View Poll Results: What should I do next (Once I get a new drive of passion)

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwarven Voices (I have enough sound files to do this, I believe its all customly recorded)

8 29.63%
  • Elven Voices (I'd need people to chip in with rips from other games to use, or customly recorded stuff)

7 25.93%
  • Human Voices (Ive got some great rips from one of the Warhammer games, but not much material for the campaign map to work with)

6 22.22%
  • New actually visually pleasing portraits for heroes, generals, kings, and mercenary captains)

3 11.11%
  • Adding in and revamping building text. (Getting rid of the "Dwarven Mine Tunnels 1, and adding in actual decent descriptions and removing the numbers from building names)

3 11.11%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: English Voice Mod Expanded

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Default English Voice Mod Expanded

Hello everyone, are you unhappy with vanilla accents? Tired of hearing some filthy human speak when your vampire lord is giving orders? Sick of the undead hordes sounding like they arnt so undead? Fed up with Dwarves referencing Scotland? Have I got the mod for you!

Using the absolutly wonderful sounds our voice acting king of kings Kain of Nosgoth I have been able to get rid of two more factions vanilla voices, and add in wonderful new sounds exclusive to Call of Warhammer.

So far I have done voices for Sylvania and the Dwarves, and would very much like to continue working on this project, but to do that I need your help. I am in desperate need of voice actors, or really anyone with a decent microphone who is passionate. The Elves, Humans, and possibly even the other Chaos factions can and very hopefully will be done. Its up to you guys to record things for me though, have your voice heard around the world! PM me if you are seriously interested in helping out.

Well without further ado, Combining Gallopers mod, with my fixes and clean up for it, as well as my Sylvania english voices and Dwarven english voices, I present to you the public, the English Voice Mod Expanded!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C9N44Y2R

To install simply drop the data folder into your main Call of Warhammer directory (Program Files/Medieval II Total War/mods/Call_of_Warhammer) Overwrite EVERYTHING! And thats it, the mod is now installed and good to go.

Galloper's mod is now included in the mod, so there is no longer any need to download his files.

EDIT: A bit of a halt has come about as I wait for the next version of the mod, or Pilgrim's new EDU. Blame Morrowind and The Last Kingdom guys I really only work on what im currently playing, A few games have slipped in and filled that gap while I wait. Currently the Sylvanian and Dwarven voices still need just a bit of tweaking, I want to equalize their volumes a bit, make 'um blend in a bit more. The Empire voices are going to be hard as hell though, i've got like 4 hours of audio to go through and pick out tons of 5 second bits from. It'll be a process, but it will happen eventually so dont worry. In the meantime, nag the mod creators and Pilgim for keeping me waiting like this, its criminal! ^^

PS- Dont nag the Russians, they're wrath frightens me
    Last edited by ninja51; August 06, 2011 at 01:54 AM.

Default Re: Sylvania English Voice Mod

why didn't you just combine it with gallopers? well hopefully someone else will and while he is at it might as well fix the damn SFX too. *looks at THP*

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Your efforts are very appreciated. I will give this submod a try asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    why didn't you just combine it with gallopers? well hopefully someone else will and while he is at it might as well fix the damn SFX too. *looks at THP*
    It is built on top of his, just install his (The unpacked version) and then install this.

this shall be good yeah!

Ninja51, this project sounds good indeed - with Orc, Goblin, Chaos and Sylvania voices CoW will be "ready" in my opinion. I think you'll agree too that combined sound mod would benefit us all, but it's good to know some are willing to test things and continue the sound project.

Why no one will make a voinces for the Empire -isn't it the Most epic campaning in Cow ? ''stand fast Sons of Sigmar! Ours is the good fight, and we shall prevail! For Sigmar and the Empire!''.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Has anyone playtested this yet? Like I said, for it to be fully finished, I need you guys to sound off if anything doesnt sound right ^^

and Klierowski once the Sylvania voices are completed to a point im satisfied with, ill try to code in pretty much any new voices as long as someone presents the files. I do have Dawn of War and tons could be stripped from there, but thats a bit TOO much work for me to undertake. Besides, im thinking my next campaign might be Dwarves or Elves, they need new voices just a tiny bit more than the humans currently do

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Thank you very much for this ninja51.

+rep to you

Btw, could I use this in my Real Warhammer mod? Credits will be given to you of course

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Still working on it with no success so far I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Thank you very much for this ninja51.

+rep to you

Btw, could I use this in my Real Warhammer mod? Credits will be given to you of course
    Of course, I would like to make sure its in a presentable state though before its thrown in with something of Real Warhammer's caliber

Just some people to let me know if it even works!

Default Re: Sylvania English Voice Mod + Sound Fix

UPDATE: New rar with everything in the mod working as well as the sound fixes implemented

Citizen

Marvelous work here ninja51!

+rep

Dang it! I have to spread it around first

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Marvelous work here ninja51!

+rep

Dang it! I have to spread it around first
    no worries i got your back

edit: for the elven and dwarf voices check the Battle for middle earth sounds. i think they would fit pretty nicely.

Citizen

Thanks Toho

Btw, you might want to tell people they need RedDwarf's sub-mod and Reiksfart's unit sub-mod to use this, ninja51. I almost lost all progress on my Real Warhammer stats (no fault on your part though. I should've made sure not to replace my EDU). Thank goodness that I had a backup
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; June 15, 2011 at 12:59 AM.

Did I include an EDU? I just downloaded the file I uploaded and I actually dont see one. In fact, im not sure where you found an EDU, there should be a ton of Descr_sound files and Export_Descr_sounds (most of them are just vanilla, like I said just to make sure I didnt miss anything I fixed I just grabbed them all) and the sound folder. This should be compatable with everything. It requires the unpacked version of Galloper's mod installed first, but really thats about it. There isnt an EDU in the rar and it works with any EDU that works with Gallopers.

ninja51,

So glad you joined us and all your ideas look great! Looking forward to trying this out.

Default Re: Sylvania English Voice Mod + Sound/SFX Fix

for those of us that are luddites what exactly is the 'unpacked' version?
    i have the voicemod which in so far as i can tell works fine,and the firepower combie thing with reiksfarts thing.so what would your mod add to this?
    the voicemod is i think central to getting the proper warhammer experience and if yours will make it better i want it!
    but us wot are orks need things explained a bit simpler if you wouldnt mind. cheers

please do elves OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

HUUUMAAANSSSSS -no one play elves .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ninja51 View Post
    Did I include an EDU? I just downloaded the file I uploaded and I actually dont see one. In fact, im not sure where you found an EDU, there should be a ton of Descr_sound files and Export_Descr_sounds (most of them are just vanilla, like I said just to make sure I didnt miss anything I fixed I just grabbed them all) and the sound folder. This should be compatable with everything. It requires the unpacked version of Galloper's mod installed first, but really thats about it. There isnt an EDU in the rar and it works with any EDU that works with Gallopers.
    Dang it. I have your old Sylvannia voice mod and that's the one that I lost my EDU with. Turns out I lost about 10 units that I revised, but that's my fault.

But thank you for the voices. They sound scary (in a good way)

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast