Thread: Cannons too weak

Jimmy_Aus's Avatar Libertus

Default Cannons too weak

Has anyone seen what happens when a cannon ball scores a direct hit on a group of advancing infantry?
    The cannon ball puts spectacular crater in the ground sending dozens of men flying through the air and what happens next, the men stand up dust them selves off and casually join rank with the rest of their mates leaving maybe 6 men on the ground clutching grazed knees. Personally i have seen cannons launch water to greater effect. Was anyone else disappointing to see that units which where relatively hard to obtain don't really have much power. Compared to ETW cannons they are really accurate which i guess they need to be since cannon balls no longer bounce. I do admit the increased number of direct hits is great to watch, but the stopping power has to be improved.
    73% of all statistics found in sigs are made up!

Resoded's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Cannons too weak

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Aus View Post
    Has anyone seen what happens when a cannon ball scores a direct hit on a group of advancing infantry?
    The cannon ball puts spectacular crater in the ground sending dozens of men flying through the air and what happens next, the men stand up dust them selves off and casually join rank with the rest of their mates leaving maybe 6 men on the ground clutching grazed knees. Personally i have seen cannons launch water to greater effect. Was anyone else disappointing to see that units which where relatively hard to obtain don't really have much power. Compared to ETW cannons they are really accurate which i guess they need to be since cannon balls no longer bounce. I do admit the increased number of direct hits is great to watch, but the stopping power has to be improved.
    I've said this a thousand times. Make them less accurate, more deadly and reinstate the bouncing effect. Darthmod is great but the cannon unit has been castrated. I don't even bother building them anymore.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Cannons too weak

So you know better then Darth then Resoded how cannons should work in this game?
    What he does he does for a calculated reason being the mathematical genious he is.
    If your suggestions was not taken into consideration the first or the second time or even the third time you mentioned them then it probably did not seem like a good idea to Darth.
    But by all means if you are so sure about how to improve cannons then make your own submod and implement these values il be looking forward to it.

On another note this thread is yet another suggestion and as ive said several times in several threads suggestions goes in the feedback thread.
    If you want to make a valid thread then start a poll and name it to something along the lines of who wants stronger more lethal cannons in dms or something like that.
    Until then im locking this.