Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [PItalica2] Version : 0.96 (patch1) - Download Link

HTVfanatic's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [PItalica2] v0.96 Download Link ad Discussion (patch1)

Ok thanks for the quick reply

Hackworthy's Avatar Libertus

Even though only a beta this is a very well done mod, bravo.
    Plus, ultra!

I just bought STW2 but I'm going to give it a try

Always liked roman era!

diez's Avatar Biarchus

very good mod congratulations!
    i loved the greek commands.
    btw check these 2 videos if u want to make them better in the future...

i know that these are not your priorites now but
    if u want help what do they mean and things like that feel free to pm me...

I'd like to raise the following issues:

1. I get a huge 20-second lag preceding every naval combat. Is this normal?
    2. Naval transport is extreeeemely slow. Is this working as intended?
    3. It's impossible to recruit agents, meaning once your beginning diplomat dies, you're kind of done making deals.

Great fun nonetheless!

Opifex

1. Nope, will look into it.

2. It was an unintended consequence of the winter script, and will be fixed in the next version.

3. You should currently be able to recruit diplomats from city hall buildings, and the next patch will have merchants as well.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

diez's Avatar Biarchus

guys,i installed the mod and the patch but when i go to start a campaign,it loads forever...anyway to fix it?

debux's Avatar Senator

It takes quite long, yesh. How long did you wait?

If you PC gets stuck while loading, then I'd be worried, and I wouldn't have any clue of what's wrong. Basically I'm just saying that load times are long. It's well worth it though
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Yeah, the load times are somewhat abnormally long. If you have a slow computer, I guess it just exacerbates the problem exponentially.

Diplomats from city hall buildings, you say? So the diplomat should pop up in my Syracuse recruitment screen, right? Cause I don't see anything. =/

One suggestion:

According to a book I read, ("Fall of Carthage" by Adrian Goldsworthy) a lot of cities in the First Punic War fell due to treachery, with certain people inside besieged cities simply opening the gates for the besieging army at night. I'm assuming this might've been the case throughout the region at this time. Any ideas on how this could be implemented?

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mavs View Post
    Diplomats from city hall buildings, you say? So the diplomat should pop up in my Syracuse recruitment screen, right? Cause I don't see anything. =/
    Yeah, it appears to be missing. I got the same thing. I think someone reported it before though, not sure...

According to a book I read, ("Fall of Carthage" by Adrian Goldsworthy) a lot of cities in the First Punic War fell due to treachery, with certain people inside besieged cities simply opening the gates for the besieging army at night. I'm assuming this might've been the case throughout the region at this time. Any ideas on how this could be implemented?
    God, I love that book. First historical book with so much analysis that I enjoy so much. Anyhow. I mentioned the same thing somewhere, can't remember where (somewhere where merchants were talked about? Not sure)... spies can fill out this role perfectly, however, there is no other way to simulate the "help from the inside" (the disfavored political families in the city) that both powers had in the Punic Wars.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Praepositus

Just collapse during i try to launch custom battle and writes unspecific error
    Last edited by jo the greek; July 05, 2011 at 05:05 AM.

I read somewhere in the forums a while back about a recruitment system that would work like this:

1) Wall would provide recruitment capabilities of low-tier troops and free upkeep.
    2) A military complex building or what not (Training grounds?) that would allow the recruitment of higher tier troops and maybe provide experience bonuses as it is upgraded.
    3) Stables would still provide cavalry (You need stables to house horses before you can start training w/ them).
    4) Barracks (this is where it changes) would provide recruitment slots and free upkeep for certain units to represent housing provided by the barracks.

Just a suggestion. Not sure if you guys could use this or not.
    The superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity and many deeds of the past, in order to strengthen his character thereby. -John Milton

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    Just collapse during i try to launch custom battle and writes unspecific error
    You didn't follow the instructions in the OP, and delete a certain file.

Yeah, the load times are somewhat abnormally long.
    Indeed, it takes 1-2 minutes to start a new campaign, due to the huge size of the map, and the hi-res stratmap models we have.

Will be looked into.

I like the idea of Spies being in charge of this, which is why I'm looking to reintroduce them in the upcoming or the following patch.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Would it be possible to add an event mechanism where the town/city in which province you decisively win a major battle changes its allegiance? Or where losing such a battle creates unrest/decreases public order in that province's city, and if the public order is low enough, the city revolts or switches sides?

I dunno, I think that would be cool. Would portray the political ramifications a major victory/defeat had at the time!

And perhaps one could make it so that certain cultures/cities switch sides more readily than others. So...Carthaginians, Romans, and Greeks would change sides less often than Gauls, Lucanians, and Samnites.

So...Carthaginians, Romans, and Greeks would change sides less often than Gauls, Lucanians, and Samnites.
    Just to say that the Samnites were one of the tenacious and most agressive peoples of the Italian Peninsula. That's the reason of their long wars against the Roman Republic.

Your idea, is good, but i don't know if it's possible.
    Last edited by Skyn0s; July 05, 2011 at 04:34 PM.
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyn0s View Post
    Just to say that the Samnites were one of the tenacious and most agressive peoples of the Italian Peninsula. That's the reason of their long wars against the Roman Republic.

Your idea, is good, but i don't know if it's possible.
    Yes, but I remember many of them going from unaligned to allies of Pyrrhus following his victory at Heraclea.

I understand though that it'd be a very complex thing to implement, if at all possible.

Praepositus

actually i was confused when posted here and before the patch i got this crash and i deleted the only file i found

EDIT

ok i was confused though i had to delete the files only if i had installed the patch thanks amazing how rome models look awesome in Medieval
    Last edited by jo the greek; July 05, 2011 at 05:02 PM.

Question:

Is there a way to limit the number of units produced by the AI?

The number of full stacks I've had to thrash as Syracuse fighting the Brettians (I thought it was Bruttians?) and the Lucanians is insane. A dozen is a pessimistic guess!

If you think about it, wars were usually decided by a few major battles. That's not the case though. You can destroy 4 full stacks in 4 huge battles and it'll hardly bother the AI.

PlayerOne's Avatar Senator

What difficulty are you playing and what is the size of the Brettians and Lucanians?

When i was playing i found they were strong factions with maybe 3-4 full stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerOne View Post
    What difficulty are you playing and what is the size of the Brettians and Lucanians?

When i was playing i found they were strong factions with maybe 3-4 full stacks.
    When I invaded the Brettians they were a middle-of-the-road state in terms of power.

The Lucanians were fourth I think, after Rome, Syracuse, and one of the Gauls up north.

So the Lucanians were really big. I've taken about 13 of their cities, destroyed about 10 stacks' worth of troops, and now I found they have 4 stacks just chilling next to their capital.

Campaign's almost over. I've been playing too much. lol