Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "Hetmanat TW" - Ukraine in Empire: Total War. Global world alteration. Version 3.0

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: "Hetmanat TW" - Ukraine in Empire: Total War. English translation added 20.06.2011

Hi Satyricon - would you have any images/references that the units are based upon (images, or links will be great)
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: "Hetmanat TW" - Ukraine in Empire: Total War. English translation added 20.06.2011

Perhaps you can add the Ukraine to the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Satyricon View Post

We will not be for "matter of practical" to scoff at the history of their nation. Do not want to historicity?? - go play in the "Transformers"

I'm sorry you feel that way and I apologize if I have offended

Many of the mods here aren't fully historical, in the ottoman realism mod I gave Persian units to turkey so players could enjoy them(as normally you cannot play Persia), though mainly I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy Nizam's wonderful work without having to use that mod standalone now it is part of darthmod and people can pit the ottoman realism team's units against all the other wonderful units the community have made.

Our dear Swiss allowed all factions to recruit from areas they conquered, Casear who has been instrumental in adding more eastern units even allowed Georgian units to be shared by russia and Georgia(oh and turkey too) out of practically so everyone could enjoy them. Yes it wasn't historical but it let people try them out.

I commend your Patriotism sir and it is commendable, I only wish to spread this impressive work. Though it will take me more time I humbly ask Shredder's blessing to attempt to release a public standalone version. I feel very strongly about this work and think it should be more assessable for the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way and I apologize if I have offended

Many of the mods here aren't fully historical, in the ottoman realism mod I gave Persian units to turkey so players could enjoy them(as normally you cannot play Persia), though mainly I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy Nizam's wonderful work without having to use that mod standalone now it is part of darthmod and people can pit the ottoman realism team's units against all the other wonderful units the community have made.

Our dear Swiss allowed all factions to recruit from areas they conquered, Casear who has been instrumental in adding more eastern units even allowed Georgian units to be shared by russia and Georgia(oh and turkey too) out of practically so everyone could enjoy them. Yes it wasn't historical but it let people try them out.

I commend your Patriotism sir and it is commendable, I only wish to spread this impressive work. Though it will take me more time I humbly ask Shredder's blessing to attempt to release a public standalone version. I feel very strongly about this work and think it should be more assessable for the community.
    Such fantastic work shouldn't go to waste!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Hi Satyricon - would you have any images/references that the units are based upon (images, or links will be great)
    You mean the image of Ukrainian Cossacks? I'll send them tomorrow ♔hammeredalways♔.
    Perhaps you can add the Ukraine to the campaign?
    What do you mean? Ukraine already in campaign.
    Yes, I know that many unhistorical mods. I myself can make mistakes in their adaptations. But that that you do it simply delirium.
    Last edited by Yaropolk; November 15, 2011 at 12:10 PM.

I'm actually Ukrainian(though i'm not patriottic at all, i feel more than i'm Russian and not Ukrainian) but i disagree with you.
    The TW series is all about making alternate history and i think that these units deserve to be available for recruitment for other nations, of course, the sich cossacks weren't mercenaries, but still why not making them recruitable?
    Not every of them, perhaps only the cavalry, but even only this would make this mod much more enjoyable
    BTW конное ополчение is Regiment of Cavalry in English, you should correct it in the OP

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

This mode look really promising !

You are a barbarian - you should be thrown on eating up to lions )) Because of people like you I do not play in a global mods, in the same Dartmod.
    Thats a rather hasty generalization good sir, you are welcome to voice your opinion sir but there is no need to be hostile, I merely ask for a civil statement from the gentleman, Shredder who posted this wonderful work. I received a quiet reply back from the author but would request a respectful decline at which point I shall drop the matter.

Your Nationalist sentiment is understood but there is no reason to call me a "barbarian"(come on I'm asian my ancestors called Westerners that) I'd like to think in the modern era we are past such distasteful actions
    Last edited by Okuto; June 29, 2011 at 02:57 PM.

Hi Satyricon - thanks + appreciated, if you have any links (even if in Ukranian that would be great as well)

just a quick add re. the conversation on the MOD being adapted to other modifications I think everyone understands and respects that you want the MOD to be a stand-alone project so as to accurately (as possible within the games parametres) reflect Ukraine in the time period and I must say everything looks very good.

I think the questions from other posters were really aimed at increasing the opportunity for people to enjoy your work within the framework of other modifications for ETW. (similar to POM's good work, or Sir Chicken Casear whom I know you are familiar with).

Indeed ♔EmperorBatman999♔ has himself worked and released a number of very good MOD's and I can vouch for Okuto who has worked diligently in converting a number of MODs to the DMUC campaign.

If you ever change your mind just let anyone of us know
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    I'm actually Ukrainian(though i'm not patriottic at all, i feel more than i'm Russian and not Ukrainian) but i disagree with you.
    The TW series is all about making alternate history and i think that these units deserve to be available for recruitment for other nations, of course, the sich cossacks weren't mercenaries, but still why not making them recruitable?
    Not every of them, perhaps only the cavalry, but even only this would make this mod much more enjoyable
    BTW конное ополчение is Regiment of Cavalry in English, you should correct it in the OP
    Lama43 about translation - Regiment is полк (укр) of Cavalry is кінний (укр). Obtained "кінний полк"(укр). What does the militia?
    OkutoYour Nationalist sentiment is understood but there is no reason to call me a "barbarian"(come on I'm asian my ancestors called Westerners that) I'd like to think in the modern era we are past such distasteful actions
    You have misunderstood me. I have nothing against Asian people. I respect your culture and traditions - they are very original and have an ancient origin. I meant you specifically Okuto. The fact that you have made possible the recruitment of Georgian troops for the Ottoman Empire and the Russian Tsarstvom is simply outrageous (to put it very mildly ).This small but proud mountain country for centuries fought with Turkey and Iran, she also had conflicts with R.I.
    You give hiring the English troops for France and vice versa? In your understanding of it is for sure very cool
    Last edited by Yaropolk; July 02, 2011 at 02:59 AM.

I will apologise in advance for the England victory this weekend

Hi ♔hammeredalways♔ I do not understand what kind of victory in question?

Here's a promise Images :

http://picasaweb.google.com/apps.ukr/Cossacks#

http://picasaweb.google.com/scintill...ian_portraits#

http://litopys.org.ua/rigel/rig34.htm
    Last edited by Yaropolk; April 16, 2012 at 04:03 AM.

great images, much appreciated

Boxing - Haye (England) v Klitschko (Ukraine)

great images, much appreciated

Boxing - Haye (England) v Klitschko (Ukraine)
    Now understood ) I don't look modern boxing - there are only old fart who dream only about the money.
    Boxing which was earlier we any more no will see. I'm more of bushido and Thai boxing.
    Last edited by Yaropolk; July 01, 2011 at 11:34 PM.

What I meant about the Ukraine is being able to make the Ukraine a faction in-game and giving them Kiev and the Crimea.

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

Satyricon
    Here's a promise Images :
    This is picture about the 17th century. For the 18th century, they do not work ...

♔hammeredalways♔
    "Не говори ГОП!, пока не перепрыгнеш" "Do not say GOP!, has not yet jumped" . inaccurate translation, but the meaning is clear I think )))
    Last edited by SHREDDER; July 01, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

Hi SHREDDER , indeed - we have something similar "don't count your chickens until they are hatched", but what would modern boxing be without the pre-fight boasting and entertainment especially for a 50% share of the £50m purse

cheers

You have misunderstood me. I have nothing against Asian people. I respect your culture and traditions - they are very original and have an ancient origin. I meant you specifically Okuto. The fact that you have made possible the recruitment of Georgian troops for the Ottoman Empire and the Russian Tsarstvom is simply outrageous (to put it very mildly ).This small but proud mountain country for centuries fought with Turkey and Iran, she also had conflicts with R.I.
    You give hiring the English troops for France and vice versa? In your understanding of it is for sure very cool
    It was that or no one would be able to enjoy it so I made the choice to share it, lest no one come to appreciate the hard work these modders put into their baby.

We mod so that the most people can enjoy them, why else would we mod? Mods are suppose to be as assessable as possible, I merely wish to make the mod as assessable as possible and get it out to as many people as possible, esp in the sense of overlooked factions which most people overlook, if I can just get one person that plays nothing but European nations to glance at the idea of playing a faction that greatly differs from his/her own then I have done my job.

For example, if I had a mod that added Asian troops in game but no one would be able to enjoy it without heavily modding it themselves I would no doubt turn it into a unit pack where everyone could recruit them from the closest region to them(in this case India). Yes it would not make sense in many ways but at least the most people would get to enjoy the hard work put into it.

However I can see that there shall be no moving you good sir. I merely wished to state my case and end on a good note, thank you for time and much luck to you and the rest of the team.

Great mod,downloading

Quote Originally Posted by molashkre View Post
    Great mod,downloading
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Thank you but so far this mod is not so and great )) But soon it may become so. By the way the units of Georgia altered - those that were previously unhistorical. Of course there is no new models but it's better than before. Some models for reskin taken from unitboooster, hope adrian74 do not kill me for this ))
    Georgian units

About other changes I still keep silence - a time for everything.
    Last edited by Yaropolk; August 12, 2011 at 11:16 AM.