Thread: Not In His Satrapy?

Default Not In His Satrapy?

Can someone give me some help with this? I have a growing number of characters getting the "Not In His Satrapy" trait when either they ARE in their Satrapy or don't HAVE a Satrapy.

An adopted family member has been in Antioch for ~8 turns now. He's the minister of finance (might be a sub mod ancillary) but has nothing related to Satrapies. He just picked up the "Not In His Satrapy" trait.

A new family member who was schooling in Selukeia picked up the Babylonian Satrapy ancillary, but he was just passing through so I gave it to the governor there, my Faction Leader. Several turns later (he's still in Selukeia) my Faction Leader picked up the "Not In His Satrapy" trait.

Unless I'm overlooking something, this seems like a bug and I'd like to remove these traits because they aren't going away on their own. Anyone know the technical name of these traits for use in the console?

EDIT: I found the trait names and removed them, but they simply return the next season...
    Last edited by Kolaris8472; June 07, 2011 at 01:55 AM.

Holdfast's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Not In His Satrapy?

I will be very interested in any answers to this. I have an Arche Seleukeia campaign at 257BC on VH/H. I only have two FMs with Satrapies, Persia and Media, and have kept them in their Satrapies so far and no "Not In His Satrapy" traits so far. Odd though. You are, of course, starting the script every time?

postm00v's Avatar Tiro

Did you install EB 1.2 recently ? Because that's not save game compatible.
    That's the only thing I can come up with.

I've never played EB non-1.2, and while I did make a few changes to Temple bonuses mid-campaign, I don't believe that would break a save game.

About the script...sometimes I'm forced to fight multiple battles during the AI's turns, and of course with all the crashes...there's no way I could keep my spirits up if I had to refight them all, so I do sometimes save pre-battle and then activate the script once it's back to my turn. I don't think you're supposed to do that, but I don't think my script is broken either. The seasons always continue properly, and I'm still getting events like Babylonian New Years and the Olympics.

It occurs to me that just removing the NotInHisSatrapy trait wouldn't do anything if the underlying trigger counter is still non-0, so I'll try resetting said counter and then remove the trait. Hopefully then it'll stay gone.

Anyway, set the counter back to 0 and it's been 20 turns since then, trait hasn't come back. I'll take it as a freak occurence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris8472 View Post
    Anyway, set the counter back to 0 and it's been 20 turns since then, trait hasn't come back. I'll take it as a freak occurence.
    How do you set the counter back to 0?