Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Map of the Main Campaign

Default Re: [Preview] Map of the Main Campaign

hi! Images are died - update it, please.

when relased?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Begeta View Post
    when relased?
    As far as i know the mod died - but the beta with a smaller balcan campaign was released.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 20, 2017 at 02:46 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Two new factions restored, the Bulgars and the Abbasid Caliphate - i have done more but here is the video of these two:

Some factions have low-quality units and others have medium and high quality. Some factions uses a blend of different quality-levels.

I'd say these two have lower quality than the Romans for sure. And some of the factions are easy to finish while others are a major headache - the Lombards only had the meshes and one was forced to test out different attachmentsets and textures until one found the right one..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 11, 2017 at 07:37 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

You're doing a great job
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    You're doing a great job
    Thanks man!

Here is a new video preview:

This is the fully restored roster of the Lakhmids and the Ghassanids- while most of their units aren't high quality, they are still unique and better than vanilla in my opinion.

One of the Lakhmid-units are using gear from the Sassanid-Empire - i have high hopes on that roster still being of high quality, as the unit is high quality.

- The Havamal

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Awesome, some EB2 units could help with the quality issues in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    Awesome, some EB2 units could help with the quality issues in the future.
    Yes, units from De Bello Mundi, Broken Crescent and EB2 possibly - Byzantineboy was willing to create new re-textured versions of his units for middle eastern factions. And he said he has the Caliphate-units, or most of them, from "Karaislam".

Here is another video with two other factions:

This is the full rosters of the Blemmyes and Hayatheliten factions. I would say the Blemmyes-faction roster is large and has medium quality. It's possible one or two units are of low quality though.

The Hayatheliten-faction wasn't really finished and only has like half a roster. While the roster is re-textured it doesn't look like anything new. Like the Bulgar faction it is made up of re-textured vanilla-units.

- The Havamal

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

I'm pretty sure you could borrow some units from Invasio Barbarorum II as well

Quote Originally Posted by vikior View Post
    I'm pretty sure you could borrow some units from Invasio Barbarorum II as well
    I don't think i have tested that mod out yet, if it's for M2TW:K.

Anyway, here is another video:

This is the full remnants of the Huns and Langobards factions.

The Huns had a rather small roster, and i would say it is mostly unique with some re-textured mercenary units. Low to middle quality.

The Lombards are unique but with low quality units. I would still say they are pretty cool because of their unique looks. The Langobard roster took alot of time to re-add, as it only had the meshes easily available - the rest one was forced to add manually and search for.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 14, 2017 at 05:46 AM.

- The Havamal

I have just recently restored the full roster of the Thematic Roman army - including a captain, a general and elite units that i previously failed to restore! I have spent the last couple of hours (or the entire evening and beginning of the night) on this. At first i was going to just finish more factions, but it seemed i wasn't done with the Thematic armies.

Actually i do think they look great. While the lesser units are on the same level of quality as the Broken Crescent mod (or slightly less in quality) the elite units are just above that level or in some cases on par with the TGC-ones. Most units are not however, but i do like one or two units more than what i saw on the pictures for TGC. TGC on the other hand do have more variations and more of their units look great.

But the EoR Varangian Guards are awesome - as well as some other elite units.

EDIT: Pictures of the restored Thematic Roman Roser below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-58-36-503.jpg   kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-56-20-087.jpg   kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-56-26-500.jpg   kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-56-29-264.jpg   kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-56-32-688.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-56-42-215.jpg   kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-56-54-307.jpg   kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-57-10-429.jpg   kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-57-41-473.jpg   kingdoms 2017-03-17 00-58-02-592.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 16, 2017 at 07:21 PM.

- The Havamal

This is the full remnants of the EoR Roman Thematic Army!

The captain and general are used as officers for one of the units, as one can't have many different generals/captains in battle in custom battles - and this mod also has many other eras.

I think the roster is pretty cool, not bad quality - and the units do look nice. I'd say some of the elites are on par with the TGC-units but most are just below that level.

The horses are in some cases the very same.

I tried playing a battle with Romans VS Sassanids but my laptop was lagging too much. I'd guess the Romans would have won the pretty even battle.

PS: The general and captain wasn't visible in the video, here is a picture (general in red, captain in blue):

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-03-16 21-37-13-063.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 17, 2017 at 02:39 AM.

- The Havamal

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

WOOOW I hope in this re born!

Quote Originally Posted by Julio85 View Post
    WOOOW I hope in this re born!
    What i can say is i plan to restore the Ostrogoth roster as well as enhance the other rosters with IB2-units. They already use IB2-units, but they may be re-textured - to fill out their rosters i plan to use more units from that mod. The Ostrogoth-roster doesn't have any of it's units in EoR and they need to be re-implemented from IB2.

First of all i will restore what i can in EoR - then i will look to IB2 for filler-units. But i can say the Vandals, Ostrogoths, Huns and possibly Alemanni are saved - in that Rome Total War-style. I don't think i'd need anything from the Roman roster though - as they have quite a huge roster in EoR - which is basically a merge between IB2-units and Danube Limes-units.

I didn't know about IB2 (Invasio Barbaroroum 2) before. As for Imperium Barbaroroum (IBII) i don't think it's units fit the time period.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 18, 2017 at 11:19 AM.

- The Havamal

IVSTINIANVS I's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    As far as i know the mod died - but the beta with a smaller baltic campaign was released.
    A *Balkan campaign. It's a mini campaign during the reign of Emperor Mavrikios with the Slav and Avar invasions. It's quite fun

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Not in the beta that i have.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by IVSTINIANVS I View Post
    A *Balkan campaign. It's a mini campaign during the reign of Emperor Mavrikios with the Slav and Avar invasions. It's quite fun
    Yes, sorry wrote baltic but meant "Balkan".

- The Havamal

Wow, that is seriosly great! I just checked Romans of heraclian era preview, unit textures are made of so great quality... Will other factions get high quality units like Sassanids and Romans did ? And can you show us campaing map? Pictures are broken, so I cant see it

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Wow, that is seriosly great! I just checked Romans of heraclian era preview, unit textures are made of so great quality... Will other factions get high quality units like Sassanids and Romans did ? And can you show us campaing map? Pictures are broken, so I cant see it
    In the lost official version of the mod i'd think most of the factions had high quality units - unfortunately those were lost and only the Romans of Heraclian and Thematic eras - as well as the Sassanid Empire has such units.

I haven't tested all the others out yet but i would guess on them all being Invasio Barbarorum 2 styled units.

The Roman Notitia/Justinian era units are part Mauretanian and part IB2-style.

Byzantineboy said he could provide high quality retextures of most middle eastern units but i haven't heard from him since january - he said he had access to Caliphate-units made by Karaislam for EoA as well.

Another user contacted me yesterday and he said he would wanna help with this mod - he can create units and is working on Tsardoms. I sent him the stand-alone EoA-mod with most of the rosters included - but they are not implemented which may be annoying.

I am working on the EoR-beta and i have like eleven factions still to work on. Most if not all do use IB2 styled units - some uses re-textures of vanilla.. They could of course be replaced with Byzantineboy re-textures, Karaislam units and the new ones the other guy wants to create.

But i can only state for sure that the beta will be released, with at least IB2 units and the great Roman and Sassanid rosters. Another possibility is to take units from mods such as WotN (Slavs and Franks) or TGC (Magyars, Lombards and middle eastern) when it's released. Avars, Slavs and Avenes have great rosters too - but they are already released in the Danube Limes campaign.

No, i won't show off the mod until i am done restoring every roster and fixing some bugs in the campaign such as an immediate CTD when holding the mouse over some cities (heard it may be the religious level in the regions-file) and placements of generals/family members in the middle of the ocean.

So first i am going to restore the IB2/vanilla-retextured rosters, then i am going to possibly add whatever units i can from available mods where i can take them with permission, then i'll add eventual new units by Byzantineboy and the other guy and lastly i release it in it's first open-beta state.

When TGC has been released i see no reason why we couldn't use those units to replace IB2 units. Would be no fun showing off the map before it's ready - but the size is pretty much the same as in EoA which i have uploaded a video from - but a little different.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 20, 2017 at 12:05 PM.

- The Havamal