Thread: Elves appearing!

mimcpa's Avatar Laetus

Default Elves appearing!

So i have rivendell under siege with my uruk-hai, having lost an awful lot of them beating the army that was inside it that i managed to tempt out. Only elrond and one other unit are still in there. Yippee, Im thinking. This is gonna be fun!

All of a sudden, on the next turn, the place has a garrison of about 15 units, which i dont have a hope in hell against. I am not happy.

What is with that? Is it meant to happen? I know the scripting has a large effect on the AI factions, trying to keep them close to the events of the lore and whatnot, but that's not really fair.

Can i stop this, and maybe other elements of the script eg. randomly appearing armies, at all from my end? Its fantastically done, i know, but if i dont want to follow the events of the books and movies at all it can be quite limiting.

Still an excellent mod, btw.

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Elves appearing!

Garrison script and yes it is supposed to be there, it was designed to help the AI

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

If you don't like it you can use the cheat: auto_win attacker by first pushing the ~ key.

mimcpa's Avatar Laetus

yeah i know, but i almost got it all by myself. Having that many powerful units appear instantly makes defeating them very difficult, if not impossible.
    Obviously rivendell is an 'important' city so it cant just be allowed to fall easily but with preparation and planning even rome fell.

Its not like the force that was in it to begin with wasnt nicely sized anyway.

It broke my immersion, i can tell you.

Obviously rivendell is an 'important' city so it cant just be allowed to fall easily but with preparation and planning even rome fell.
    so prepare and plan more
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    so prepare and plan more
    Or draw them out of their city and cheat...Lol
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Elrond can call reinforcements in dire need with his ring of power, mind you

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

i never siege assault i just wait them out and when you win you should auto take the city unless I am mistaken..