Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Rome: The New World

Default Announcing Rome: The New World

I came up with this mod because someones post on my previous topic said I should wait for M2TW to come out for my old idea and I agreed. This should be a lot more manageable and realistic for RTW.

This is an alternative history mod for Rome: Total War v1.5. Basically I was looking at alternative histories yesterday and got inspired to write my own.

What if the Roman Empire and it's people fended off the barbarian invaders? What if the Roman Empire discovered the Americas in 700 A.D.?

This mod will toy with idea of the Romans conquering the Americas. But the ancient americans and the continent will be strange compared to ancient america as we remember today in our world. There will be a new campaign map, modified Roman factions and also a few completely different cultures with identical factions for each new culture.

The new cultures are yet decided but they will be each a mixture of Native American and non-American cultures decided by the team members.

What needed people are 3d artist of course. So if any with free time are interested in it, please join!

Any constructive criticisms and comments are welcomed!

P.S. my skills are campaign mapping, text editing, (classical) music composing.

It will be very hard, I think. Modifying an already made map is one thing, making a new one is a different thing altogether. I can help with some historical backgrounds, made up if you really want (because, I think, Rome ended before 700AD)

I've got my 100% new campaign maps working with RTW before so that's not a problem!

I'm glad to have your contributions. What are you historian qualifications? And you'll have to wait til I have the map done since it'll be similar to the real americas as we know today.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Well I think military wise the army would be like the Byzantine army since it's not very far after the west collapsed, so for the Romans, think Byzantuim in 700AD. Infact, this mod should start just during the Berber revolt in Algeria against the Abbasids(sp?), so maybe they can be a faction trying to colonize America aswell?(The Abbasids) Also, i think in the south the Maya are in there golden age though i could be wrong.

BTW this sounds like an excellent idea I hope you get the help you need. Sure it may not be historical, but it would sure as hell be fun to fight with NA vs. Romans!
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Anyan's Avatar Civis

very very interest idea, it like to game "settlers 4", wher players can play for roman, vikings, maijas and fantastic black faction. me very likes it ! i also can help you at many things, if you need.

What are your skills Anyan?

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

When I saw the title I said myself: "Mmm... again a new mod idea that will die soon" but after reading this it's really a great and enjoyable idea.

So I praise you good luck to achieve this, and if I can help you with our units - I don't know how exactly, we got romano britons, gaels, picts and germans - just ask :wink:

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

omg thats going to be awsome!
    the thought of legio carolina doing battle with the apaches is just awsome!

Great idea redesh i am sure it will be quite original an fun, god luck.

Okay the map will contain modern day mexico, the carribian, southern canada, modern day mainland america and a representation of europe.

Some ideas for new cultures will be aztec, mayan, inca, iroqois, plains and generic north american.

Thanks for all your support.

Great mod idea! I'm sure you will succeed!! I really wanna play this mod after it comes out!

GOOD LUCK !

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Redesh
    Okay the map will contain modern day mexico, the carribian, southern canada, modern day mainland america and a representation of europe.

Some ideas for new cultures will be aztec, mayan, inca, iroqois, plains and generic north american.

Thanks for all your support.
    Woah woah we might wanna start with just mexico for now. That way you only have one or two "native" factions to model and skin. Then we can get to work on the north and south. Remember, RTR started small aswell so maybe you should lern from there example. :original:
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Anyan's Avatar Civis

@Redesh i have knowledge at many areas of mod (8 month modding). and i very love culture of native americans, what i can help?
    World around us may will be beautiful, if it`s understanding

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87018
    Creator mod for RTW "Realistic Landscape" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44843

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

very original. Good luck with it!
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Woah woah we might wanna start with just mexico for now. That way you only have one or two "native" factions to model and skin. Then we can get to work on the north and south. Remember, RTR started small aswell so maybe you should lern from there example.
    \

Alright the first map will contain central america.

@Redesh i have knowledge at many areas of mod (8 month modding). and i very love culture of native americans, what i can help?
    Do you know how to make 3d models Anyan? What is it that you know how to do in the areas of modding? Any help is welcomed.

Anyan's Avatar Civis

3d Max i not have but hope soon obtane. 2d Photoshop i can, also may doing: maps, ballanced parametrs units, edit vegetations (relise avialable now), formations AI ( this is my work, special formations for roman, barbarian, estern, greek - is very effective and doing for real battle! http://rapidshare.de/files/15520819/...ns_ai.txt.html ), new names and others
    World around us may will be beautiful, if it`s understanding

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87018
    Creator mod for RTW "Realistic Landscape" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44843

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Redesh
    I've got my 100% new campaign maps working with RTW before so that's not a problem!
    Wtf? Omg!!! Someone started a mod who actually has a modding skill? Unbelievable.

*Fabolous would like everyone to note that he is actually in disblief.

Good luck Redesh, this is the type of mod I might download.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

This mod is extremely original. Will the Mayans be in it?

I dunno if the mayans will be in it but someone said they were in their golden age so maybe they will be. I'll have to do my research I guess.

Anyan. Those are all good skills and we'll be needing them.

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous
    Wtf? Omg!!! Someone started a mod who actually has a modding skill? Unbelievable.

*Fabolous would like everyone to note that he is actually in disblief.

Good luck Redesh, this is the type of mod I might download.
    hey now, i started a mod and i have skills

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast