Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Results 901 to 915 of 915

Thread: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

  1. #901

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Hi everyone, thanks for developing this amazing mod btw

    I have a little question, not sure if it's a bug or something that escapes me.

    I'm playing as France, I have made a revolution and thus turned into a republic early in the game.
    And I don't know how to research the "Steel ramrod" tech. Here's the screen, and as you can see it's somehow still unavailable :


    That's a problem, I have quite a late army but my soldiers still don't have dem sweet bayonets and are sometimes a bit anal raped in melee fights (not that it happens a lot, but still !)

    Thanks if you can tell me what's wrong

  2. #902

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Also (sorry for the double post), I have come to the point where I have so many possible units to recruit that I can't see them all ( ), as in the following screen where you can see that, for instance, no artillery is available (which is not true) :

    Thank you

  3. #903
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Electorate of Hannover
    Posts
    1,721

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Thanks for the report. I can see you're playing 2.2.1b. All your problems will be fixed when we will integrate RotR in 2.2.1b because France will have a new techtree and won't have any vanilla units left. Sorry for your problems.
    Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

  4. #904

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Thanks for the quick reply will my saved be compatible with the incoming version ?

  5. #905
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Electorate of Hannover
    Posts
    1,721

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    No sadly not.
    Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

  6. #906

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Hey all, lovely mod, thanks for all the hard work. I just finished my first campaign playing Russia. (2.2.1b). But after playing for a while I have some questions, and am wondering if everything has installed properly.

    The Russian tech tree has the "secret artillery" techs. But, in my game at least, those techs don't do anything? Researching them did not give me any new units to recruit, and I can't find any unique artillery in the building browser for Russia. However I'm not that familiar with the mod, or even Empire TW as a whole, so I'm wondering if I'm just doing something wrong? I could only recruit cannons, howitzers, and fixed mortars, the largest being a 24lbs. fixed cannon. Looking through other nations rosters in custom battles, none of that seems unique to Russia.

    And unfortunately I don't know enough about vanilla empire to recognize what, if any, units are different from vanilla.

  7. #907
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Electorate of Hannover
    Posts
    1,721

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bork View Post
    Hey all, lovely mod, thanks for all the hard work. I just finished my first campaign playing Russia. (2.2.1b). But after playing for a while I have some questions, and am wondering if everything has installed properly.

    The Russian tech tree has the "secret artillery" techs. But, in my game at least, those techs don't do anything? Researching them did not give me any new units to recruit, and I can't find any unique artillery in the building browser for Russia. However I'm not that familiar with the mod, or even Empire TW as a whole, so I'm wondering if I'm just doing something wrong? I could only recruit cannons, howitzers, and fixed mortars, the largest being a 24lbs. fixed cannon. Looking through other nations rosters in custom battles, none of that seems unique to Russia.

    And unfortunately I don't know enough about vanilla empire to recognize what, if any, units are different from vanilla.
    Welcome to TWC
    This is something we already knew and Russia will get a new tech-tree and units (check our developers thread, there you can already see some) so things so this will be fixed.
    Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

  8. #908

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    So... just a friendly suggestion... I strongly suggest creating a sticky thread that lays out all the changes 2.2.1 makes to vanilla.

    For a newcomer like myself, I come on this forum looking to see what this mod even does, and all I see in the sticky threads is something vague about uniforms and dividing the campaign into three stages. Most of the rest of the discussions and information pertain to version 3.0 which isn't out yet or RotR which is something different.

    So... people who don't already know what the mod does are left totally clueless.

  9. #909

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Is the idea that the next update shall contain more new content or is the focus on hammering out as many bugs as possible? Regardless the answer i hope i'm not rude to ask as the mod is great already!

  10. #910
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Electorate of Hannover
    Posts
    1,721

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aelius28 View Post
    So... just a friendly suggestion... I strongly suggest creating a sticky thread that lays out all the changes 2.2.1 makes to vanilla.

    For a newcomer like myself, I come on this forum looking to see what this mod even does, and all I see in the sticky threads is something vague about uniforms and dividing the campaign into three stages. Most of the rest of the discussions and information pertain to version 3.0 which isn't out yet or RotR which is something different.

    So... people who don't already know what the mod does are left totally clueless.
    We'll try but I can't promise you anything because we are working since years on RotR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Is the idea that the next update shall contain more new content or is the focus on hammering out as many bugs as possible? Regardless the answer i hope i'm not rude to ask as the mod is great already!
    Thank you And it will be both, bug fixing and new content!
    Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

  11. #911

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Have you ever looked into VDM 2.2 mod (either for vanilla or Imperial Destroyer)? Do you plan to introduce more "complex" features such as those present in that mod?

  12. #912
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Electorate of Hannover
    Posts
    1,721

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    Have you ever looked into VDM 2.2 mod (either for vanilla or Imperial Destroyer)? Do you plan to introduce more "complex" features such as those present in that mod?
    It would be pretty cool to inclued VDM but we don't have the knowledge required in order to do so because VDM is maybe the most complex mod for ETW, sorry.
    Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

  13. #913
    ♔PikeStance♔'s Avatar ⚜️ Dilly Dilly ⚜️
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Global Citizen
    Posts
    9,579
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanpera View Post
    Have you ever looked into VDM 2.2 mod (either for vanilla or Imperial Destroyer)? Do you plan to introduce more "complex" features such as those present in that mod?
    I have zero interest in adding VDM into this mod. Diseases were not as common as you may think. When it comes to scripting, I like the idea of attrition and even attrition for naval units as well. I also would like to do scripting for the slave trade as well. It is on the list of things to do/learn. LOL
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |Hayabusa Sushi|
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

  14. #914

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post
    I have zero interest in adding VDM into this mod. Diseases were not as common as you may think. When it comes to scripting, I like the idea of attrition and even attrition for naval units as well. I also would like to do scripting for the slave trade as well. It is on the list of things to do/learn. LOL
    I actually agree with you in regards to diseases, I was more interested in EU like features such as manpower and stability

  15. #915
    ♔PikeStance♔'s Avatar ⚜️ Dilly Dilly ⚜️
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Global Citizen
    Posts
    9,579
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, & QUESTIONS [v3.0 Development Discussion]

    I should had mentioned manpower as well. APE:Ti Already uses a system similar to what would like to try here. We do have a mechanism in place here but it restricts special units not militia etc. the problem with API:TI is that it doesn’t distinguish between local recruitments from mercenaries. Another thing is supplies. The ability to make war is not just manpower and money but supplies. By the time v3 we will either have something or not depending on whether or not it will work correctly.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |Hayabusa Sushi|
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •