Thread: Crashing on end turn?

Default Crashing on end turn?

I'm playing with the 3.80.0 version of this mod using Kingdom of England, turn 1092.

When I end the turn all the AI factions do their thing and the game crashes on the Turks.

Error log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

214658.053 [system.rpt] [always] CPU SSE2
    214658.053 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    214658.053 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packsdata_0.pack
    214658.053 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packsdata_1.pack
    214658.053 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packsdata_2.pack
    214658.053 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packsdata_3.pack
    214658.069 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packsdata_4.pack
    214658.069 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packslocalized.pack
    214701.790 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in modsRegionmod_Kingsdataexport_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 14063, column 48
    trigger not found
    214831.983 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

I checked the file and found this:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger ItsWinterNow
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait SummerWinterCampaign = 1
    and not I_IsTriggerTrue ItsSummerNow

Affects SummerWinterCampaign 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

Installing the patches didn't work, then I can't even load my saved game, error log mentions something about buildings not found.

Any idea how to fix this?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Crashing on end turn?

This is one error that will not crash the game. All the updates installed makes savegames useless. This is where CA went wrong wrapping all this info into the map.rwm and not giving the .exe a way to update it automatically.

I have had trouble at that time with family members of various factions causing ctds. I think someone else had it happen over over one of the relics when he died.

Load up all the updates, delete the map.rwm in the base folder, and give it another go.

Was deleting the map.rwm suppose to make my savefile work or just the game in overall?
    It get this error on loading my savefile:
    22:48:18.365 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    22:48:18.366 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    22:48:18.371 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:48:18.372 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:48:18.373 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:48:18.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:48:18.376 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:48:18.378 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:48:23.471 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Regionmod_Kings/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 14975, column 46
    trigger not found
    22:49:08.680 [data.invalid] [error] Building load failed as id 'holysite_orth' not recognised...

22:49:08.685 [data.invalid] [error] Building load failed as id 'holysite' not recognised...

22:49:08.686 [data.invalid] [error] Building load failed as id 'holysite_chr' not recognised...

22:49:10.331 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

If it's absolutely impossible to retrieve the save game I can accept that since it had only been a short campaign, I just hope the patches prevent this from happening again

22:48:23.471 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/Regionmod_Kings/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 14975, column 46
    trigger not found
    This will not cause a ctd. In fact, it works. CA's great and wonderful error catcher does not seem to know it.

22:49:08.680 [data.invalid] [error] Building load failed as id 'holysite_orth' not recognised...

22:49:08.685 [data.invalid] [error] Building load failed as id 'holysite' not recognised...

22:49:08.686 [data.invalid] [error] Building load failed as id 'holysite_chr' not recognised...
    This will not cause the crash.

In the configuration.cfg, is the error set to *trace? If not, it needs to be.

22:49:10.331 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    The trace setting would tell us what is missin in this 1.5+ seconds.

To be honest, I hate these kind of errors. Hit and gone if you reload your last save are many of them. They are called random. Some I have removed because of the frustration. Some seem to only affect certain ai factions depnding which faction the player is playing. CA's code is a mess at best. I am trying to make this as grashproof as possible and enjoyable at the same time. It's basicly a one-man show, me.

After the release 3.80.13, there are two more fixes I uploaded that are on the last page of the 3.0 download thread. There are more little naggin fixes in there. Have fun with the mod. Point out the ctds. I need all this kind of help I can get. I you have ideas for the future of the mod or want to add to it, you are welcome to. Even though being pretty much a one-man show, I have had help from others, too. They have found things they can do to help make it better and I do thank them. You are welcome to do likewise.

I changed the trace setting, added the 2 fixes, deleted map.rwm again and put back the original campaign_script.txt like you said to keep my turns.

See attachment for the log.

Nothing in the log to cause it. Please what you did and what happened that you saw. What faction(s)? What turn? Was is a battle? An agent? A family member?

I honestly can't remember, it happened on an AI faction like I said in my original post. Anyway, I just started a new campaign with england again, we'll see how that one goes

Fair enough.

Oh my ing god it happened again

I was playing England and it CTD on end turn when Scotland was doing it's thing.
    I was on a crusade to cordoba and had some army ready to take over all of Scotland in their provinces.

I hope the error logs helps you out this time. Also included a screen with my current stats.

[CODETrigger agents23
    WhenToTest RefuseBribe

Affects Loyal 1 Chance 100
    Affects Upright 1 Chance 33
    Affects StrategyChivalry 1 Chance 90][/CODE] is the last one to show up.

What faction? Tbh, it looks like one of CA's doings. Reload the autosave, and hit the endturn button. If the cmpaign continues, it's one of CA's random jobs. If it ctds, post another log, please.

I have about four of these depnding on which faction I play that does this until about 1230. The ony option is to delete them of which I have not done, yet. I keep hoping I find a fix first.

Faction seems to be Scotland/Byzantine(I'm plaing England).

Included a log from quicksave and autosave(autosave is of latter time then quicksave so ...)

You say the only option is to delete them? Delete what? The factions?

I'll do whatever I can to save this savefile ...

Autosave one, it's parsing Byzantium when it happens. Somebody just refused a bribe. Second time.
    Regular log makes it three.

In the export_desc_character_traits.txt, the trigger for agents23 is causing it.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...28#post9750928 is the upload with the fix. Unfortunately, odd are against it being savegame compatible.

Thank you for catching it and letting me know.

Indeed, have to restart, I hope I can play a campaign without a CTD this time cause I really like this mod

Good luck. Run into another one, post it, please.