Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [PItalica2] Version : 0.96 (patch1) - Download Link

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [PItalica2] v0.96 Download Link ad Discussion (patch1)

MegaUpload is killing me here.. Can the patch be uploaded elsewhere please?

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    You have a link to download it with Filefront on the first page

EDIT : oops didn't see, you talking about the patch ^^
    Last edited by Skyn0s; June 16, 2011 at 01:15 PM.
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by The Sweeper View Post
    MegaUpload is killing me here.. Can the patch be uploaded elsewhere please?
    Sure. Patch reuploaded to Filefront.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Great Mod!

Opifex

Thanks guys! We appreciate it.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Just started to download & play the mod. I must say this is incredible, and that I'm glad to play a Roman Era mod with M2TW. Great work and thank you all. +Rep

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

where Do you want feedback?

Opifex

Feedback here, CTDs and what-not, in the CTD thread.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

I just started an Umbrian campaign and have a two questions:

a.) I'm unable to build walls at all (e.g. Sarsina) or upgrade existing walls. Although the building browser shows that it should be possible.

b.) Land trade is minimal/neglectable even with improved markets, which is a financial drawback to landlocked factions like the Umbrians. Or are the herding buildings a kind of compensation for those factions (and in general for inland settlements)?

More general questions/ideas:

1.) As there are no (buildable) roads planned... What about extra land trade building-tiers which would allow to build e.g. "trade route/caravan" and "improved trade route/caravan" (or better and more suitable equivalents).

2.) Without roads the map seems a little lifeless and uninhabited, as the settlements aren't connected by roads (not even dirt ones) with those drolly little carts on them. Are there miniture models of e.g. different kinds of farms, mines, lodding camps, temples, pastures etc. and more unique buildings (like the Port of Carthage and the Jupiter Temple) planned to make to map more decorated and vivid? I reckon their are some farm textures in the Rome province, but they don't have any big visual impact all in all.

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

Sure. Patch reuploaded to Filefront.
    Thank you for the swift solution!

Opifex

a) I'll look into it.

b) Yeah herding it's your best bet as the Umbrians, and it's not much. Mountainous factions in general don't have it easy, so I would not recommend starting as the Umbrians or the Sabines as your first faction.

c) As far as visually having more buildable roads, I'm a little inclined against it, as I want the trade routes that are there to have importance, and especially to bring contrast to Via Appia when it gets built. I like the idea of upgradeable road tiers however.

d)
    -yeah increasing land diversity is always a continuing priority, which takes forever as its such a huge map to fill. The map just as it is took over a year of dedicated effort to complete.

-part of the reason I restricted the roads, on top of the functional reasons I oulined above, was so as to not "dirty up the landscape", for aesthetic resons to let the landscape shine there on its own. Sort of as a contrast to vanilla's cluttered featureless maps and campaigns. What do you think on that regard? I'm open to all suggestions.

-I definitely want to have more miniature models and pastures in the future. Thats why I added Roman pasture fields in, as a trial run -- but you just said that they're not moving and that therefore they're not good?
    Last edited by SigniferOne; June 16, 2011 at 06:26 PM.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

I love the idea of only having the important roads being present. However there should be some sort of economical buildings for the mountain factions that tie into history. Were they really that basic in their economy to have only herds and basic trade? Maybe a mountain paths building that gives trade, as they would know their lands better than anyone else and would know the best way to cross them. It wouldnt have to show on the map either.

Edit: When you add the resources to the map that should also give an economical boost as well?
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Thats why I added Roman pasture fields in, as a trial run -- but you just said that they're not moving and that therefore they're not good?
    What I intended to say was, that those farmland textures near Rome are so far the only "extra" ground textures - and that's why they don't have a big visual impact to the map as a whole. That's all. And I do think they look good! (Although they could do with a little more wheat-like colour; they are quite greenish)

PS: I'll use the map discussion thread for further feedback and ideas.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I couldn't wait and fired a campaign with Roma on H/H, Huge.

Is there a recommended difficulty? And unit size? Balanced on?

In general, i'm very impressed, as expected a high quality mod.

Few things you could work/think about, as following.

# Cost structure/cashflow: Here i notice that all AI factions are bancrupt after a while in the campaign. Along the partly extreme high construction costs, this is no wonder, is there a script that gives enough money to the AI?
    # Certain faction AI: Lucanians steamroll to a degree, ie. Greek Cities (incl. Tarentum) have no chance to survive this struggle, and even Sarmatians Samnites (lol) have issues. I think you can adjust this via recruitment capabilities/costs and unit quality.
    # Certain faction: Romans (me here), i have imo. much too much quality units available, i mean the replenishment and training capabilities, the quantity.
    The starting turns are hard cash-wise (that's good), while when Via Appia is constructed, the money flows "infinite", and it seems no AI can harm me - while i would have to playtest first a potencial enemy of Rome, or (a neutral acting) Carthage and observe how the Rome AI acts, to get a full idea, because i'm in favour of the balance-idea, that Rome as AI has a high chance to subjugate good parts of Italy.
    # Smith buildings: Give no weapon/armour bonus yet (of course you know this). However, as for the balancing of the mod, i can imagine that this can remain as is, but you can give these buildings another relevant role, ie. as requirement for barrack tiers? Or/and bonus for recruitment slot (if technical possible, i'm out of M2TW modding, but i know some buildings can realise the slot bonus, not only walls), as this could make the campaign-course more dynamic, or other bonusses.
    # Suggestion: A script for the human player, that removes money from on a certain turn and income amount.

So far, else, a great piece of modding
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 17, 2011 at 06:51 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Hi DaVinci - your overall campaign balancing and input was always top notch! Hope you have some more ideas in store for Signifer.

Uha, what do I see? You are moding Shogun now - let me check that project of yours!
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Hi DaVinci - your overall campaign balancing and input was always top notch! Hope you have some more ideas in store for Signifer.

Uha, what do I see? You are moding Shogun now - let me check that project of yours!
    Hi dear Hister, PI2 is a welcome refreshing mod for my love of this period.
    As the PI2 mod is top notch and provides a lot of immersion, i must play that, and still more to get a full idea of the balancing, but i believe my points above are already relevant aspects which can enhance the gaming experience (at least along my taste).
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Civis

Playing campaign as Greek Cities and on turn186 without a crash. Minor issues but nothing game breaking. Love it!! Can't wait to hotseat this; is there a way to test the hotseat mode?

Enjoying the mod so far. But im Seeing that cavalry charges arnt having much of an effect for me
    Last edited by olliehax; June 17, 2011 at 09:45 AM.

great work!,great mod!

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    I couldn't wait and fired a campaign with Roma on H/H, Huge.

Is there a recommended difficulty? And unit size? Balanced on?
    At present it's uni-difficulty

# Cost structure/cashflow: Here i notice that all AI factions are bancrupt after a while in the campaign. Along the partly extreme high construction costs, this is no wonder, is there a script that gives enough money to the AI?
    Hmm there is a money script, but I'll have to look into the AI financials. With the next patch you'll probably see a financially sustainable, well-profitable AI economy.

# Certain faction AI: Lucanians steamroll to a degree, ie. Greek Cities (incl. Tarentum) have no chance to survive this struggle, and even Samnites (lol) have issues. I think you can adjust this via recruitment capabilities/costs and unit quality.
    Well the Lucanians are supposed to be able to steam roll the Greeks. The Greeks are supposed to be barely holding at the seat of their pants here. That's why historically they needed invasions from Greece... *cough*

# Certain faction: Romans (me here), i have imo. much too much quality units available, i mean the replenishment and training capabilities, the quantity.
    Can you explain? Can other Roman testers comment?

# Smith buildings: Give no weapon/armour bonus yet (of course you know this). However, as for the balancing of the mod, i can imagine that this can remain as is, but you can give these buildings another relevant role, ie. as requirement for barrack tiers? Or/and bonus for recruitment slot (if technical possible, i'm out of M2TW modding, but i know some buildings can realise the slot bonus, not only walls), as this could make the campaign-course more dynamic, or other bonusses.
    Interesting ideas.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams