Thread: Making the skirmish maps 4 times as big.

Default Making the skirmish maps 4 times as big.

How hard do you think this would be? I ask since a friend of mine asked me, but I have no clue about mapping.

Default Re: Making the skirmish maps 4 times as big.

People have been trying to do this for a while now ever since ETW and NTW. I do not think anyone has managed it so far.

I noticed that when playing a large custom battle between say 4 or even 8 clans, the battle map is enlarged. It is the same map, but the area you play in is expanded. You can see it in game and on the loading screen that previews the map. I'm hopeful someone might do something with this at some point.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Jace11 View Post
    I noticed that when playing a large custom battle between say 4 or even 8 clans, the battle map is enlarged. It is the same map, but the area you play in is expanded. You can see it in game and on the loading screen that previews the map. I'm hopeful someone might do something with this at some point.
    Yes this is indeed how it works it does this in RTW and M2TW also. It only expands it by a little bit about 1/4
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

I would like to see something done with this too, if theres one thing that annoys me about Shogun 2, its the extremely small battle maps, very cramped.

Edit: I think I might have found something of Use

In the terrain.pack file, goto tiles, select a map, and select a #x# (which I think means the dimensions or something) and goto definition.xml

there are two values:
    base_terrain_width
    and
    base_terrain_height

I think these may have to do with the decided map sizes, since it seems to be bigger on higher #x#'s

I will try messing with these and see what results I get, however I have no idea which levels are which, so it will take a while to see what happens.
    Last edited by Hyzoran; April 14, 2012 at 06:25 PM.