Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Previews

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: RS2.2 Previews

I hope that the pathfinding will be ok.
    Also, how would the enemy need to besiege such a oppidum/settlement?
    Can they still use ladders and such?

Quote Originally Posted by jmilan77 View Post
    May i ask, what files are you editing to the work for those settlements because from some teams i have spoke to they all edit slightly different files which kinda confuses me, thought they be the same for every. Love the work you have done on those barbarian settlement plans. They look beutifull. I would of liked to do something like that for our mod but as the next version is focused more on the med, the barbarians are less of an priority. But great work none the less. Love to see what you have done with the greek settlements, to see what you have done differently to are's.
    I've worked on the underlay, overlay and pathfinding .cas files, settlement plan, ground texture files and also texture files for the fence.

I'm pretty sure the pathfinding will be OK....the AI has moved sensibly so far.

?greek settlements - you must be kidding - this one settlement alone has taken a few weeks so far.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Yeah I understand,
    Thanks for the quick reply, I meant if you have put as much effort into Greek settlements as you have done for the barbarians, they will look awesome. Were trying at the moment to create the acropolis of Athens but ran into a few minor things which we work through, but we wondering, are you going to make generic settlements for each culture like at the moment or are you going to try to make unique settlements for each city like Athens having an acropolis, Rome with 2 hills, Sparta as a more of an military camp and so on?

Great work by the way
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

Those are really nice ideas and I have to say ones that I'd considered, but I'm the only one doing any modeling, and have full time job and family so to be honest it's unlikely to happen.

My plan is to finish doing the celtic settlements and then leave it there.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

jmilan77's Avatar Decanus

Ah thats ashame, Well your work is amazing, if every mod team had people as creative and gifted as you, the selection of mods would be even more amazing. Hope your barbarian settlements go well then. By the way are you looking into putting sea battles into your mod as well?
    Mod Leader for Roma Vici Total War
    Current release: 0.88

That's incredibly awesome. You gave this game a second life.

Sergeant Matt's Avatar Civis

Ah thats ashame, Well your work is amazing, if every mod team had people as creative and gifted as you, the selection of mods would be even more amazing. Hope your barbarian settlements go well then. By the way are you looking into putting sea battles into your mod as well?
    Completely impossible, cannot be done.

"Veni vidi vici." ~Gaius Julius Caesar

It can probably be done one way or another.
    The problem is the trade-offs are so huge that it'll never be worth it.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

No that's not something we've worked on although I think you're doing that in your mod? How's that coming on and have you found any way of animating the sea?

I've now played a few battles with the nearly finished path finding files and the AI performs pretty well in both attack and defense..there are no significant path finding issues. Next thing is to finish adding the buildings to the settlement and the overlay elements that they sit on, maybe a few bits of collision mapping and then this settlement will be done. It's going to be going to the beta testers soon to get some feedback.

We'll probably go with this sort of settlement up to the city level and then change to a more conventional settlement layout.
    Last edited by tone; July 05, 2011 at 01:01 PM.

well.. as usual, i'm impressed
    arise! arise riders of theoden!

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    This is some work that I've been doing on improving the lighting for RS2 ...

~snip~
    Tone, those shots are simply gorgeous. Great work!

~ Dani ~
    Roma Surrectum II Rome Playtester

Please call me Dani ... Yes, it's true ... I'm a girl ...

I give rep to people for being helpful, considerate, or clever. Ergo, you DO NOT have to rep me in return. Your being clever does not entitle me to rep. See?

LEGIO_Tito Pullo's Avatar Laetus

RSII is the great mod for RTW fo me........i play with Roma at level H/H

Awesome work, tone.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

This settlement is pretty much finished other than some fine details, and is about to get some beta testing.

Last edited by tone; July 09, 2011 at 03:14 AM.

Well.. first....

Great job Tone...!!
    Marcus Claudius Aurelius

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Very nice indeed

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Indefinitely Banned

nice! much more realistic!

So cool!!!!!

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

That this was ever possible in RTW...
    I would've never thought that!