Thread: The March to Mordor: An Elf's tale

Armaghost's Avatar Tiro

Default The March to Mordor: An Elf's tale

The march to Mordor: An Elf's Tale

-Written By Armaghost

This is a story about a General named Castien who was later adopted into the House of Elrond and brother to Elladan and Elrohir as they secure their borders and prepare to march and Aid the men of Gondor in the destruction of Mordor.

**Pardon if the writing isn't the best. I'm not the best story teller. But I will try my best to give you something entertaining to read. Also feel free to leave feedback, comments, complaints, criticisms, anything that will help improve my work to give you guys better entertainment as you come along with me on this journey. Enjoy!**

Prologue: The Flames of Elostirion
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There had been many Rebel sightings since the fall of Caras Celairnen to Rebels. Lord Elladan, heir to the throne, was making plans to take Caras Celairnen since the Men of the Free cities could not. However he'd need to call up the garrisons of Elostirion, Mithlond, Forlond, Harlond and the newly acquired village Eredimar.

The Rebels knew of this and they decided they would strike quickly to stop Elladan from Mustering a force to destroy them. Besides Mithlond, Elostirion was the closest to Caras Celairnen and had a large enough garrison to support Lord Elladan.

Night fell on Elostirion and Castien, Protector of Elostirion and a General serving under Lord Elladan, was standing on the balcony overlooking the town. It was quiet and tomorrow Castien was due to march out with One battalion of Archers and one battalion of swordsman to Mithlond. Yet little did he know in a few minutes Rebels would come out of hiding from within the town and set fire to over half the town.

He noticed a fire starting at the North gate and he yelled to the guards below to check it out while he rushed back inside and grabbed his sword. By the time he had exited his house screams had filled the air as Rebels had infiltrated the city and set fire to several buildings including the barracks.

Castien mustered what soldiers he could and after a few short hours suppressed the rebels, but not without great costs. Lumber from a building had struck him at the side of the head and half his face was covered in burns that would last the rest of his life. Over half his garrison was dead or wounded. More then half the city was burned to the ground. But he had survived.

The next morning the damage was inspected and the Elves of Elostirion began to rebuild and repair what damage the rebels did. Only 70 Rebels had struck Elostirion. Only 70. Castien had 120 men under his command, with 60 now dead he was unsure what to do. He looked on from his balcony he was wearing a Black hood and a mask over his mouth from the burns he received last night. He turned his head to the left as his second in command came forward and reported to him.

"What's left of the Garrison has marshaled sir. Perhaps we should leave the wounded and what's left of the City guard and march to Mithlond. We can get revenge when we assault Caras Celairnen."

"You are right. Prepare my horse, we leave in an hour." Castien spoke in a hoarse voice. His once smooth and gentle voice had been destroyed in that fire. But with the destruction of his voice a new passion was born. The revenge of the death of the people he was suppose to protect. His people.

meanwhile Glorfindel marched to Mithlond to reinforce as well.

Chapter 1: The City of Mithlond
    Castien had arrived at Mithlond with 60 archers and 38 of his personal bodyguard. Soon after Castien's arrival, Elrohir and Glorfindel arrived with 300 archers and 76 of their personal bodyguards. Lord Elladan had 120 men and 38 of his personal guard ready to go. When winter comes he would march for Caras Celarinen and destroy the Rebels. He had been saddened to hear of what happened to Castien and Elostirion. Yet he was happy to hear of Castiens bravery in the defense of the town, and for that he awarded Castien as Second commander of the Noldar replacing Glorfindel who had been promoted to Lord of Mithlond, and Guardian of the Grey Havens in Lord Elladan's absence. He also had sent word to his father Elrond and Elrond had responded back in approval adopting Castien into the fair House of Elrond.

A Diplomat entered the chambers that Lord Elladan, Castien, Glorfindel, and Elrohir were in talking about the attack on Elostirion and the soon to be siege of Caras Celairnen. The Diplomat bowed and Lord Elladan turned and spoke.

"What do you have for me Maidhfinden?"

"Good News m'lord. The Dwarves of Ered Luin have agreed to a Military alliance and trade."

"Very excellent we now have funding to go to war against these rebels. Thank you Maidhfinden you may go."

Castien looked to his older brother Elladan. "So we are to expect aid from the dwarves?"

Elladan nodded his head with a smile "The mountains are watched by our allies they were keep the Orcs busy in the North. Our choices after taking Caras Celairnen are to continue north and aid the dwarves and ultimately connect with our father and destroy the orces of the misty mountains or go south and aid the Free cities in the destruction of Dunland and Saruman the betrayer."

Glorfindel thought for a second before speaking "What of the Grey Havens?"

Elladan turned turn Glorfindel and gave a thoughtful response "You shall rebuild the Grey Havens into a trade hub. While providing reinforcements in our expansion."

Glorfindel wrote something down and was silent again. Elladan turned to his brother Elrohir. "You've been silent brother, no words of wisdom?" He smiled sightly playfully.

"Some. I think we should attack Saruman the betrayer, and cleanse the filth of Isengard. Then from there March on to Gondor and aid the Men in the destruction of Mordor."

Elladan stood and looked at his small council. "Rest now. Tomorrow we march for Caras Celairnen. Then we march to Isengard!"

Elladan departed the chamber as did the Glorfindel and Elrohir. Castien remained behind and remained in his seat as he silently remembered the night Elostirion. He took a sip of wine before getting up and heading to bed.

The next morning Lord Elladan and 663 men moved out of Mithlond and on to Caras Celairnen. Castien rode up next to Elladan still wearing the hooded cloak and face mask. Elladan looked over with a slight frown. "How long are you going to wear that brother?"

Castien looked over "I wear it as a sign as my failure to defend Elostirion and the burns the Rebels left me. It will put fear in the enemies"

Elladan shrugged "We wont be there till winter." They rode on in silence with their army marching behind them.

Chapter 2: The fall of Caras Celairnen
    Lord Elladan was making camp for the night, on the boarders of Mithlond before entering the Caras Celairnen Providence, when a shout went up though the camp. A Messenger rushed though camp and stopped before Lord Elladan. He got off his horse and gave a quick bow and handed his message. Castien approached a second later and looked at his brother.

"What is it?"

Elladan opened the letter and read it quickly before handing it to Elrohir. "Word has reached Glorfindel that my father is leading a small host to further our borders to the East. Also that the one ring has been found by the Orcs in the Misty Mountains. My father asks that we abandon our idea to take on Isengard and aid the Dwarves in the destruction of the Orcs to the North. Then to Misty Mountains to claim the one ring and take it to the fires of Mount Doom and destroy it." He looked at a second page the bared the seal of the council of Nobles. "The Council wishes us luck in the taking of Caras Celarinen and if we do manage to take it they will send us 90 units of Eldar Lancers to aid us in the push north. Also that the Free People have updated us on their current situation. They are controlling the south for now and wish us luck to the North."

Castien was silent as soaked in the news before he spoke. "The news of the Ring I find troubling. We cant allow Mordor to regain the ring. We shall have to hurry in our campaign to the North then. It matters not which orc dies. The Orcs of Isen or the Orcs to the north. The only good orc is a dead orc!" Several Elves cheered.

Lord Elladan raised his hand and all was silent in the camp again. [i]"Get your rest for tomorrow the first snow falls and we march for victory!"[i] He headed back into his command tent and the small group of men wondered off into the camp. Castien entered his brothers tent and relaxed in his bed thinking about what was to come until finally he fell asleep.

Shortly after the first snow fell Caras Celairnen had came into view on the horizon. Elladan signaled his men and they started to break marching formation and prepared to surround the settlement. After a lengthy discussion with his brothers he decided to starve them out or let them sally out since they lacked melee units. The siege of Caras Celarinen had begun. He glanced over at Castien who was shouting orders to his men eagerly to get the siege underway.

[IMG]http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy120/bonesInquisitor/Third%20Age%20Story/siege.jpg
    [/IMG]

Seasons passed as the Rebels of Caras Celarien and the Elves of the Gray Havens exchanged bow fire. Yet they did not sally out. It wasn't until spring until they sallied out and Elladan was prepared. He set his bowman in a straight line ready to fill the enemy with arrows for their crimes against his people. He looked to Castien and nodded, giving the signal for him to take command.

Castien watched as the gates opened and the enemy rushed out of the gates and into the line of his bowmen. "Tangado haid!" He pulled out his sword as the enemy rushed closer to him. He was ready to spill blood on this night. He raised his sword and pointed it forward "Leithio i philinn!" Arrows flew over head and passed his bodyguards as they found their targets within the enemy mass.

"Swords!" Castien's archers drew their swords and prepared as the mass of the enemy charged his line. The battle of Caras Celarien began in full. Castien lost track of time as he slashed his sword left and right. Then he heard Elladan's voice over the sounds of battle "Castien! The general flee's into the city! Take him down!" Castien turned to his men and pointed at the captain "Leithio i philinn! Leithio i philinn! Take him down!" The archers turned and fire a volley towards their captain and sure enough the Captain fell. Slayed by an arrow though the chest. With the death of their captain the Rebels were quickly routed and surrendered. The Elves cheered in victory as they suffered very little losses and had won quickly.

The Elves marched into Caras Celarien and into the town center when they confronted what was left of the population.

"By order of Lord Elladan, Heir to the throne of the Gray Hevans, hereby orders this town occupied. There is to be no sacking of this town. Any Civil unrest will be dealt with accordingly."

Elladan moved to his two brothers "See to it that order remains in the city. Then send word to Mithlond to send the Horsemen this way. We shall gather our strength here and march north. Castien you shall be in charge of the City Watch until we depart."

Castien nodded his head and vanished into the crowd. His revenge on this town had been to short, but he knew his people would no longer be bothered by the Rebels as they had been put to the sword. He decided he would take his new found revenge on the Orcs to the North.

Chapter 3:
    Last edited by Armaghost; June 11, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
    If you rep me please leave a name so I know who to love.
    My first AAR. Check it out The march to Mordor: An Elf's Tale

Armaghost's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: The March to Mordor: An Elf's tale

**Reserved**

Armaghost's Avatar Tiro

*Reserved*

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

NIce i like it i wil follow.

Armaghost's Avatar Tiro

Chapter 2 done.

Nice AAR, I like how you came up with the 'burned face' story to explain your characters mask. The only (small) thing I have to criticize is that it seems you don't always proofread? I recognize similar grammatical 'mistakes' to the ones I make when I don't re-read my stuff, so I guess its the same thing.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Armaghost's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by King Musa View Post
    Nice AAR, I like how you came up with the 'burned face' story to explain your characters mask. The only (small) thing I have to criticize is that it seems you don't always proofread? I recognize similar grammatical 'mistakes' to the ones I make when I don't re-read my stuff, so I guess its the same thing.
    It's something I'm trying to remember to do. I try to proof read then I totally forget to proof read again before I hit submit

Nice, I will try to follow it.
    I just wonder, what sub-mod are you using? Since the Dwarves where split in 2 factions.

Armaghost's Avatar Tiro

For this AAR im using FRoME and additional Settlements.

Armaghost's Avatar Tiro

Sorry for lack of story. Lifes keeping me busy I'll post Chapter three soon(TM) though.

Armaghost's Avatar Tiro

D: my save game file got destroyed when my hard drive died on my old computer, I forgot about this for a bit cause of my move as well. I'll try and remake it and get this rolling again, I liked what I did.

-Arma