Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Map of the Main Campaign

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: [Preview] Map of the Main Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Wow, that is seriosly great! I just checked Romans of heraclian era preview, unit textures are made of so great quality... Will other factions get high quality units like Sassanids and Romans did ? And can you show us campaing map? Pictures are broken, so I cant see it
    I was wrong - the EoR-map is wider and bigger than the EoA-map - it goes way higher up above Crimea and into the Steppe and Rus territories as well as into Hayatheliten and Franc territories.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

Hi Mr_Nygren, I just tried to pm you but I am not sure whether I have permissions to do this because I just joined twcenter. I was wondering whether there was anything that I could do to help you with East of Rome. I am mostly a modeler, but I do have some experience with text editing and mapping. Some of my unit models are view-able here. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post15279330 - if there's anything I could do to assist you, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Marble Emperor View Post
    Hi Mr_Nygren, I just tried to pm you but I am not sure whether I have permissions to do this because I just joined twcenter. I was wondering whether there was anything that I could do to help you with East of Rome. I am mostly a modeler, but I do have some experience with text editing and mapping. Some of my unit models are view-able here. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post15279330 - if there's anything I could do to assist you, just let me know.
    Hello man, thanks for your message - i haven't checked out your PM yet but i have one so it is possible for you to send PM.

Yes, i would happily get assistance from a modeler - there was one from Tsardoms who also wanted to help. I don't know if Byzantineboy is still interested.

I just need to restore the old rosters first for the main campaign - as for EoA i could possibly start adding units.

But pretty much all the rosters besides the ones in Danube Limes needs new units. With the exception of the Thematic Romans, the Heraclian Romans and the Sassanid Empire.

All the others are using Invasio Barbarorum 2 models.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Okay, great! Whenever you are ready to proceed, just message me and let me know what you need me to do!

Kartli, Bulgaria and another faction with the exact same roster as Kartli are most in need - they do use re-textured ugly vanilla units.

I have uploaded videos of most faction rosters in the main EoR-thread and the EoA thread - you could check them out.

What faction interests you the most?

I was going to re-implement some of the IB2 units for factions that lost them such as the Ostrogoths - but maybe it's better to create new ones.

I suggest downloading and installing IB2 (Invasio Barbarorum 2) Africa Vandalorum to get some ideas on how Ostrogoth, Vandal and Hun-rosters could look. The Huns already has a good looking roster in DBM though.

In IB2 Britanoi there are Francorum, Alemanni and possibly some other rosters as well which could bring inspiration.

In the main mod there are IB2 rosters for middle eastern and asian factions. The steppe mostly uses Danube Limes rosters (which i think are fine) and re-textured vanilla which are outdated.

- The Havamal

I don't mind reworking the Kartlian Roster first, I have always had a sympathetic eye for the Kingdom of Georgia. I don't know what their roster in the days of Justinian or Heraclius might look like though as I am not an expert on this segment of Kartlian history.

Quote Originally Posted by Marble Emperor View Post
    I don't mind reworking the Kartlian Roster first, I have always had a sympathetic eye for the Kingdom of Georgia. I don't know what their roster in the days of Justinian or Heraclius might look like though as I am not an expert on this segment of Kartlian history.
    I will fix them next (restore the old roster) and then i up a video so you can see their current interpretation - plus they have a close-by faction using the very same roster. Two factions in one blow could be achieved there.

- The Havamal

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I will fix them next (restore the old roster) and then i up a video so you can see their current interpretation - plus they have a close-by faction using the very same roster. Two factions in one blow could be achieved there.
    Mr_Nygren, I wish to express gratitude for your work on finishing EOR. I had long anticipated it's release and was very disappointed to see that the work on EOR was abandoned for whatever reasons. +rep
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

I've been busy elsewhere and probably will be for awhile, but here is the battle i couldn't do on my crapy laptop - i have my gaming computer back!

East of Rome: Main Campaign: Heraclean Era Imperium Romanorum VS the Sassanid Empire!

"I am playing a battle between the Iranians/Sassanians/Persians and the Heraclean Era Romans.- Be aware that not all their units were used in this battle due to limited slots of twenty units in two armies - but i tried using their best units. - I forgot to armour upgrade some of the roman units, they do have various armour variations."

- The Havamal

What are your plans/have you to finish before a beta release?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    What are your plans/have you to finish before a beta release?
    I plan at least two releases - one with mostly placeholder IB2 rosters already in the files and one with new rosters and most will be TGC rosters. But i can't use those before TGC is released even though TGC team were once part of EoR - hence why EoR have earlier versions of their horses and Romans in use.

I still need to restore the last third of the BMDB and add new units where the old models are missing for a few factions. Then i need to rework some files in the campaign fixing a few issues and replacing lost units with new or restored ones.

- The Havamal

Will you release those sasanid and heraclian units?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Will you release those sasanid and heraclian units?
    They are not mine to release individually - they will be released together with the Main Campaign of East of Rome.

- The Havamal

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

any progress?

No. I am busy elsewhere.

- The Havamal

Any news le The main campaign ?

As stated in the previous post i am busy elsewhere.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    As stated in the previous post i am busy elsewhere.
    As you continue with it in a near future when you have more time, we will mantain our hope ! + REP

On other hand, could you save the units of Caudillo87? Because in this video that you posted some time ago are his Roman and Sassanid Units:

https://youtu.be/D9CDgpVRcv0
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; December 27, 2017 at 01:33 PM.

Hi Mr_Nygren , could i take and use the core of sassanian units for my modding project ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    As you continue with it in a near future when you have more time, we will mantain our hope ! + REP

On other hand, could you save the units of Caudillo87? Because in this video that you posted some time ago are his Roman and Sassanid Units:

https://youtu.be/D9CDgpVRcv0
    Yeah, i will certainly continue it when i get more time - especially when the TGC rosters are released to the public. Many IB2 rosters needs to be replaced with TGC models from their similar rosters. Also, Broken Crescent may have models too.

- The Roman and Sassanid rosters weren't Claudillo's but rather what he started out with. He had made improvements on the units, even though the Romans are what was previewed on Youtube years back.

They are secure - great rosters besides those in the Danube Limes beta would be these two and the halfdone Thematic Era roster.

- The Havamal