Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LAUNCH ERRORS!!!???

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

forgive me spelling mistakes because im from Argentina
    i think that ive installed correctly this great mod, so i can use the launcher. here is the problem: i select country rome, engine RTW, and all the rest as it was at the beggining and press "play". automatically, it appears an error message that says something like 3 errors. 1/3 says : have you already chosen your faction. the 2/3 and the 3/3 cant remember exactly what it says but its something like the error 1/3.
    please tell me detailed how to install it.
    what do i have to do. im so desperate with the game that probably next week im going to give the pc to a guy to try to play the mod and tell me what was wrong, ajjaaj

hope you could help me. thanks

also if anyone who speaks spanish that can play the mod please answer as soon as possible. my RTW version is 1.5, dont have ALEX AND BI. i can run napoleon total war with ultra settings and with no problems, i dont remember exactly how i did installed it but i didnt the steam way. i have roma surrectum 1. in RS1 can u put all the campaign recruitable units in custom battle??if so, tell me.

Please don't double post, and use the edit button instead.
    Paedric
    Last edited by Paedric; April 24, 2011 at 07:07 AM.

Default Re: LAUNCH ERRORS!!!???

What version of RS are you using? Do you have Steam?
    And what exactly are the error messages?

It would seem that you might have installed it wrong. You must not install it over RS1, but over a new install. It might be a good idea to redo the install to make sure you did it right.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

this is how i installed it, NOT STEAM:
    created 2 new folder, 1 for the liks file, and the other "roma surrectum 2" to place the installation. i downloaded the files from strategy informer and file front and put the files in that folder. started the installlation process. when it says where do you want to place the files and all that i selected the folder that ive created in the desktop.
    download finishes and i copy the folder roma surrectum 2 in: C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War. then i run the game from the desktop. select everything ive said in the first message, and the errors says: "Have you chosen your faction?". then ennumerated errors:Error1/3="You don't have Roma Surrectum II installed in the correct folder. (C:\Users\Jake\Documents\Rome Mod)" "Error2/3=Engine: RomeTW-BI.exe, Faction campaign: -mod:" Error3/3=In total: "'RomeTW.exe -mod: -show_err -nm -movie_cam'"
    i have steam but didnt installed with that way. "RS1.6"
    i have installed it by many different ways which i cant remember

this may be important, i have the vanilla in spanish, the RS1.6 is a mix of spanish and english. all the texts are in english and the voices in spanish, very crazy.

also: how can you change your profile picture?
    Last edited by atila9000; April 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM.

No, the language is not important.
    You're not really clear, and I'm sorry, no hablo espaņol, so I'll try to do my best.

From what I've understand, you have installed it over over RS1.6; you must NOT do it.

Uninstall RS, and prepare a copy of RTW patched in 1.5.
    Make a copy of this one, and follow the instructions to install RSII. You must not install RS1.6 before.
    That should probably solve your problem.

Edit : For you profile picture, have a look in my account. On the left, there is an option change my avatar.
    Oh, and welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Paedric; April 24, 2011 at 10:35 AM.
    Patron of ybbon66.

i first tried to play roma surrectum 2, but for this problem, i couldnt. so i installed roma surrectum 1.
    but i cant understand the installation instructions because i dont have some folders in program files, example: the creative assembly, and i dont have program files 86, i just have program files.
    could you please tell me how to install it?

Ok, what you need first is a working copy of RTW patched to 1.3 then 1.5.
    Once you have it, copy the folder of RTW and paste it somewhere. (In C:\ for example) and rename it RSII, or whatever you want.
    That done, now put all the downloaded files in the same folder, and follow the instructions of the installer, point the installer to that new folder called RSII you've just made.
    Once that done, RS should be working; try it out.
    If it works, download and install the 2.1a patch.
    Patron of ybbon66.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

1. Lo tienes ya todo jodido...asi...borra RTW de tu PC y hazte una installacion nueva y limpia...luego parche a version 1.5
    2. Ahora hazte una copia (click derecho del raton copia/pega) de RTW y pegala a otra ubicacion...(hazte un nuevo directorio C:Games por ejemplo) una vez que tienes la copia de RTW alli dentro vas renombrando la carpeta princpal Roma Surrectum 2 en vez de SEGA or Activision por ejemplo...
    entonces la raiz se presentaria asi:
    C/Games/Roma Surrectum II/Rome Total War
    3. Hazte una carpeta en el escritorio y mete todos los archivos de Roma Surrectum II que te has bajado de la red alli ..incluso la exe de RSII...ahora arranca el exe (el instalador)...te preguntara donde instalar, asegura que la raiz esta bien puesta (en este ejemplo es...) C/Games/Roma Surrectum II/Rome Total War ....
    ala...alli vas...una vez terminado te vas a tu RTW archivo y buscas el archivo "launcher"...lo abres y buscas el enlance de Roma Surrectum II...selecionalo, click derecho crear enlance...transporta la copia del enlance al escritorio...doble click...se abre el lanzador...vamos a jugar...
    NO..aun no...primero ves a bajas parche 2.1a aqui:: RS PATCH 2.1a with all fixes+
    no olvides el mismo rollo con el launcher despues de instalar el parche

ahora a jugar

NOTA Roma Surrectum II rompe la installacion de RTW y nunca mas podras instalar o reinstalar alguna otra cosa mod sobre esta copia de RTW en particular, entendido ?
    Last edited by chris10; April 24, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

ok thak you very much, muchas gracias amigo. unfortunately i wont be able to try it until tuesday, because in this computer i dont have RTW installed. so if something goes wrong ill tell you on tuesday. sorry if im very insisting with this, but thank you very much.

happy easter, felices pascuas

sorry if this problem has already been reported.
    hey, i installed correctly fortunately.
    NOW, a new problem arises.
    i run the game and when i press play. an error window appears and says: have you already selected your faction? i press accept and it seems is going to run normally but another error mesagges appears:
    1 message) could not load -"data/animations/engine/ballista/ballista.idle.CAS".
    2 message) script error in data/descr_engine_skeleton.txt, at line 17, column 124.
    animDB:could not load -"data/animations/engine/ballista/ballista.idle.CAS".

i raised up my hands when it was running but i felt sad when this window appeared. lol
    please help , or just give me those lines.

ive seen in that page but havent found what i need. can tell my another way to fix it?

-- double posts merged (Brusilov) - please use the EDIT button for updates, this is the second time we've merged posts for you.....

do i have to uninstall and install it again???
    Last edited by Brusilov; April 26, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atila9000 View Post
    do i have to uninstall and install it again???
    hmmm...los errores indican que faltan modelos...
    if you installed correctly they should be there...maybe your download was corrupted ?
    maybe you should redownload the files ?...
    Part 1
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/37184.html
    Part 2
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/37187.html
    Part 3
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/37192.html
    Part 4
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/37193.html
    Part 5
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/37194.html
    Part 6
    http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/r...mod/37196.html

Its a pity that some people have massive problems...for me it worked the first time...downloaded...installed...played...

si, te juro que odio que me pase esto. TODOS los juegos que instalo SIEMPRE pasa un problema entonces me pongo muy nervioso. antes pensaba que no lo hiba a poder jugar, hasta que vos me explicaste y avance un paso. ahora me quede en otro. ajjaaj

Quote Originally Posted by atila9000 View Post
    si, te juro que odio que me pase esto. TODOS los juegos que instalo SIEMPRE pasa un problema entonces me pongo muy nervioso. antes pensaba que no lo hiba a poder jugar, hasta que vos me explicaste y avance un paso. ahora me quede en otro. ajjaaj
    weno...a veces hay que currarse las cosas bien curradas......con calma y paciencia se consigue todo...

hey, i downloaded all the files. installed it and the same happens. any other ideas please?
    can anyone answer my question? im waited the whole week to try this method but didnt work, so i dont want to wait another week. jaaj
    Last edited by atila9000; April 30, 2011 at 09:46 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

As most of the thread is in Spanish I don't know what you've done......

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    As most of the thread is in Spanish I don't know what you've done......
    ill tell you: i downloaded the 6 files in a folder in the desktop. then i created a folder in MY PC/C called roma surrectum 2. in there i copied all the files of rome total war.
    i start the installer and select that folder (MY PC/C/ROMA SURRECTUM 2) to install the game. time passes and the game finishes. when it does, i go to RS2 folder and go to the launcher folder, i press the lancher game: select faction rome and engine RTW and nothing else. then, press play. a window appears saying: have you selected your faction? i press accept and... it seems that is running the game because
    in the backscreen appears ROMA SURRECTUM 2. at the same time that appears, another 2 error messages appear, unfortunately, saying:
    1 message) could not load -"data/animations/engine/ballista/ballista.idle.CAS".
    2 message) script error in data/descr_engine_skeleton.txt, at line 17, column 124.
    animDB:could not load -"data/animations/engine/ballista/ballista.idle.CAS".

after that the game quits .
    thats all of my chronicle of this mod.
    version 1.5, not steam.

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

Are you running as admin when you install?

i cant play as administrator because the option doenst appear. to do it i have to do right click, properties and...? i tried to do that but i couldnt find the option enable as administrator or something like that. i have the vanilla in spanish. i was told that that wasnt a problem. what do you think?

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

You should really install & play as an administrator, otherwise files may not copy over properly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast