Thread: Roma Surrectum II troubles (it crashes to the desktop)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Trevi's Avatar Laetus

Icon9 Roma Surrectum II troubles (it crashes to the desktop)

I have just registered here to beg your help, hoping that this is the correct section (i apologize if it is not). Preliminary remarks: I misunderstood the installation instructions and, after having installed my vanilla RTW (by default its version is 1.5) with no BI and no Alexander, i installed RSII in the "Rome - Total War" folder (after the appearance of my problem i uninstalled everything and installed it again the same way i previously described).

I decided to read very carefully the instructions at the third time ( ehm... ) so i installed my vanilla RTW, created inside "The Creative Assembly" folder a "RSII" folder and finally i copied the content of the "Rome - Total War" folder into "RSII" and installed the mod in this very last folder.

Could you tell me whether my procedure is correct now or not; and if not what should i change? Ok, having said this, let's face my trouble: I'm playing with Armenia, almost every setting put to "high" and unit dimension to "huge" (even though i fought and won 3 heroic battles yet with 5k-6k soldiers and i never suffered from slow movents, crashes or other issues, everythig was ok so i would avoid technical problems, but i'm not an expert). Now i have reached 554 AUC (if i'm not mistaken 18 turns played) and just fought an huge battle: when i press the "end of the turn button" the "circle of the other factions' turns" starts as usual, but as it comes to Sparta's turn the game immediately closes or crashes, i don't know, directly to the desktop with no error messages or any sort of indication (despite the presence of the "-show_err" command)...i kept my saves and tried to play them after every reinstallation but they always performed this issue...since i made 7 saves i tried to reload the first and keep playing but it crashed after a few turns as well...so did my sixth save...The type of crashing just reminds me the famous "261BC-closing-to-the-desktop" issue that afflicted the vanilla RTW, even though i personally deleted the "SMT_"s in "historic events.txt" after every installation...Finally my operating system is Windows XP SP3, i have a AMD Athlon 64 3800+, Ati Radeon HD 5670 (latest drivers), 2 GB RAM...
    I'm sorry for having been lenghty but i hope that being as precise as possible may halp you...So, any suggestions?

P.S.
    I would like to keep playing my Armenian Campaing since it is wonderful, you developers of RSII gave new life to RTW, along with an incredible historical depth (reading the unit descriptions is a pleasure) and a complex gameplay.
    Last edited by Brusilov; June 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: broke up the 'wall of text'....