Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Previews

Default Re: RS2.2 Previews

hmmm....I'm not sure that this is correctly adjusted for RS2's climates? There will be a customised version of Megas' changes that will appear with 2.2.

Another two screenshots of work that's happening for 2.2:

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

I forgot to say that: you need to modify some text files: (first make a backup)
    but I cannot upload them without tone's permission, so I ask you, Tone: may I upload a modified version of menu_english.txt?
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

Jean Lannes's Avatar Libertus

Terrific work!!! I am eager to see the pacth done to see the changes!!!
    "Audacia Pro Muro Habetur"
    Lucius Sergius Catilina
    Battle of Pistoia,62 BC

"Mon coeur est à toi, mon sang à l'Empereur, ma vie à l'honneur"
    General Antoine Charles Louis Collinet, Comte de Lasalle
    Letter to his wife,before dying at Wargram (5 July 1809)

Indefinitely Banned

WOW!......

Just a quick question, i see someone posted a link to a submod that included some really terrific ideas, especially making for a harder roman campaign, which would be better on 0-turn, otherwise may be to hard

But one thing that stood out was the use of shield wall formation aswell as using the testudo formation, which is just awesome,
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410495

He seems to have replaced the loose formation for the shieldwall formation, allowing numbered legions to use both, obviously losing the "loose" formation function altogether
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by AgentGB; July 14, 2011 at 05:23 AM.

Jean Lannes's Avatar Libertus

Good Idea!!!

There's somithing like this even in SPQR mod: in fact,Roman "line" infantry (pre and post marian) do not have the loose formation like skirmishers but they can choose between the "basic" formation (the standard one they have in Roma Surrectum) and the shieldwall one.I have found it very useful against Barbarian troops!

I think that if it's possible to insert this type of formation wihout removing at all the loose one it could be better!!!
    "Audacia Pro Muro Habetur"
    Lucius Sergius Catilina
    Battle of Pistoia,62 BC

"Mon coeur est à toi, mon sang à l'Empereur, ma vie à l'honneur"
    General Antoine Charles Louis Collinet, Comte de Lasalle
    Letter to his wife,before dying at Wargram (5 July 1809)

I suspect not possible.

There will be some great new formations appearing in RS2.2 for Romans and other factions which Athenogoras is working on. Prepare to be amazed.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Indefinitely Banned

awesome, cant wait for a preview!

when i was reading into that mod, he did say, he somehow managed to make it so that it was only certain units that could use the shieldwall formation like the numbered legions, at the same time not interfering with skirmishers or other nations formations of using the "loose formation" but i don't anything about modding, but i would have presumed the formation would be global for all units if you change it? Doesn't matter, just thought it may be a nice touch if it was workable

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    You`ve managed to change the trees from the settlements? Iirc dvk was lamenting that it couldn`t be done in an earlier version.

Done - it took a bit of work, but they're all changed now other than one palm which is causing me some CTDs and another tree which is coming up painted funny colours.

Once you understand the process of adding buildings, collision files and so on, it's just like adding new units or new vegetation, but just a bit more complex.

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

Now it's possible.

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

hmmm....I'm not sure that this is correctly adjusted for RS2's climates? There will be a customised version of Megas' changes that will appear with 2.2.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

All i can say.. my friend is that... B-E-Autiful..!!!

Edited (Brusilov): When quoting a post with an image please add a spoiler tag - we've already seen the image once...
    Last edited by Brusilov; July 14, 2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: censor by pass
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

I suspect not possible.

There will be some great new formations appearing in RS2.2 for Romans and other factions which Athenogoras is working on. Prepare to be amazed.
    Sincerely, i can´t imagine others formations with other factions, so im sure that im going to be amazed.

It would be nice to see a prewiew of those formations.

Hi,
    I made new (climate specefic) scorched textures, may I upload them?
    maybe we can include them in RS2.2...
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

superb work! tone!

another addition that could be done is put the new animation for bows and arrows done by lord of the rings TW team!

watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNNNEie1nn4

although it could be complicated!

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by pcp View Post
    superb work! tone!

another addition that could be done is put the new animation for bows and arrows done by lord of the rings TW team!

watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNNNEie1nn4

although it could be complicated!
    It looks cool, definitely worth it.
    Last edited by MatrixStorm; July 15, 2011 at 06:03 AM.

I suspect not possible.

I hope the "checkerboard" formation will still be available for the romans. Really, its THE formation. I also hope that there will be new formations for phalanx based armies.

"By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

So far it's Romans and barbarians....of course checkerboard is included.

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

The second picture on the first page made me feel the morning chill and remember the aromas of mouldering forrest ground like it was yesterday that I last observed a sunrise in the woods.
    That's amazing work.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

Looking great as usual! keep up the great work!

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

I wish there was a new map that included more regions in Africa, and also go as far east as the Indus River, so that Greco-Bactria can be included!