Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Previews

mastaace's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: RS2.2 Previews

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    This settlement is pretty much finished other than some fine details, and is about to get some beta testing.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

actually, a dream came true.

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

this is summer of custom settlements

The feedback so far is that these are a bit of a pig to try and capture (and almost entirely dependent on siege ballistas) but relatively easy to defend.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Indefinitely Banned

Well tbh, most* seige battles i can autoresolves as there never enough troops garrisoned there, but then im playing the campaign on VH which is buggy ive heard? but to far in to start another, tbh ill doubt i may get a chance to attack it up close, unless a small garrison script is introduced forcing me to play out the battle to ensure a win, and then the double edge sword, is that the AL will have trouble taking it back unless they starve me out, but i can see why you would need siege ballistas, as the gates are the only entry without them?

But again very realistic map, the romans would have dug ditches to hamper seige equipment, is the inspiration from the battle of alesia?
    Last edited by AgentGB; July 10, 2011 at 06:39 AM.

The inspiration is from all the hillforts in Britain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill_fort (Maiden Castle is the inspiration for this particular layout)....and yes we will probably add a garrison script.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Indefinitely Banned

Sorry, Ive seen those fort layout before somewhere, thought it was Alesia thou, also not sure, but was it MTW that archers could accidently set light to woodern palisades or can you do that in RTW? Thank you for the info

Tone, that settlement looks amazing! Is that a particular settlement or like a template for barbarian factions?

Are there mulitple entrance points? Because the AI tends to clumb up and battles take forever if they do. It is like a bridge battle where u have to grind your way through, and doesn't require much skill as you cannot outmanouvre the AI in any way. It's looking great btw, and I really hope pathing is good for the AI

Interesting thought about flaming arrows. Will look into it.

You can destroy the palisade walls with artillery and get in that way which helps get round the choke points.

This is the settlement template for one of the barbarian settlement levels.

Indefinitely Banned

ah cool! i mean flaming arrows was just another option? just can't remember if it was RTW and MTW that you could do it, but then having to use artillery will slow the player down a bit from blitzin settlements, making sure you had the right war gear to tackle the job

johnnieangel's Avatar Tiro

looking at these makes we want to restart a Cimbri campaign and giggle and point at roman invaders dying in the ditches and chokepoints...
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill
    English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Hi,
    I did some work on my arrows to make them more realistic and more historical accurate (and I also fixed some bugs), maybe you can update them (there already is an older version used in RSII)
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

Siegfriedfr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I don't think they are supposed to 'keep' spawning. If they are, then there's a problem there.
    You should investigate! As far as i coulkd make out there is no limit to an army spawning in the trait files since the levy traits are given as soon as a city is captured and i couldn't find a counter trait to remove them...

They don't spawn "each turn", but every cycle of traits involved in spawning armies, that's like 3-4 turns, which is ok in 0 turn i guess, but unacceptable in 1 turn.

Is there any news about the MP side of this project? or have u forgotten it exists :p

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    This settlement is pretty much finished other than some fine details, and is about to get some beta testing.

*cringe* That looks hard to capture with just rams.
    Last edited by NightEye; July 12, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

The higher level barbarian settlements are likely to remain the same - with the EB oppidum wall - pretty much like this:

That's really great. Keep up the good work

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

POST1
    The higher level barbarian settlements are likely to remain the same - with the EB oppidum wall - pretty much like this:
    very nice!

POST2
    I did some work on the battlefield lighting (also climate specific)
    I also did some work on the stratmap lighting
    you can find it in the download:
    edit: OOPS, desert lighting is bugged... I will upload a fixed version over a few minutes... I uploaded the fixed version
    edit2: there was (again) a problem with the desert climate,... (again uploaded fixed version)
    Last edited by Megas Antiviros <3 Gaesatae :p; July 13, 2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

here is a screenshot of the new battlemap lighting:
    Sorry for my English...

I just cant wait for RS 2.2, if the 2.1 was a epic win, 2.2 is going to be perfect.

@Megas Antiviros: How do i install that changes, because i have put them in my data folder but for some reasen itīs raining in every custum battle i play(when i try to play calm or hazy).