Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [PItalica2] Version : 0.96 (patch1) - Download Link

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [PItalica2] v0.96 Download Link ad Discussion (patch1)

Hi! Kind of quiet in this forum, sadly! I downloaded this mod yesterday and played a few custom battles and a few turns on some different campaigns. I would rather wait for a more "Polished" version but the curiosity got the better of me

Anyway, most of the issues I had were already mentioned. Weird movement rate on campaign map (although I figured this has to do with being lead by generals, now I read through here), and, judging from a campaign's first 10 turns, the buildings you can build in a city are weird. Most seem to focus on slight happiness bonuses, but my happines isn't really low (will probably change as you expand though). In contrast, there are very few economical buildings? And, why don't you guys want roads in the game? I understand you want Via Appia to look really impressing, but maybe you could at least have the dirt tracks? Also gives you a bit of sense of direction on the campaign map

What I liked most was the campaign map, it's very beautiful and very detailed. Although Africa is a little bit... Too sandy. Units look pretty. The Carthaginian port model is amazing. And the music is funny (the battle music reminds me 30 years old hollywood movies, or something)

Anyway, two issues:
    Shouldn't principes still have spears instead of a gladius at this point?
    And wasn't Campania already under Roman control, or at least allies to Rome, at this point?

All in all, really amazing work! Well done

Edit: Will you implement correct starting battle deployments? For example, the Romans in their checkboard formation?
    Last edited by Rinan; August 04, 2011 at 08:02 AM.

Sentrywatch's Avatar Foederatus
    Germania Inferior (Brabant, the Netherlands)

I just wanted to say thanks for the amazing mod! As Rome I've already survived wars with the Etruscans, Samnites and the 3 Gaulic factions! The only thing that disappointed me is that Principes and Hastati don't carry pila. I'll surely download future versions (if this mod isn't dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Sentrywatch View Post
    I'll surely download future versions (if this mod isn't dead).
    Why do you mean that this mod would be dead ?
    It isn't, I reassure you.

Glad to see you like it, but try to make more constructive remark ...
    This kind of remark isn't really what you wanted to say, i know, but it's not totally nice when you see it ^^.

To answer your question, in the future version, the Principes and Hastati would be able to carry their pila.

Thanks for your understanding. And welcome on this Forum

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

Sentrywatch's Avatar Foederatus
    Germania Inferior (Brabant, the Netherlands)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyn0s View Post
    Why do you mean that this mod would be dead ?
    It isn't, I reassure you.

Glad to see you like it, but try to make more constructive remark ...
    This kind of remark isn't really what you wanted to say, i know, but it's not totally nice when you see it ^^.

To answer your question, in the future version, the Principes and Hastati would be able to carry their pila.

Thanks for your understanding. And welcome on this Forum

Skyn0s
    Good, I'm glad to hear that. Sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intention. And thanks for answering my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentrywatch View Post
    Good, I'm glad to hear that. Sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intention. And thanks for answering my question.
    Be sure you didn't offended me mate.
    Just an occasion to say, one more time, that constructive feeling, idea, or opinion are always needed.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask us, we will respond to you with pleasure.

Skyn0s
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

nlovertoom's Avatar Tiro

I've been off in the world of ancient Mediterranean graduate studies and missed this!? I could kiss you...
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

I have tried lots of ancient era mods of medieval 2, and I must say, this one is the most promising. Yes, I played IB2 and the others, and still this one is the most promising. This mod have a completely different level of quality than those. Cant wait for the next release, hopefully the 1.0!

So keep up the extremely good work, guys!

(just one thing: the new map, although beautiful and detailed, seems a bit too large for me. I know you are not gonna make a new one, but a 0.5 multiplcation would be good. Too big distances, too many turns to reach your destination)

6 months away from all things gaming, this made a VERY nice welcome back. Only had one night to play so far, so a mere 20 turns in, but I wanted to let you guys know that you forced me to do something I've never done in any Total War campaign so far. As Rome, on C:H/B:VH, I had to turtle. I actually disbanded units rather than using them to blitz. Finally, I was in a starting position where I just wasn't strong enough to immediately start crushing my neighbors AND build up my economy at the same time. I love that you've made war actually expensive.

Hi, my name is Cyril, downloaded your mod very much, very much like to see in the next patch a new animation. I was upset that the fashion that the units during the battle is not irmeyut assault on each other, as is well shown in a fashion The Third Age: TW.
    Please do not be angry, spread photos, please check that you can come in handy in terms of the new animation:

Quote Originally Posted by nlovertoom View Post
    I've been off in the world of ancient Mediterranean graduate studies and missed this!? I could kiss you...
    You can ... but not me xD !
    Glad you liked it, i don't know how you could missed it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by bgabor911 View Post
    I have tried lots of ancient era mods of medieval 2, and I must say, this one is the most promising. Yes, I played IB2 and the others, and still this one is the most promising. This mod have a completely different level of quality than those. Cant wait for the next release, hopefully the 1.0!

(just one thing: the new map, although beautiful and detailed, seems a bit too large for me. I know you are not gonna make a new one, but a 0.5 multiplcation would be good. Too big distances, too many turns to reach your destination)
    The map is too large ?... you're the first to say that.
    In my opinion it's really a pleasure to have big distances beetween the differents armies / regions.
    Anyway, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Pode View Post
    6 months away from all things gaming, this made a VERY nice welcome back. Only had one night to play so far, so a mere 20 turns in, but I wanted to let you guys know that you forced me to do something I've never done in any Total War campaign so far. As Rome, on C:H/B:VH, I had to turtle. I actually disbanded units rather than using them to blitz. Finally, I was in a starting position where I just wasn't strong enough to immediately start crushing my neighbors AND build up my economy at the same time. I love that you've made war actually expensive.
    Thank you for your message.
    Concerning the economy system, it will change with the future version, but not too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ganmenate View Post
    Hi, my name is Cyril, downloaded your mod very much, very much like to see in the next patch a new animation. I was upset that the fashion that the units during the battle is not irmeyut assault on each other, as is well shown in a fashion The Third Age: TW.
    Can you put your pictures into a "spoiler" ? Thank you in advance
    Concerning the animation, it's a good idea i think, depending of the "someone's skill" to do it ^^, thanks to sharing it with us.

This is absolutely my favorite mod ever!!! I just spent a good chunk of time beginning the inexorable Roman conquest of Italy. Roma Victrix.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by bgabor911 View Post

Thanks, much appreciated

The solution is not to make the map smaller/coarser. A lot of other mods already have that. The solution is to add more things between the cities. To add more content

Quote Originally Posted by Rinan View Post
    Hi! Kind of quiet in this forum, sadly! I downloaded this mod yesterday and played a few custom battles and a few turns on some different campaigns. I would rather wait for a more "Polished" version but the curiosity got the better of me
    Please outline what you'd like to be more polished.

Weird movement rate on campaign map (although I figured this has to do with being lead by generals, now I read through here)
    Not weird, just unique What matters is if it adds or detracts from gameplay and immersion. Does it in your view?

the buildings you can build in a city are weird. Most seem to focus on slight happiness bonuses, but my happines isn't really low (will probably change as you expand though). In contrast, there are very few economical buildings?
    Indeed, will need to be looked at.

And, why don't you guys want roads in the game? I understand you want Via Appia to look really impressing, but maybe you could at least have the dirt tracks? Also gives you a bit of sense of direction on the campaign map
    Will be given some thought.

Shouldn't principes still have spears instead of a gladius at this point?
    Nope, we begin right after the reforms which make the Roman army what we think of it as, today, so as to not be too confusing.

And wasn't Campania already under Roman control, or at least allies to Rome, at this point?
    Would be too unbalancing...

All in all, really amazing work! Well done
    Thanks.

Edit: Will you implement correct starting battle deployments? For example, the Romans in their checkboard formation?
    I don't see why not, eventually.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; September 05, 2011 at 03:39 PM.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Will you bring back the hotseat function soon, SigniferOne?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Hi PI Team! Great job!

Can we expect any new patch - version soon? Where are you working - focus now?

Thanks in advance...

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Opifex

Yes, I'm back and the work on the patch has resumed. Some of the updates already in place include an all-new ancillaries system, and fixes to the crashing settlements in Custom Battles. We're also revamping the next faction in order (secret).

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    Yes, I'm back and the work on the patch has resumed. Some of the updates already in place include an all-new ancillaries system, and fixes to the crashing settlements in Custom Battles. We're also revamping the next faction in order (secret).
    Can't wait. I've been enjoying this beta immensely––to the point that I really don't think of it as a beta. The map is gorgeous (one of the best I've seen in a total war game), and a real treat to explore. I love the smooth coastlines and unique settlements and wonders. The unit textures are also great. I've been playing Paeninsula Italica since Hister developed the original for RTW-BI, and I feel this version keeps the spirit and fun of the original while taking it to a whole new level. Very fine work, indeed.

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Is it possible to add new music also guys?

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Great news ! Keep up the great work!

Quite good news... i've been fearing the development was at a halt, but you've come with the "salvation"!
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Gertrudius's Avatar Hans Olo

Just want to add my adulation and encouragement. This mod is a top notch development, and I anxiously await news of further developments.