Thread: AI establish vassal?

Default AI establish vassal?

anyone ever seen this? it would be cool though.

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: AI establish vassal?

Quote Originally Posted by nakago View Post
    anyone ever seen this? it would be cool though.
    What I have seen is that patrons are not helping their vassals when they are at war with the same clan...

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

Very cool indeed but unfortunately that rarely happens. If it did happen and the player's vassals were counted towards the number of provinces to be owned for the victory conditions that choice would start to make sense. Vassals help against pirates, give funds, they fight AND you can trade with them so they are super cool... and you never know when they can stab you in the back. I have seen the AI vassalize but not as often as I would like it to.

Not only would it be cool, it would be extremely realistic. I've gone over the database but been unable to find the values to adjust the likelyhood so far - I'll keep working on it though.

This would be nice, since actual military domination and direct rule/taxation of all or most of japan was not at all realistic.

"I walked up to the divine emperor and son of heaven the other day, and told him that all the lords of Japan are vassels to me."
    "Oh yeah, and what did he say to you?"
    "he said I must be shogun then."

This is how it should work:
    How bout I hold 7-13 provinces, most clans are my vassals, and I take Kyoto. The Mandate is given, and the "waiting" period until full shogundom (say 4 turns) in this time clans who think they are strong enough, or groups of clans, side with me, or in their own alliance blocks and declaring war on me, and Total War ensues. By the end of the 4 or so turns The victory should be declared or not. I guess my point is that maybe the Shogun victory condition should be based on the fraction of existing clans in vassalage to you and ownership of Kyoto. Not on number of provinces owned.
    ~Loyalty always, but honor first.~

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

There appears to be the issue of the X provinces needed to win though. If you vassalize a province you'll just need to conquer one more then,Vragos.
    Perhaps it's easier to look for the options that call a losing clan to peace. As is now why would you give peace to a defeated clan? If that clan offers to become vassal then that might work with the AI and take the offer.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Well besides the obviuos start one, i have only seen it occur once, before patch 2. Mori were down to a province and literally at war with everyone else and they offered themselves to me plus a hostage!.

first, only and last time it happened.....

i cant ever get em to give me hostages... well nearly...... but its the clearest indicator for me if the AI is offering a serious peace/ alliance deal if they acquiesce to a hostage demand they are definitely serious as the other 99.99999% of the time they don't and they end up screwing you
    Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; June 12, 2011 at 01:06 AM.