Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~~Mediterranean Total War~~

Default ~~Mediterranean Total War~~

MEDITERRANEAN TOTAL WAR

Lentonius presents, mediterranean total war, a new mod for RTW and BI.
    Although only just announced, I have had it in concept for over 7 months now, and consequently have produced a high knowledge of the time period, factions and units.

I chose this as a base as although I have enjoyed many mods, I have felt that this period and ideas were never represented, rather most timelines have focused later on in history, and I felt this time and place would make for a good mod.
    Mediterranean Total war is set in the Ancient Mediterranean, the dominating battlefield of the world's superpowers. The map will stretch from corsica and sardinia in the west, to the persian gulf in the east. It is going to be set at 527BC continuing to around 200BC, in my mind the greatest period in history.

The persian empire has only recently overthrown the Assyrian empire, dominating itself as the superpower of the world.

In Egypt, the slowly dying New kingdom of the pharaohs still exists, although the persians look onwards at the grand monuments of the pharaohs with their expansionist eyes. The pharaohs can never be as great as the likes of Ramasses the great, but can the Mediterranean still have the potential for a revived egyptian empire.

In hellas, the time for the greeks' glory is still being awaited, and the bustling city states are constantly at war against each other. They look to the east as the persians are slowly conquering asia minor. When will they reach the Aegean?

However, west of Hellas lies Italia, where the etruscan kings rule throughout. Their rule is beginning to falter as The ancestors of the greek colonists begin to forge empires of themselves.

To the far north, in the plains of Latium, a new power is growing. Although unknown to most, it is growing, and will eventually rule all the powers of today.

On the isle of sicily lies the syracusians, an independant colony, with great technologies. Here the first catapaults will be made not so far in the future, and the great Archimides will construct the world's first crossbow. For a state free from the power struggles of hellas, there is great opportunity for a large empire. However, it is only a matter of time before hostile contact emerges with the ancestral states and the phoenicans...

However, on the west coast of sicily the Phoenicans, founders of Carthage have a great naval empire, and are complete in their control of the western mediterranean. In their military are huge elephants, whom can decimate entire bodies of armoured men and horses. Their troops come from all parts of the known world. If the greatest components of foreign mercenaries can be combined with great leadership, they can potentially rule the world.

In this world there is no knowing who will seize power...

Factions;

The Persian Empire

Kingdom of Sparta

Athens

Egypt

Corinth

Syracuse

The Etruscans

The Phoenicans

Thebes

Euboea

Thessaly

Macedon

Thera

Epidamnos

Ionian states

Argos

Senatus Populus Que Romanus

Barbarians

This faction list is a very work-in progress list as myself and Dionysius are ever changing the list to make the game better...

Campaign Map:

This is not the 'final' design, but what is currently a map that Icetorque is generously making for us.

Units:

There is currently a unit list in development, and 100% of the models will be new units. There will be around 13 unique units for the factions each, and at least 60 regional units. All skins will be made to be fairly unique, and I will try to make each model different.
    draft egyptian general

Spartan Neodamoodai (new citizens)

draft Athenian doryphoros (guards)

Buildings:

I will also plan to extend each factions technology tree by adding more buildings to make what i believe to be an origianally poor tech tree into a more influential part of the game.

Other FAQ's

Isnt this similar to Hegemonia mod?

Althothough hellenic factions play a huge part in this mod, It is as much based on powers such as egypt and the persian empire, along with the etruscans and phoenicans. Also, the campaign map may look similar, but this is only a concept map

Why isnt Iberia included. Afterall, it is in the mediterranean?

Iberia, although crutial for Carthaginian reasons, would have to include at least two new factions to include it, along with having to scale down larger warzones such as hellas and sicily. Also, the presence of barbarians is limited to the bare minimum, to allow for a more 'city state' feel. Having several iberian tribes would be rather pointless in that sence.

Why is so much of the arabian desert included?

In a way that is for two reasons. Firstly, the persian empire was huge, and that needed to be shown. Going up to the edge of turkey would mean perisa would be in a more fragile state, and the persians had only recently conquered babylon. Also, the large extra landmass will help in terms of mapping, as the rest of the map is very sea-orientated.

Thanks, and please post your comments, i like to know what the general feel is for the mod.

The Team:

Leaders:
    Lentonius
    Dionysios II The Great

Historical Research:
    Dionysios II The Great

Promotion:
    Dionysios II The Great

Moddeller:
    Lentonius

Skinner:
    Lentonius

Animation:
    Lentonius

2d Art:
    Lentonius

Movies:
    Lentonius

Mapper:
    Icetorque

We are really looking for somebody who understands and can make animations as we have no idea and experience of adding them in-game. For now I am fine being head art-guy but if anybody at all is interested in helping, no matter in how small part, then just PM me...

(pics removed by myself until further notice)
    Last edited by lentonius; March 10, 2006 at 03:12 AM.
    GREEK ERA MOD FOR MEDIEVAL 2- JOIN TODAY, THE ANCIENT PROJECT!!!
    http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Ancient_Project/

Im won't comment on the accuracy of the grekk models as im no expert - but the persian empire should NOT include that much of the arabian desert.

This is basically Rise of persia with a smaller map buddy. You have some cool skins and models. The ideas are great and i like your work - but it really is just like Rise of Persia. If you love the period come and join us we could use some more skinner/modelers.

If not don't worry and i wish you good luck - i hope you make your dream mod

but also rise of persia as far as i know does not feature rome and carthage

Yeah thats bit too far west for us. i forgot about that - the offer still stands if you ever want to help out

But good luck this mod takes every great civilisation pretty much from the starting point and goes right through to roman domination. Stopping the romans could be cool

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

hello i like this project but im worked with rop for thier egyptians, and i know a couple of things about them.
    im currently reskining them for rop if you guys want to i could let you have them as well.

PS: the persian overthrew the babylonians, not the assryians.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochus epiphanes
    hello i like this project but im worked with rop for thier egyptians, and i know a couple of things about them.
    im currently reskining them for rop if you guys want to i could let you have them as well.

PS: the persian overthrew the babylonians, not the assryians.
    True. The Babylonians were the one who overthrew the Assyrians. It's interesting how each eastern had its "turn"

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

i guess you are the same lentoniuos from the org,

just like to say thanks for the tutorials you did, good luck with the mod,

Hey Lentonius! Nice hoplite models... some of them look pretty similar to Hegemonia's work that belongs only to its creators, why is that do you think? Mere coincidence, or maybe great minds just think alike? Anyways good luck with your mod! Do me a favor and remove all Lupus' work (all the faction icons, the shield textures etc) from the models you don't have permission to use, ok? Thanks man, I can't wait to see if you make the Spartans the way we did too!

Believe in Hegemonia... Or the Megarian will get you.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

So I suppose those regional units could represent satrapies and the autonomous kingdoms within the Persian Empire? Curious, of course, because I'm Armenian

btw: This mod looks beautiful.

Snevets, i will sort out this dispute in theORG but i thought you lot knew about apostate's agreement to us. I will remove those pics until this mess is cleared up but i would appreciate if all comments like yours were kept to theORG, so that i dont have to explain myself on 2 forums...

To be fair it was an alliance of medes and babylonians that overthrew the Assyrians at around 600 b.c. i didnt say anything because it really doesnt matter. Im looking forward to seeing the ZoR units for the east though. Though im probably getting a little to excited and pushing for later development stuff!

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Snevets
    Hey Lentonius! Nice hoplite models... some of them look pretty similar to Hegemonia's work that belongs only to its creators, why is that do you think? Mere coincidence, or maybe great minds just think alike? Anyways good luck with your mod! Do me a favor and remove all Lupus' work (all the faction icons, the shield textures etc) from the models you don't have permission to use, ok? Thanks man, I can't wait to see if you make the Spartans the way we did too!
    Quote Originally Posted by lentonius
    Snevets, i will sort out this dispute in theORG but i thought you lot knew about apostate's agreement to us. I will remove those pics until this mess is cleared up but i would appreciate if all comments like yours were kept to theORG, so that i dont have to explain myself on 2 forums...
    guys, play nice please. Discussions such as these should really be kept in private where it is a lot easier to sort them out, or they tend to have a nasty habit of snowballing - Tac
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

The Persians overthrew the Mede Empire, the Babylonians surrendered peacefully.
    http://www.crystalinks.com/persia.html

“Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both.” -Johannes Erwin Eugen Rommel.

"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love; they had five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."

you forgot morocco on the campaign map

Quote Originally Posted by Tacticalwithdrawal
    guys, play nice please. Discussions such as these should really be kept in private where it is a lot easier to sort them out, or they tend to have a nasty habit of snowballing - Tac
    the way that those models had been made available is of no importance any more...lets forget about it

the private understandings and respect between teams is the best way for mutual benefit
    as long as the agreement is respected and u dont use any of Lupus icons (in case u have done) i dont think there will be any problem and everything will be sorted out the easy way

good u guys found a mapper
    keep on the good work
    ...but innocence was lost long ago

The Babylonians did not surrender peacefully. There was a battle at Opis. the internet is not a good place to learn your history

Ok than, i geuss you'll know. You're interested in Persian history, eh? (I'm not) :laughing:

“Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both.” -Johannes Erwin Eugen Rommel.

"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love; they had five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."

Ok, the situation has been cleared up and i will put the units with my own shield designs back on

'Models created by Dark Fenrir for Hegemonia-City States'

Athenian Hoplites

Phokian Hoplite:

Samian Hoplite:

Tegean Hoplite

Last edited by lentonius; March 16, 2006 at 12:06 PM.

The one with the blue tunic looks realy cool! kind of like the spartan from spartan total warrior

I've said it befoe and I'll say it again why was morocco chopped off the campaign map?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast