Thread: New Bavarian Units

Icon12 New Bavarian Units

Hi all

This unit pack adds four unique units to the Kingdom of Bavaria. Due to file size I decided to make only four units. They are, however, faithful to the uniform sources and are the most accurate unit pack I've released so far.

Download link -
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21527...D_BAVARIAN.zip

2nd Chevauleger Regiment
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

These superb horsemen are the medium cavalry that ride in support of the infantry. They comprise of adventurers, rich commoners, or lesser nobility that lack the imposing physical attributes of a heavy cavalryman. Although they cannot compare to cuirassiers in battle, with their agile horse and sabre they can perform valuable service against lighter enemies.

Historically, the 2nd Chevauleger Regiment was used as a screen for the main army, or for strategic scouting to locate the enemy. These men are as swift as their horse, and their speed makes them ideal for targeting skirmishers and artillery: enemies have little chance to escape if these men are sent against them. The 2nd Chevauleger Regiment is armed with straight swords, and can acquit themselves well in melee or during a charge, although they do not fare well against disciplined infantry or heavy cavalry.

2nd 'Dietfurth' Infantry Battalion

Recruited from Neumarkt, these patriotic young men are renowned for their loyalty and resilience

Well aware of their neighbouring foe’s skilful use of conscription, it is seen as a necessity that units of highly motivated infantry be available to the Bavarian army when required. The 2nd ‘Dietfurth’ Infantry Battalion have been indoctrinated with a love of the House of Wittelsbach and effectively drilled to fill this role. They enjoy nothing more than sending a man packing with bullets and cold steel.

Historically, the 2nd 'Dietfurth' Infantry Battalion fought alongside French troops at the Battle of Worgl. These men were organised, armed and equipped along French structure, and proved their worth time and again as troops who could be relied on to fight, and fight hard. The 2nd 'Dietfurth' Infantry Battalion kept this reputation, and were in General von Wrede's army at Wagram (6 July 1809), gallantly attacking the village Sussenbrunn, driving out Johann von Klenau's Moravian troops.

Bavarian Guard du Corps

Guard du Corp comprises of the biggest and bravest men of the Bavarian army: an elite force indeed

The Bavarian duke’s obsession with military splendour breeds incredibly disciplined troops, willing and able to follow any order. They are able to load and fire their weapons with an accuracy and speed few can match. Their discipline makes them a deadly foe, and the powerfully built men have an edge over other units in melee. However, these skills make them expensive to recruit, and they are as vulnerable as other men to artillery fire and the sniping of skirmishers.

Guard du Corp are the hardy sentinels that stood guard over the palaces of the duke. Although driven primarily by faith and allegiance, they have exhibited exceptional bravery, cunning and resilience. With their heavy mounts, steel swords and a stubborn spirit, these men are absolutely devastating against the warriors of lesser status throughout Europe

Bavarian Hussars

These superb horsemen can be used as a screen for the main army, or for strategic scouting to locate the enemy. Hussar speed makes them ideal for targeting skirmishers and artillery: enemies have little chance to escape if hussars are sent against them. Hussars are armed with curved sabres, and can acquit themselves well in melee or during a charge, although they do not fare well against disciplined infantry or heavy cavalry.

Historically, hussars of all nations enjoyed the freebooting attitude of the Hungarian originals, and acted independently of the main army as much as they could. This was useful, because they could be sent out to do long patrols or reconnaissance, and possibly a little plundering. Their high-spirited approach to war was matched by their popinjay uniforms, some of the gaudiest ever to have been worn into battle. Hussar arrogance, however, was well deserved: in 1806 some 500 French hussars bluffed a 6,000-strong Prussian garrison at Stettin into surrendering the fortress there.

Recruitement queue

Sample Unit Card

Additional screenshots

Special thanks to Panzerschreck and Quad for the Bavarian helmet mod.
    Last edited by Sacrebleu!; April 08, 2012 at 08:36 PM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: New Bavarian Units

nice +reps

SacreBleu! - Can you upload the amended Loc file please?
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; June 15, 2011 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    nice +reps

SacreBleu! - Can you upload the amended Loc file please?
    Hi ToonTotalWar

Thanks and sorry for the late reply...it's been really busy lately

Here's the amended Loc file requested - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B00JDLZV
    Last edited by Sacrebleu!; August 04, 2011 at 12:08 AM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrebleu! View Post
    Hi ToonTotalWar

Thanks and sorry for the late reply...it's been really busy lately

Here's the amended Loc file requested - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B00JDLZV
    Thanks mate

I'm thinking, what Sacrebleu is doing now ? Any proposal of a new unit pack ? I have idea: Italian States, Sicily & Naples needs some fresh original units ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hohahimaki View Post
    I'm thinking, what Sacrebleu is doing now ? Any proposal of a new unit pack ? I have idea: Italian States, Sicily & Naples needs some fresh original units ...
    Hi Hohahimaki

Real life issues have finally caught up with me and I hardly have the spare time to mod these days.

As much as I like to continue contributing in this wonderful forum of Napoleonic enthusiasts, I fear that it would be some weeks or even months before I can return to my work. Nevertheless I will continue to participate in this forum, and I agree with your idea - Sicily & Naples do need some love and I shall try to create some units when I get the chance.

Nice job! But you should archive a file MOD_BAVARIAN.pack (108 Mb). Why you don't made it?

Archives error. I can not unpack the files

Quote Originally Posted by Loke-Shah View Post
    Archives error. I can not unpack the files
    )) There is no archive - there is MOD_Bavarian.pack, throw it in a folder data. Sacrebleu! joked...

great helmets for the line infantry!

Hi Hohahimaki

Real life issues have finally caught up with me and I hardly have the spare time to mod these days.

As much as I like to continue contributing in this wonderful forum of Napoleonic enthusiasts, I fear that it would be some weeks or even months before I can return to my work. Nevertheless I will continue to participate in this forum, and I agree with your idea - Sicily & Naples do need some love and I shall try to create some units when I get the chance.

You yet haven't changed the mind? It still makes sense to wait? The Papal States? Kingdom Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by Reitar-13 View Post
    You yet haven't changed the mind? It still makes sense to wait? The Papal States? Kingdom Italy?
    I've discovered that there is another team of professionals who can deliver way better units than I, and I have joined them as a graphic designer. The project we are working on is Napoleon: Master and Europe (MoE) and we plan to cover a lot more units for both major and minor factions including Papal states, Kingdom Italy & German states.

Believe me, my real strength is in graphic design, not unit modding - I'm especially poor at .cdd texture as many users would know , so I've decided to put my talents to better use in another field.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...478635&page=52

Believe me, my real strength is in graphic design, not unit modding - I'm especially poor at .cdd texture as many users would know , so I've decided to put my talents to better use in another field.
    Maybe it is truth. But you didn't have competitors )

p.s.: update downloading links
    Last edited by Yaropolk; February 11, 2012 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks for the efforts, but why did you change the helmets? (they don't have peaks anymore). They should look like this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...10#post7400510

does it require a user.script entry to run and does it work in europe campaign?

I have forgotten to add these to DarthMod Napoleon. Will do. Thank you Sacrebleu for your great unit mods.

Sacrebleu, As I said before the helmets don't look realistic without the peaks. Please change that.

how do you install this mod i put in data folder and still no new units in campaign

how do i get this mod working?

If you unpack & put files to data folder, next you must find your user script in the creativeassembly/Napoleon Total War/script and add the line the Bavarian Units... Go to the first side and good luck!