Thread: (Hulagu Khan 2002) Historical T.v drama finally on youtube (English Subtitle)

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Default (Hulagu Khan 2002) Historical T.v drama finally on youtube (English Subtitle)

well I am glad I found these episodes finally on youtube, this is a Syrian T.v historical drama about the Mongolian warlord Hulagu Khan the founder of the Ilkhanid empire and the conqueror of Baghdad, it was made in 2002 and had a great success in the middle east in that time it was even admired by Iraqi former dictator Saddam Hussein.
    I hope you all enjoy the 30 episodes

writer: Ryad Essmat
    Director : Bassel al-Khateeb

Cast
    Hulagu Khan : Ayman Zidan
    Dokuz Khatun : Jeyana Eid
    Qutuy: Norman Ass'ad
    Kitbuqa : Shady Zidan
    Brook: : Hesham Bahloul
    Kublai Khan : Mustafa al-Khany
    Genghis Khan : Abdulrahman al-rashy
    Olji : Lamya al-wertani
    Abaqa : Ahmed al-Ahmed

Al-Musta'sim : Fathi hiddawi
    Mujad-adin : Munadel Dawud
    Nizar : Ammer Ali
    Vizier Ibn Al-'Alqami : Hani ar-Rumani
    Nasir al-Din Tusi : Hassan uwaiti
    Ibn Haim Rabbi of Baghdad : Bassam lutfi
    Louis IX : Radwan Uqaili

Language : Arabic (English subtitle)
    Run time : 45 minutes
    release date: 2002

Trailer
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Episodes 1-30
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by jermagon; June 11, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: (Hulagu Khan 2002) Historical T.v drama finally on youtube (English Subtitle)

Where does episode 1 take place in? At what time?

Default Re: (Hulagu Khan 2002) Historical T.v drama finally on youtube (English Subtitle)

it's in 13th century China, when Genghis khan occupied parts of China

so guys tell me what do you think of it?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Those are Mongols!? Ha!

Reminds me of early Hollywood with Italians playing Native American and Chinese characters. I wanted to try and enjoy it but it's too ridiculous to these eyes... I also don't mind super low budget TV when it's shot in natural surroundings like much of that is, but the sound quality is so poor over youtube it's grating to listen to and try to read at the same time. Rudimentary folly artistry doesn't help, canned wooshing sounds for swords and arrows and clopping horse sounds, doesn't pass muster.

I so wish the West were more interested in the East and there were more, well-made movies about the Mongols.

Here's a film that's beautifully made about the Mongols...

Last edited by Dago Red; June 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM.

I watched Mongol couple of years ago, it's a good movie no doubt, as far as Hulagu it was made by Syria mainly to be watched by Arab speakers, so it would be very silly to hire Mongolian or Chinese actors to play the mongols not to mention that they can't speak Arabic, by the same logic movies like Alexander and gladiator are piece of crap cuz all the historical fugures in these movies were played by Irish,English,Australian actors no Greeks or Italians at all.

and I agree that the copy uploaded on youtube it has some problems regarding the sounds, believe me the original one lacks these problems, I'll try to find it

Quote Originally Posted by jermagon View Post
    by the same logic movies like Alexander and gladiator are piece of crap cuz all the historical fugures in these movies were played by Irish,English,Australian actors no Greeks or Italians at all.

and I agree that the copy uploaded on youtube it has some problems regarding the sounds, believe me the original one lacks these problems, I'll try to find it
    Dear friend, now we already are being racist, we can also do it a little more.
    In Europe, you have the race called "Caucassian" race or the more trivial name: White people.
    They are all over Europe, from Greece, to Ireland. Also the Americans and Australians are caucassians, how obvious.
    You do have a point, but that what we need, are not Greeks & Itallians, but people who actually speak classical Greek & Latin. This is obviously not going to happen, because all this crap is commercial and 70% of the viewers don't give a about the actors speaking Latin or classical Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by Khwarezm View Post
    Dear friend, now we already are being racist, we can also do it a little more.
    In Europe, you have the race called "Caucassian" race or the more trivial name: White people.
    They are all over Europe, from Greece, to Ireland. Also the Americans and Australians are caucassians, how obvious.
    You do have a point, but that what we need, are not Greeks & Itallians, but people who actually speak classical Greek & Latin. This is obviously not going to happen, because all this crap is commercial and 70% of the viewers don't give a about the actors speaking Latin or classical Greek.
    They are in the same race do not make them look the same.
    And I think there is no actor in the world now can speak Latin (ancient Latin, not Church Latin).