Thread: More than 81 general portraits in the game.

Default More than 81 general portraits in the game.

I have a question. There are possible to use 81 portraits of generals in the game. If you create f.ex a portrait ui/japanese/.../general/young/081.tga, it won't be recognized in the game and replaced by the random portrait (000-080.tga). I think, if i will be able to find the file, where the portraits and models are defined, so it will be possible to use more than 81 general portraits, isn't it?

Last edited by peterzy; June 05, 2011 at 04:03 AM.

Default Re: More than 81 general portraits in the game.

First of all, i don't thave answers and I'm only trying to share my thoughts on the subject:
    Note, that every general has unique variant model, and portrait is in pair with that, so I don't think there is anything random about it. If you just put 81st portrait in the folder, game just ignores it.
    In agent_uniforms_tables there are 80 generals defined, plus daymyos and other agents. What's weird, in agent_uniform_colours_tables there are only 50 generals referenced. This gives us some hope though.
    Maybe try adding more generals in agent_uniforms_tables, make uniform variants (extract, rename by changing general number, and import back) and portraits for them? It's a long shot, but who knows?
    (I'm very much afraid it's hardcoded into shogun2.dll file, though)

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

A portrait of a General is assigned in CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION/CHARACTER_ARRAY/CHARACTER_ARRAY/CHARACTER/CHARACTER_DETAILS/PORTRAIT_DETAILS
    of startpos file or savegames file, but I think that TGA file do not match with actually shown file in game.

For example, Takeda Nobushige's portrait is 062.tga in startpos but 002.tga is used in game.
    Especilly for Daimyos, actually used TGA files exists not in ui/portraits/japanese but in ui/portraits/custom.
    Does someone Know how the mechanism of portrais assignment works?
    Last edited by mochi; August 27, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mochi View Post
    A portrait of a General is assigned in CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION/CHARACTER_ARRAY/CHARACTER_ARRAY/CHARACTER/CHARACTER_DETAILS/PORTRAIT_DETAILS
    of startpos file or savegames file, but I think that TGA file do not match with actually shown file in game.

For example, Takeda Nobushige's portrait is 062.tga in startpos but 002.tga is used in game.
    Especilly for Daimyos, actually used TGA files exists not in ui/portraits/japanese but in ui/portraits/custom.
    Does someone Know how the mechanism of portrais assignment works?
    Sorry to necro post, but I've been asking this question for the longest time. Has anyone came to understand the portrait allocation mechanism and why there's this disparity from startpos and the ui?