Thread: Perfect adjustement to historical first punic war: One epic story

Default Perfect adjustement to historical first punic war: One epic story

I chose Carthaginian faction in one of the two campaing which I started about two months ago (the another one was with celtics).
    For my happy surprise, I have just seen the map is according with historical firts punic war.
    First I fought in Sicily against Greeks, who attacked to me. I could win. My economy was weak at the beginning.
    In Iberian peninsula, Turdetani and Edetani allied with me, and i didn“t worry in that front. Later I fough with some rebels in North Africa. Numidian was neutral and the loyslty in the cities had gone decreasing.
    Later, I saw any spies from Numid faction in Cartago (who produced more decreased in loyalty), and so I decided to start one war with this faction. I conquerred two nearest numidian cities, but i had two problems: An epidemy in Cartago (it is spreaded to other cities) for some turns, and very decreased loyalty in Siracusae. I tried to reduce tributes and increase the number of troops (indeed change in the capital city), but finally a revolt happened, and the power changed to Greeks. This revolt arrived to the near city in northern Sicily, and I lost two cities. Slowly I came back to conquer those two cities (I got gold from Africa victories and conquerred cities in Africa (Numid is a faction with little war power- a lot soldiers of desert and horses with javelins)).-
    When I recovered Sicily, Edetans and Turdetans declared at war with me. At the beggining I could resist with my troops in iberian peninsula, and i conquerred one city from Turdetans. But one spy from Turdetans and a diplomatic turdetan got I lost Gadir and the other city (a bribe happened). I moved this army slowly to Cartago Nova, and I resisted (I added two armies). Later I moved three own generals on boat to this city and I conquerred one city from Edetans. When a diplomatic from Edetans or Turdetans offerred to me the peace, I gave this but i asked 5000 denari (it is often given to me) (usually in three-four turns, or in the next (weak AI) one, I came to be at war). I continued with my expansion in Africa for to give more refoircements troops (good troops like elephants) to my cities in Iberian peninsula, and i got almost Numidian defeating. I moved one high army (pikemen, elephants, etc) to Iberian coast in boat ( I had some sea battles before).
    At present (221 BC), I have three cities with good and enough army in iberian peninsula (and spies and assessins ( I have one master of assesins, he has died five assesins from the turdetan enemy).
    In 223 BC, I had sent one own diplomatic to Rome (through Gauls lands) for trade rights (neutral). I had seen Rome has defeated to Italians, and it is now fighting with Greek in south Italy. The two Gauls factions are in peace with Rome. I had seen Mario“s change has produced (pratorians soldiers, etc). I have already another Sicilian revolt in Siracusae (new decreasing of loyalty).
    At present (221 BC) Roma declared to me (Carthago) at war.
    The same or similar to historical first punic war: Cartago had Sicily (with a lot of rebel cities, and Syracusae (usually rebel or greek), North Africa, Balearic islands, Corcega and Sardania, and some cities (Cartago nova and Gadir) in the south of the Iberian peninsula. Roma has defeated to many italian cities, Gauls are in peace in the north, and started a war with Greek cities in South Italy, and later Carthago.
    Wonderful and historical mod.

Default Re: Perfect adjustement to historical first punic war: One epic story

Yes, I really love this mod also...

Default Re: Perfect adjustement to historical first punic war: One epic story

Cool ... I love punic wars ... I just plyed a lot of mods as Carthage and never had the opportunity to live it...maybe now I can