Thread: A Musical Question

Default A Musical Question

I would very much like to put the opening theme to HBO's Game of Thrones as the default menu music (for immersions sake). Not the the music already there isn't lovely, but it's a matter of taste. And I feel that Ramin Djawadi really hit on something with his bombastic drum-heavy introduction to the series, and that it would go great in the menu as well.

The only problem is that in the "sounds" folder of the mod, the files are all VCD files. And I've never encountered these before. So question is, would it be at all possible for me to add the theme to the game?

Also props on the ingame music, beautiful and appropriate. Love it.

Default Re: A Musical Question

Quote Originally Posted by Waffenbaum View Post
    I would very much like to put the opening theme to HBO's Game of Thrones as the default menu music (for immersions sake). Not the the music already there isn't lovely, but it's a matter of taste. And I feel that Ramin Djawadi really hit on something with his bombastic drum-heavy introduction to the series, and that it would go great in the menu as well.

The only problem is that in the "sounds" folder of the mod, the files are all VCD files. And I've never encountered these before. So question is, would it be at all possible for me to add the theme to the game?

Also props on the ingame music, beautiful and appropriate. Love it.
    It was brought up by someone, I can't remember, about the issue of copyright infringement if we use HBO series material for this mod. Music may very well cross the line but I won't pretend to be an copyright lawyer or whatever.
    That may very well be vanilla music given the current version is just an incomplete alpha

Oh no, I certainly wasn't suggesting that you add the music as the default title menu music. I was only asking how -I- would go about doing so, as I realized that not everyone is a fan of the series and prefer the books.

Personally, I would maybe contact HBO and ask permission. They are surprisingly nice folks I've heard, and would perhaps allow the title music to be used as long as it's properly credited as theirs. Anyway, thanks for answering. Hope someone will be able to tell me how, if possible, it would be done

Oh, and it just occurred to me: since it's a non-profit fan-creation, using the music shouldn't technically be any more unlawful than using the actual names and places in the books, right?
    Last edited by Waffenbaum; June 08, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

hmm good question!

The muscial aspect of the mod won`t be neglected and will please you.

Can I get a harpist doing "Rains of Castamere?"

And "The Bear and the Maiden Fair."

Please get someone with a decent singing voice and make up some music to these ballads. That would be spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizedt View Post
    Can I get a harpist doing "Rains of Castamere?"

And "The Bear and the Maiden Fair."

Please get someone with a decent singing voice and make up some music to these ballads. That would be spectacular.
    I'm on the job!!!!