Thread: Camera Shake

Crazyeyesreaper's Avatar Primicerius
    Citizen

Default Camera Shake

Anyone else find the Camera shake when zooming in on troops entirely stupid?

I cant seem to enjoy the melee battles in this game as the camera bounces around more then a kid in the back of a school bus on a dirt road.

and with that said anyway to completely turn the damn thing off. if i wanted a camera handled by someone with Parkinsons Disease i would give my camcorder to my grandmother and tell her to record me playing lol

okay so to be blunt i was a moron and totally missed the entry in the preferences file to turn off the battle camera shake. so for future users heres where to find it.

Lionheartx10 I thought there was a way to disable it in the preferences.script file . . . Yep I was right. Go to your preferences.script file located here: C:\Users\*Insert your username*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts

and search for the line: "battle_camera_shake_enabled true;" change the true to false and it should disable the camera shake!
    hopefully others who dislike it can now find that simple edit.. which i missed at least twice now since the game came out.
    Last edited by Crazyeyesreaper; June 06, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
    CPU: i7 3770K 4.6GHz / i7 4930K 4.4 GHz / i7 4770K 4.6 GHz
    CPU HSF: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro / Review Samples / Review Samples
    MOBO: Biostar TZ77XE4 / ASRock X79 Fatal1ty Champion / MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    GPU: Integrated / GTX 780 / HD 5450 Passive
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same
    CASE: Nanoxia DS1 / Nanoxia DS1 / Lian Li Test Bench
    HDD: 160 HDD / 512GB SSD + 120GB SSD + 5.5TB HDD / 60gb SSD

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Camera Shake

There's no way to disable it from the game menu?

A friend of mine like it, I... meh, sometimes I like it, others not so much. I think it should shake that much only with artillery and explosions. And a lot less with soldiers.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I like the camera shake effect. I think it adds immersion to the game- when big clashes happen I zoom in to the action, and I enjoy the extra effect the shaking camera has.

But you're definitely not the only one who dislikes the camera shake, that's for sure. I've seen other negative threads about it.

I wish S2 had more immersive effects. In NTW when groups moved they would kick up particles, dust or snow or whatever, now that's gone. Too bad.

Citizen

well i cant for the life of me understand why its not an option,

when running 30-40k soldiers on screen camera shake gets unbearable.

its fine with smaller troops numbers but with extreme troop number you cant even see the troops anymore it just gets so damn out of control i might as well be on a trampoline trying to watch a 20inch screen from 15feet away its just mind numbingly terrible i cant enjoy the nice new animations of the battles, or watch the impact of a cavalry charge if the screen shakes so bad i cant enjoy the view. its fine again on small engagments but if you have the PC to run it try upping the number of troops to extreme levels and youll find it just becomes unbearable.
    RAM: Mushkin Redlines 2x4GB 1866 MHz / 4x4GB Gskill 2133 MHz / 2x4GB Kingston 2400 MHz
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050w 80+ GOLD / NZXT Hale82 650w Modular / same

Lionheartx10's Avatar Youtube Crazy!

I thought there was a way to disable it in the preferences.script file . . . Yep I was right. Go to your preferences.script file located here: C:\Users\*Insert your username*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts

and search for the line: "battle_camera_shake_enabled true;" change the true to false and it should disable the camera shake!
    “To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/lionheartx10

Citizen

thank god i must of missed it when i was browsing through for it awhile back. + rep man finally i can enjoy my 40k man battles. no more feeling like im being forced to endure feeling like im a shaken baby lol

and yea thanks again no wonder i didnt see it it wasnt in the area of the preference files i was looking at for it. woot
    Last edited by Crazyeyesreaper; June 06, 2011 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeyesreaper View Post
    thank god i must of missed it when i was browsing through for it awhile back. + rep man finally i can enjoy my 40k man battles. no more feeling like im being forced to endure feeling like im a shaken baby lol
    haha I know the feeling, no worries mate, glad I could help Thanks for the +rep.
    “To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

Ionn's Avatar Civis

What file editor should we use?

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Notepad works fine
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Ionn View Post
    What file editor should we use?

Yep just use Notepad to edit it

thanks... ill be using that: i too get annoyed with it

I tried this and it still didn't work. Mind showing me exactly what you did in video form? Or maybe help me out in some way, I really want the camera gone. Please help?

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

hahah funny, the battle camera shake is fine, we only need to retweak the shake to become minimal, well cavalry shake ground is realy true, or artilery, what we need to remove just infantry
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

gosh u guys.... have no idea about realism. There is never a shake when troops march nor when somethings explodes next to u., U hvae seen to many movies.