Thread: 1257 ad error??

Default 1257 ad error??

When i launch 1257 ad mod for Mount and Blade Warband there is the opening cutscene and after that cutscene it gives me error : hlsl_data_handles(9) is not valid..Do you now how to fix it pls?? (sorry for bothering)

Default Re: 1257 ad error??

I haven't seen that error before. But you can post it at the 1257 sub-board here:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,167.0.html
    Maybe someone has the same problem.

Another thing: The opening cutscene can easily be removed. I find it annoying and it's completely useless, except advertising for Paradox.
    Go to the Warband folder and find the file called 'binkplay', and remove it.
    It's a red, yellow and blue icon shaped as a tornado.
    Then when you launch the game it goes straight to loading. And who knows, it might be a solution...
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Which version of AD1257 are you playing and have you already tried to reinstall both warband and the mod?

Hmm i have never heard of that error. Check if other modules load properly. Since it crashes after cutscene it looks like an error with the warband installation folder.

hlsl_data_handles(9)
    HLSL == High Level Shader Language. (D3D shader language, see the mb.fxo files for the shaders.)

It's a problem with the engine. Basically, your video card failed to build a shader and so it throws the exception. Try switching to DX7 or say what your GPU is and I can give more precise instructions. Also turn off all effects, as well, and see if it goes away.

http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=2965
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; July 26, 2011 at 07:36 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud