Thread: unit size

Default unit size

i am a little confused about units size

in vanilla , there is small med, large ultra.

but i know Darth also add more .

i played before with ashigaru Yari, at 150 units. i supposed that is med?

but with Darth 2.35, it jumped to 400 man. i think 250 - 300 is arleady enough , my FPS is not going to handle its so how do i get some where between 150 man units and 400 man units

( i am just using Ashigaru Yari ) as example. not too small but that too big either.

Default Re: unit size

In the DMS launcher there's an extra gameplay tab which lets you switch it back to normal unit sizes, where you can then go in and pick ultra, etc. Other than that I'm not sure how to manually change it.

DMS add x2 units. so if you use DMS + graphic option small units, is it small unit # x 2, and if you pick graphic option med, is it med units x 2 and so on so forth?

from what i tested, ti is always just ULTRA size x 2?

I.E. ultra size means basic ashigaru spears is 200 men. so DMS would make it 400 men?

if you pick small / med/ high / ultra i doesn't matter ? as long as you use DMS defualt you will always get 400 men in ashigaru?
    Last edited by nakago; June 08, 2011 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nakago View Post
    DMS add x2 units. so if you use DMS + graphic option small units, is it small unit # x 2, and if you pick graphic option med, is it med units x 2 and so on so forth?

from what i tested, ti is always just ULTRA size x 2?

I.E. ultra size means basic ashigaru spears is 200 men. so DMS would make it 400 men?

if you pick small / med/ high / ultra i doesn't matter ? as long as you use DMS defualt you will always get 400 men in ashigaru?
    I believe it's always just x2 from the default ultra settings, yeah. So, no I don't think picking those would make a difference with the launcher default. You either have x2, or the default values with small/med/large. That's how I think it works anyway.

Look at the Technical Help forum to find your answer.
    Good day
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Go here,if appdata doesnt show then you have hidden folders activated and must change that in folder options.
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts.
    Open User.script change the last numbers to what unit size you want in this line campaign_unit_multiplier 1.5; .
    1.5 means unit size x1.5 for example the largest unit sizes that you where refering to is 2.0 or x2 in other words.
    If your Pc cant handle x2 at all i would recommend regular unit sizes for best performance.
    If you use the launcher btw then you can just change the unit size in settings this is how you do it without.
    For further assistance post in the technical help section.
    Thread closed.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; June 09, 2011 at 05:15 AM.