Thread: Units clustering to much

Default Units clustering to much

Hello, I was playing my first dm campaign with shogun yesterday (legendary, hojo, short, 60minbattles), when I found something strange with the units mass and/or penetration, I don't think I've ever seen this in vanilla:
    When surrounded, units keep clustering untill 100 men are standing where 5 would have been in vanilla, this makes surrounded units very slow and hard to kill, and also doesnt feel very realistic.

heres a pic
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...01B543CEEBE43/

Default Re: Units clustering to much

Yes clustering is a little overdone in the last five or so versions. This bugs me even though I'm playing with normal sizes. It's a great way to construct realistic penetration scenes but only when it doesn't look like they are forming a black hole by compressing themselves into a singularity.

Thats pretty funny. The only time I've ever noticed it is during castle sieges when everyone is completely surrounded though. Seems fine on field battles.

This kind of clustering is much more likely to happen if you're playing with larger unit sizes, which is the case in that screenshot. On medium, the scale I play, that kind of clustering *never* happens - at least with the way I play. Mileage may vary.