bigger. in size that is.
    RS 2's map uses all the pixels that we can (hardcoded).
    The map you are talking about is probably less detailed (zoomed in).
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

yeah, could be zoomed. i just remember it being a longer march from jerusalem to babylon.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    This settlement is pretty much finished other than some fine details, and is about to get some beta testing.

Nice barbarian settle meant I allways get bored of the normall square settlemeant's cant wait to see the roman or greek one+ rep

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Nice barbarian settle meant I allways get bored of the normall square settlemeant's cant wait to see the roman or greek one+ rep
    That's not going to happen, I'm afraid....just a couple of celtic settlement plans. I've always wanted to see proper hillforts in this game.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Nice!
    When is it going to be released?

Worm's Avatar Bravo

Great work guys
    When is it going to be released?
    1 month after Hegemonia City States

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    Great work guys
    1 month after Hegemonia City States
    so...never (close to).

Worm's Avatar Bravo

The official release dates for RS II were 1 month after Hegemonia City States and in some cases ''soon'' but it got released anyway

Indefinitely Banned

That's not going to happen, I'm afraid....just a couple of celtic settlement plans. I've always wanted to see proper hillforts in this game.
    Maybe you should realease your work to total war center I'm sure the people will love it

When i first noticed this settlement i remembered one of Simon Scarrow's book that i ve read. Don t know if anyone reads Simon Scarrow book about Cato and Macro but he has one that 's when Vespasianus takes that fortress i can t remember which one of it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    The official release dates for RS II were 1 month after Hegemonia City States and in some cases ''soon'' but it got released anyway
    Just checked their thread, not sure when they are gonna release. Might it be anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Apio Claudio View Post
    When i first noticed this settlement i remembered one of Simon Scarrow's book that i ve read. Don t know if anyone reads Simon Scarrow book about Cato and Macro but he has one that 's when Vespasianus takes that fortress i can t remember which one of it is.
    It's the one this settlement plan is based on. Maiden Castle (the name it has, although I'm not sure of the original name) was attacked by Vespasian's forces during Claudius' invasion of Britain. Lots of us here read Simon Scarrow, and I remember the story well.

Here are some more lighting previews - thanks again to Megas Antiviros for his suggestions (have redone the cloud files to give them transparency, which improves how they look - sun and lens flare now visible and gives more brightness to the sky in the direction of the sun).

When will all this be ready? In a while....that's about an exact an answer as we can give at the moment.

Last edited by tone; July 18, 2011 at 02:56 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

No that's not something we've worked on although I think you're doing that in your mod? How's that coming on and have you found any way of animating the sea?

I've now played a few battles with the nearly finished path finding files and the AI performs pretty well in both attack and defense..there are no significant path finding issues. Next thing is to finish adding the buildings to the settlement and the overlay elements that they sit on, maybe a few bits of collision mapping and then this settlement will be done. It's going to be going to the beta testers soon to get some feedback.

We'll probably go with this sort of settlement up to the city level and then change to a more conventional settlement layout.
    Sorry or late reply, yep we have got animated water now, fully playable, ships kill by ramming and by using the archers on top of ship or ballistas and onager on a revolving table on the ship, it's now illy implemented into campaign as well. Only problem is that it is only possible on the alex engine, although on med 2 we have found out that you would be able to do full boarding manoeuvres and capture ships for yourself and things like that
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Quote Originally Posted by jmilan77 View Post
    Sorry or late reply, yep we have got animated water now, fully playable, ships kill by ramming and by using the archers on top of ship or ballistas and onager on a revolving table on the ship, it's now illy implemented into campaign as well. Only problem is that it is only possible on the alex engine, although on med 2 we have found out that you would be able to do full boarding manoeuvres and capture ships for yourself and things like that
    So you're actually saying that it would be best for me to get my hands on alexandertw before the release of 2.2?

Different mod - Roma Vice

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

I suppose, after we have released in my mod, i shall be working on it to bring it to peoples mods whoever wants it really, bit like what tone did with giving the beutiful enviroment trees and vegetation to the modding comunity, we shall provide this to you all as well if you would be interested
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88