Thread: Changing starting Location?

Default Changing starting Location?

Hi all, I'd like to apologize for cross-posting, but originally put my topic in text-editing/scripting by mistake, and it received one reply but I need a bit more help, and realized this was the right place to begin with.

I am trying to swap the starting location of the Chosokabe from Tosa to Buzen. For the time being, I don't really care about the missions or anything like that, I just want to switch capitals. I have been in the region manager sub section inside the startpos.esf but I am stumped as to what sections I need to change. I have changed the sections Otomo Rebels and chosokabe, and the respective others just beneath them, but it hasn't made any effect in game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Changing starting Location?

Did you swap the faction numbers around for the regions? (you can find these in the factions table in the db file), and also do this for the buildings?

I was doing that today, I found a guide that had most of what I needed from the Empire Total War mapping sections, but I keep getting exception errors and ESF crashes. I Can't seem to actually get to the point where I can change everything and its very frustrating.

An update: I switched to using ESF 1.4.6 instead of 1.4.8 and those errors stopped. I was using http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242764 as a guide. I am at the point right now where the campaign screen shows Buzen as my starting location (in bright green). I can get into the campaign map, but Buzen is under the Fog of War. Also, the regular chosokabe army is right outside of Tosa, and if I attack Tosa with it, I get a CTD. I'll keep poking at this because the info may prove useful to people who want to make new campaigns. Help is welcome and appreciated.