Thread: Did this change to prior Versions ?

Default Did this change to prior Versions ?

Greetings. I tried an older Version of this nice Mod a while ago and, while liking most of it, I didnt continue using it due to the battles being decidet to much by endurance for my taste. Basically all units where totaly exhausted from long fights without losing significant amounts of men so the fights lasted way to long and where easy to win if you bound huge amounts of enemy troops with few of yours and then sent your fresh reserves in their back
    Could someone who played older Versions as well as the recent one tell me if this has changed ?

Default Re: Did this change to prior Versions ?

What version are you talking about? Many stats has changed over the development phases and at one point the entire battle mechanism was re-done by Darth.
    I highly recommend installing the latest version and trying it out. Personally I love it.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

Default Re: Did this change to prior Versions ?

The fatigue rates and numbers have been adjusted relatively "recently", and the penalties that fatigue give to melee combat were also toned down if I remember correctly. At the moment, I can get my units to either kill 2-3 enemy units or have their own numbers reduced by more than half before they become winded. Naturally, this is assuming dry conditions, fighting on even terrain with slight combat advantages, and walking instead of running from place to place.

Keeping reserve units to have them fresh and eager to deal a shock hit on enemy troops remains a good tactic, but it's not the game-defining all-purpose "iWin" button it used to be. It's still particularly effective if done with nodachi samurai or spear cavalry in the back of the enemy, doubly so if you can use terrain to charge at them downhill. However, it won't give you an instant win like it used to.